• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Animator

Chalkitdown's post history in this thread tells you all you need to know.

Why don't you just sell the game and move on chalkitdown? Clearly "ubiSHIT" is out to fuck you over.

Why don't you just sell the game and move on chalkitdown? Clearly "ubiSHIT" is out to fuck you over.

If I hate a game that much I either stop playing or sell the game. I guess he would just rather cry.

I played for about 3 hours straight last night and had a blast. Probably because I wasn't spending my time looking for small problems to bitch about and instead playing and enjoying the game.

What does my post history tell you? That I expect the games I buy at full price to actually work when I want to play them? Is that what they tell you?

Fucking fanboys are the worst, and that goes for that other clown up there too.

Thing is, when the game's working, it's great, but I can't believe it's been released in such a shitty state. This needed another 6 months of development.

DeaDPo0L84

I absolutely love this game and everything it's managed to accomplish like giving me those SOCOM feels. But dammit fix these shitty servers! A MP only game should not have issues like this. Me and my whole squad had the day off today and have yet to be able to play one freaking match. Its reasons like this people will abandon this game if this is to be a normal occurence.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Connection issues, bad matchmaking, servers down. This game will be dead soon if Ubisoft continues with this shit.

game is doing pretty well from what I heard, so I don't think there's much to be concerned about.

Matchmaking is already significantly better too

Animator

What does my post history tell you? That I expect the games I buy at full price to actually work when I want to play them? Is that what they tell you?

Fucking fanboys are the worst, and that goes for that other clown up there too.

Thing is, when the game's working, it's great, but I can't believe it's been released in such a shitty state. This needed another 6 months of development.

Nobody else is having issues the way you are claiming you are having. You either have a shitty network connection or something else because trust me this thread will be full of complaints if we all were failing to connect all the time and half the other shit you mention.

I would love to stay and argue with you but I am having too much fun playing. Keep getting mad.

Nobody else is having issues the way you are claiming you are having. You either have a shitty network connection or something else because trust me this thread will be full of complaints if we all were failing to connect all the time and half the other shit you mention.

I would love to stay and argue with you but I am having too much fun playing. Keep getting mad.

There's a thread with almost 800 posts on reddit. And it's only the "Patch" thread. There are other threads on reddit, gamefaqs and Ubisoft homepage regarding similar problems (matchmaking, server, connection, etc).

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
There's a thread with almost 800 posts on reddit. And it's only the "Patch" thread. There are other threads on reddit, gamefaqs and Ubisoft homepage regarding similar problems (matchmaking, server, connection, etc).

My group is still having a lot of issues with staying connected to matches, rubber-banding, being stuck in lobbies trying to 'find' each other, even after the patch. I never dropped mid-match before, I've since dropped several times a night. Everyone we played against complained about similar experiences. Hit detection is, without question, so much cleaner. But the netcode continues to struggle with stability for many. Even if someone is willing to stick their fingers in their ears, the general community is increasingly aware that there is still much to be done before Siege is up to snuff.

Mokoi

Banned
I don't bother to complain since I got the shit for free, but was lame as fuck when trying to play with some peps from here a while back, but every time I joined a lobby someone would be disconnected.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I don't bother to complain since I got the shit for free, but was lame as fuck when trying to play with some peps from here a while back, but every time I joined a lobby someone would be disconnected.

I was wondering where you got off to. Where's my Siege wisdom guides?

KodaRuss

Is it normal to get disconnected from Terrorist Hunt games when the host leaves?

I have mostly been playing standard multiplayer but I have seen this a few times now on TH.

kuYuri

Not sure if these still work, but here are some codes for the weekend

RQYX-TFJG-MMMN-CPVG
8ELL-XTKQ-4DTV-ULQB
KGLT-V88B-NDPA-HEEQ
QFY4-PAMB-LKNM-8N6Q

Woo-Fu

Banned
Played enough during the free weekend to unlock all the operatives. If they tighten the hitreg/netcode I'd pay $40 for this game but as is I won't buy it unless I can find it for $20 or less.

You'd think a purely multiplayer-focused game with small player-count would have that part nailed down but they're cutting corners to save on infrastructure costs and it shows.

The game has a great concept, but you simply can't ignore the flaws.
So few flaws but so much fun. I'm not calling anyone liars but I have had no connection issues at all. Everything works perfect as far as joining games is concerned. I have a few hit detection issues now and again, but nothing on the scale of BF 4 or any Cod ever.

GravyButt

How much renown do you guys average (without boosters) on the regular mp matches (not t hunt?) seems no matter how good I do I can never get over 180 renown and ive had a few beastly matches where Ive actually gotten less than matches where I got destroyed! Wondering whats up with that? I noticed it started acting funky after I got the seasons pass on the ps4.

Keihart

Nobody said anything about the context of no VCs being a casual mode in R6, he was just talking about comms in general.

Casual in CS is literally fuckaround mode. Of course it isn't taken seriously. That's how it is in any game that separates casual and competitive matchmaking, honestly. Just a weird comparison to throw CS out there in this context. So yeah. If you aren't playing comp in that game that completely explains your perspective.

Well....CS sitll works as a twitchy fps even if team based, were reflexes more often than not can give lots of clutchs. I think that was were the"kids playing like CS" comes from

Drewfonse

Anyone using the X1 elite controller with this game? If so thoughts on it? I've ordered the elite controller but wanna make sure it's worth it.

Just got my Elite a few days ago, and Siege is the only game that I've played with it. I really love the ability to create hair triggers. I got the controller pretty much when the patch came out, and I'm doing better than before. Some of it is clearly just experience, but I'm routinely getting 3-4 kills a game now and I wasn'the before. Even had an 8 kill 4 assist game, which for me is as good as it gets.

I tried adjusting some of the right and left stick settings, in terms of "aggressiveness", but I can't say that I have noticed a difference. It's a great controller, though. Is it worth $150? Not sure. But I just re bought Mortal Kombat because of the improved d pad.

Love Siege a lot.

soultron

Banned
Did Glaz's ability to see inside get nerfed? I was surprised how dark it was when I looked into a window during daylight.
His scope got changed in the most recent update, that might be what you're seeing. There's a good comparison shot if you look up the official blog post detailing the 1.1 update.

Got some ranked games in with a team of people where everyone had a mic on our team. We still lost 4 - 5 on Consulate in OT but damn that's the most fun I've had in a multiplayer game outside of CSGO lately. Wow.

How much renown do you guys average (without boosters) on the regular mp matches (not t hunt?) seems no matter how good I do I can never get over 180 renown and ive had a few beastly matches where Ive actually gotten less than matches where I got destroyed! Wondering whats up with that? I noticed it started acting funky after I got the seasons pass on the ps4.

I average 250-300 after a win. Around 180 if I lose.

Did Glaz's ability to see inside get nerfed? I was surprised how dark it was when I looked into a window during daylight.

No it's not changed since the patch. It's always darker looking inside windows in certain angles. Seems to get darker inside the closer you get. Try keeping your distance for better visibility.

I tried the free weekend on PC, it was fun and the game mechanics were solid but I can see the online community for this game dying out soon, already had trouble finding matches towards the end of the trial period. I don't think it's worth a buy taking into consideration it only has MP.

Top Bottom