• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Mentok

Banned
So I went home for lunch and played a couple games and got utterly destroyed after having a great night last night... Damn this game sometimes.

Stolen from Reddit but this was pretty much me.

http://i.imgur.com/iWvHv4U.gifv

Lol that was me last night. In fact in a game with Trini the enemy triggered his Kapkan trap which killed me, but somehow NOT the guy who triggered it. Yeah sometimes you get into a bad rut.

kvk1

i really need to commit to an entry when my shield flashes a room

but i'm just so damn scared of the guy in the corner waiting to tear my head off

so i just sort of freeze in place, wasting time and position

there is such a fine line between ballsy and stupid in this game

HiiiLife

I've been working the past week but reading this thread makes me not wanna play lol. It seemed fine after that first patch but now it got worse? How sway. You don't have the answers sway.

C4 is so damn op, holy shit.

It's.....C4. What do you expect? It has a terrible throw range and you either must be working with a partner or have a decent sightline to know when to detonate it for it to be effective. It also has one use and is loud as shit so people will easily hear it if they are close. Seems very balanced to me. Hell, this is probably one of the most balanced MP game out the gate I've probably ever played.

It's.....C4. What do you expect? It has a terrible throw range and you either must be working with a partner or have a decent sightline to know when to detonate it for it to be effective. It also has one use and is loud as shit so people will easily hear it if they are close. Seems very balanced to me. Hell, this is probably one of the most balanced MP game out the gate I've probably ever played.

It really is, but C4....man....it killed 3 of our team. And we weren't even close to each other lol.

Genryu

Banned

C4 is great, especially as a Pulse.
Tracked some people outside of a window down at the floor and I heard the rappels coming, tore down the barricade and threw out my C4 and took out 3 people.

But usually C4 ends with me hitting the trigger and nothing happening, because it got destroyed somehow.

It really is, but C4....man....it killed 3 of our team. And we weren't even close to each other lol.

How close is not even close? I've never gotten more than two people at once with C4. And I've been playing since the closed beta.

More often than not I find C4 not worth taking as using barbed-wire will generally give you a bigger advantage if placed properly. C4 is more like a short-range bomb that is highly situational to be effective as time-to-kill is so short that you can usually drop someone before they can throw and then detonate. Like most operators and defensive tools, a lot of things can be very situational. C4 is great if you have the element of surprise and you can get a good throw. Barbed-wire is great as it will let you significantly slow an attacker's progress, giving you the advantage if placed in a proper space(stairwells, doorways) letting you get some easy kills.

C4 is great, especially as a Pulse.
Tracked some people outside of a window down at the floor and I heard the rappels coming, tore down the barricade and threw out my C4 and took out 3 people.

But usually C4 ends with me hitting the trigger and nothing happening, because it got destroyed somehow.

Pulse is definitely the best with C4, his scanner really let's you plan if you're quick enough.

Animator

OK, but I was kinda getting at, that I have not seen the different times of day within a single mode. Like a couple maps I have only seen at night in the SP situations mode, and at day in regular MP. So are the different times locked to specific modes? I played for like 5-6 hours last night, and was getting the same times of day with every map it seemed.

I have played day/night version of all the maps in vs mp.

Grisby

Oh shit. Got a 34mb update on the X1 and for the first time ever, it correctly connected to the servers on the initial try.

Patch of the year peeps.

manhack

I've been working the past week but reading this thread makes me not wanna play lol. It seemed fine after that first patch but now it got worse? How sway. You don't have the answers sway.

The game itself is better after the patch. There are still matchmaking issues on PC and Console. For PC I only have issues when we are running in groups of 4 or 5. It seemed pretty good for me last night, though.

Okingjrr

So did the free weekend make you buy the game? :)

A friend of mine gave me code and we played all weekend, so much fun! We did have some bugs here and there but having someone to joke around with makes it manageable.
I bought it just now and will be playing some more.

hunchback

Do we have a XB1 group yet? I need to unlock more operators but would prefer to play with everyone here. I'm a disabled gamer and I always worry about holding the team back because I can't do things as fast as you guys and gals can.

The game itself is better after the patch. There are still matchmaking issues on PC and Console. For PC I only have issues when we are running in groups of 4 or 5. It seemed pretty good for me last night, though.

Matchmaking issues on PS4: Ranked matches and Terrorist Hunt
You can still find "casual" matches pretty quick (within seconds)
The servers though....very bad during the last 72 hours. I don't know why.

Do we have a XB1 group yet? I need to unlock more operators but would prefer to play with everyone here. I'm a disabled gamer and I always worry about holding the team back because I can't do things as fast as you guys and gals can.

OP has a spreadsheet. Check there for sure. I'd say as far as being disabled, map knowledge and smart play is rewarded more often than just twitch firing skills. Knowing when to prefire if you are sure of where someone is in a room. When to throw grenades, how to cause distractions, knowing your operators/teams strengths and weaknesses and definitely, absolutely map layouts and what is and isn't destructible and how to take advantage of it. Some floors you can't punch a hole through, but you can use an explosive to open sight lines from above/below to shoot through. Be prepared to lose and learn from your losses. It's a lot of fun, and a lot of GAF here have been pretty damn fun to play with.

Haven't had the pleasure of playing with any of you guys yet (on PS4). The game doesn't really seem to have any integrated friends list features, so I'd suggest joining the PSN community and opening up a party chat through it if you're playing and happy for people to hop in.

Grimsen

Matchmaking issues on PS4: Ranked matches and Terrorist Hunt
You can still find "casual" matches pretty quick (within seconds)
The servers though....very bad during the last 72 hours. I don't know why.

Must be related to the european server you connect to.

I've had great connections and hardly any disconnects since launch. I connect to the east-US server.

Tried my first hard T-hunt tonight. 4 randoms, 4 out of 5 with mics. Good communication. Had a blast.

This game is definitely in my top 10 this year. Possibly my top 5.

owlbeak

I suddenly have a little symbol by name at the top of the screen when I loaded in. Anyone know what it is?

I'll post a pic in a minute. It looks like a rank symbol, but I've never noticed it before.

Animator

I suddenly have a little symbol by name at the top of the screen when I loaded in. Anyone know what it is?

I'll post a pic in a minute. It looks like a rank symbol, but I've never noticed it before.

Yea it is your ranked games rank. They added it with the last patch.

This game is hard as hell for a new player. I played all the missions but I don't get all the abilities and I feel like an ass learning how it fucks up my teammates for the first time. But I'm learning... Teamkill today means no more of those mistakes...

GravyButt

To add to the c4 discussion it's definitely not op its just im seeing a lot of my teammates not using it properly. Or hell maybe im not even using it properly but ive gotten quite a few kills and quite a few multi kills with it so I like to think im using it effectively.

I personally find it most effective to hold onto it and wait for a shielded attacker to breach and enjoy the free kill (usually a multi kill) and even if you only get the shield attacker it usually is enough of a tactic changer that it totally messes up the attacking teams gameplan and you end up winning.

Oh and dont place it on barricades. Thats a no no. Ceilings are your friends :)

Also over I noticed an abundance of asshats Friday on ps4 playing like cod. Seriously why are you running into my current line of fire while I'm shooting then bitching me out when I down you turd?! Everyone sounded like a 12 year old too. Weird. Still loving this game though as those situations are so few and far between and about 90% of my encounters have been very mature or level headed people. Really digging the change of pace from the typical call of duty. Cant get enough.

Animator

There is nothing OP about the c4. It's blast radius is not that big and you are vulnerable for a good three-four seconds while throwing and detonating it.

Oh shit. Got a 34mb update on the X1 and for the first time ever, it correctly connected to the servers on the initial try.

Patch of the year peeps.

That it did but now my game keeps crashing often(X1 here) when matchmaking for some reason which is bumming me out, I must have crashed 6 times continuously whenever my buddies invited me to play so I just stopped and played something else.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Pretty sure there isn't a player on the planet with a worse W/L ratio than me.

I think in the last two weeks and ~25 games, I've maybe won... two? Maybe? I think I'm sitting at a .27 or something like that.

I don't think I'm terrible - I just don't mesh with the randoms I play with AT ALL.

Toward the beginning, when it first came out, I'd lead the scoreboard with five, six, seven or more kills in a match, but I didn't think that's why I won the game. Often times it's the friendly with a great enemy tag or perfect grenade placement or calling out positions or spectacular breach that was the catalyst for my kills.

So, whether my K/D is high or low, I don't really care. I'm not impressed by a high K/D. I'm impressed by spectacular teamwork and a match win. ... ... which is why I'm so disappointed in myself :(

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
For someone who loved the hell out of the SWAT games, would this scratch my itch?

It's definitely more fast paced than SWAT4, and a good bit less tactical/methodical. THAT SAID, it definitely scratches the itch - it's the closest I've played in, shit, at LEAST five or six years.

It's definitely more fast paced than SWAT4, and a good bit less tactical/methodical. THAT SAID, it definitely scratches the itch - it's the closest I've played in, shit, at LEAST five or six years.

Good enough! And, yea, SWAT 4 could be slow, but man was it the shit. Had so much fun with it years ago, with just a buddy and me, and a bunch of randoms. :)

BraXzy

How often does this do free weekends? I was hyped for it when it was announced but never picked it up. Would love to give it a go.

Sectus

For someone who loved the hell out of the SWAT games, would this scratch my itch?

SWAT 4 is one of my favourite shooters ever, and I'm having a blast with Siege. It is very different in some regards. For instance, it's faster paced, there's no non-lethal option, and oddly enough, there are no normal doors. But it feels as tactical and it has the shares the element of figuring out how to deal with enemies barricaded in a building. I'd say Siege is far better than SWAT 4 as a competitive title, but SWAT 4 is better as a singleplayer/coop title. Either way, I'd easily recommend it to anyone who liked SWAT 4.

Top Bottom