• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

nOoblet16

Really hate the plane level, feels so constructive in comparison to every other.

Every other map often offers a lot of freedom. On the plane level however, it often feels like it takes ages to reposition yourself, flank, and take another approach. I feel that it lacks a lot of the strategic depth that make other maps enjoyable.

Hate that map as it funnels you in many ways.

Plus the sniping spot from the outside that can cover an extremely large area inside the plane, and the defenders can do nothing about it apart from funneling themselves again into one corner of the map, since they cannot barricade plane windows.

You're inferring a pretty baseless correlation here. There are a myriad of confounds that might explain why it takes a while to find a match that would need to be eliminated before a small player base could be considered a reasonable suggestion. The most significant of those is that Ubisoft servers and matchmaking kinda' suck, so regardless of popularity, it would most likely still take quite a while to find a game.

Except it's not really baseless since it takes a lot less time to find games on PS4.
You have to realise this game bombed in UK (and I am in UK), it's a fact and we have numbers...so it's not surprising that PC has fewer players...which by extension means low sales.

Varth

Hate that map as it funnels you in many ways.

Plus the sniping spot from the outside that can cover an extremely large area inside the plane, and the defenders can do nothing about it apart from funneling themselves again into one corner of the map, since they cannot barricade plane windows.

Never understood the sniping part. What can you shoot through from the outside? Plane windows seemed to be impervious to bullets. You have to shoot through the hull?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
IQ's gadget sucks for anything outside of Hunt, and she is squishy, but her 552 might be my favorite weapon in the game. I like to use her but it's getting old listening to MLG man-babies cry in the lobby because we "need" some other operator they would've picked. Yeah maybe I would've choosen an op with an AR and more useful gadget, but everyone races to them in selection. That's fine, I purposefully wait so I don't have to hear someone cry about not having their preferred op. So I wait, and when they're done picking the "best", well it turns out I'd rather have a good primary than a mid-tier gadget. Afterall, it's just going to be a b-line to the objective anyway, no recon or planning phase. So when I'm inevitability stuck in a 3v1 or whatever when the dust settles... I'd rather have the 552 than some bullet-pissing smg.

This is with randoms of course. With gaffers, or even randoms that are team oriented (which does happen), I'll play whatever role is needed. Sure, I'll play Rook (even though I think his armor is useless) if that's what the team wants. But in twitchy pub-casual matches, I want a primary that I feel good with. And IQ has the best imo. Aside from Ash's.

I actually really enjoy the Airplane map, you're only feeling restricted or funneled through if you and your team aren't using the gadgets right. I tend to stick to Montagne and Blitz on that map anyhow.

Anyone down for Terrorist Hunt- Realistic this afternoon? I'm EST, in Michigan, so after 2pm on PS4.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Just to remind ps4 users, you can join the community to group up with people and play!

The easiest way to join the community is to send me a friend invite and ask but you can also try this process detailed below to find the community yourself. It does not require direct invites so hopefully you can find it.
http://imgur.com/a/0Bxdq

You can also search for my profile on ps4 then look ay my joined communities and join that way! My PSN is thetrinidad
PS4 players! Join us in the fight against terror!!

The community keeps getting bigger for us! Good stuff!!

Klyka

Banned
For the people who asked about doors, the developers had said in an early interview that they decided to leave doors out cause they had the barricade system in place and it basically made doors kinda useless cause you'd barricade them anyway and then the attackers would breach/break them and there was no need for a door to begin with.

So they basically said they let go of the realism of having doors in favor of the barricdes.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
It never even stood out to me that there are no doors in the game. It's just one of those game design conventions you suspend your disbelief for.

Guess people figured out an easy way to exploit the plane level by just standing outside as soon as the round starts, getting insta-killed while playing attack unless I have a shield...Back to ranked I guess.

Guess people figured out an easy way to exploit the plane level by just standing outside as soon as the round starts, getting insta-killed while playing attack unless I have a shield...Back to ranked I guess.

I'm confused, how is that an exploit? That just sounds like foolishness and a waste of time. Or am I misreading?

I'm confused, how is that an exploit? That just sounds like foolishness and a waste of time. Or am I misreading?

Fine wrong choice of words, either way they can all just point their guns outside as soon as your engagement starts and pretty much instantly drop your team, unless you have shields. They should add spawn choice in casual I think..

I just sold this game. Server issues (Ubi doesn't fix it, it gets worse) and bad server connections (high pings, rubberbanding, disconnects) are killing this game on PS4. After AC Unity and this game I'll never buy an Ubisoft game on Day1 again.

Hey, so I played the beta and somewhat enjoyed it (didn't like how long the start up took, and felt that the maps forced confrontation too quickly).

How is the game doing now? Any major patches from beta? How about map design and modes? Is there any mode that doesn't have one team holed up in the house?

Klyka

Banned

What he means is that they immediately go to the doors that lead outside and once the round starts break through and shoot the attackers.

I got killed like that once, but I don't really see it happen often at all.

SomTervo

Hey, so I played the beta and somewhat enjoyed it (didn't like how long the start up took, and felt that the maps forced confrontation too quickly).

How is the game doing now? Any major patches from beta? How about map design and modes? Is there any mode that doesn't have one team holed up in the house?

Depends what platform.

On PC, everything has been hunky dory since Day One for me. Literally every issue from the Beta was gone. More content. More modes. All seriously fun. Everything great.

It sounds like PS4 and XBO started off the same but their server code has become progressively worse in recent weeks, almost back to the levels of the Beta.

zTZSTOJ.png

Found on reddit.

IQ's gadget sucks for anything outside of Hunt, and she is squishy, but her 552 might be my favorite weapon in the game. I like to use her but it's getting old listening to MLG man-babies cry in the lobby because we "need" some other operator they would've picked. Yeah maybe I would've choosen an op with an AR and more useful gadget, but everyone races to them in selection. That's fine, I purposefully wait so I don't have to hear someone cry about not having their preferred op. So I wait, and when they're done picking the "best", well it turns out I'd rather have a good primary than a mid-tier gadget. Afterall, it's just going to be a b-line to the objective anyway, no recon or planning phase. So when I'm inevitability stuck in a 3v1 or whatever when the dust settles... I'd rather have the 552 than some bullet-pissing smg.

This is with randoms of course. With gaffers, or even randoms that are team oriented (which does happen), I'll play whatever role is needed. Sure, I'll play Rook (even though I think his armor is useless) if that's what the team wants. But in twitchy pub-casual matches, I want a primary that I feel good with. And IQ has the best imo. Aside from Ash's.

Respect.
i love iq's 552.
And outside of ranked i play who i like and dont let anyone try to tell me otherwise.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Playing the objective is often the quickest way to win, so I play the objective.

Can't say the same for the rest of my team, though...

It's always fun to distract a team dead set on playing it like a TDM game, run in, grab the hostage, and run out while they're still busy concentrating on getting their KDR up.

Had a lot of that during the free weekend, but the playerbase that's actually bought the game seem to understand the objective is king.

Animator

Really hate the plane level, feels so constructive in comparison to every other.

Every other map often offers a lot of freedom. On the plane level however, it often feels like it takes ages to reposition yourself, flank, and take another approach. I feel that it lacks a lot of the strategic depth that make other maps enjoyable.

You're inferring a pretty baseless correlation here. There are a myriad of confounds that might explain why it takes a while to find a match that would need to be eliminated before a small player base could be considered a reasonable suggestion. The most significant of those is that Ubisoft servers and matchmaking kinda' suck, so regardless of popularity, it would most likely still take quite a while to find a game.

I disagree. Plane has just as many approaches as the other maps. There are a lot of breach/flank options most people don't use for whatever reason. It is one of my favorite maps in the game.

GravyButt

I got hit by a Kapkan trap today. I feel so dirty and disrespected! The enemy all ran outside so it was chaotic and the trap was just so random. I loved it. I even sent the guy a complimentary psn message and he loved it. Said that was the first non hate message he got! Guy was a beast with Kapkans shotgun too. Took out our team almost every round by himself.

I started off really bad this afternoon but after a few matches things started to click. Really liking Jaeger. Any tips for where to place his trophy systems? As of now im trying to place them on castles walls as a priority. Im also assuming you can only place them on barricades?

I got hit by a Kapkan trap today. I feel so dirty and disrespected! The enemy all ran outside so it was chaotic and the trap was just so random. I loved it. I even sent the guy a complimentary psn message and he loved it. Said that was the first non hate message he got! Guy was a beast with Kapkans shotgun too. Took out our team almost every round by himself.

I started off really bad this afternoon but after a few matches things started to click. Really liking Jaeger. Any tips for where to place his trophy systems? As of now im trying to place them on castles walls as a priority. Im also assuming you can only place them on barricades?

You can place them on almost any flat surface: Reinforced wall, Barricades, Fridge, TV, the Metal windows, table, floor, regular walls. Just coordinate with Bandit so you don't put it on a wall that's also shocked, 'cause it'll destroy your trophy system. Same thing with a regular wall, if you put it up and then someone reinforces the wall it will also destroy your gadget.

GravyButt

You can place them on almost any flat surface: Reinforced wall, Barricades, Fridge, TV, the Metal windows, table, floor, regular walls. Just coordinate with Bandit so you don't put it on a wall that's also shocked, 'cause it'll destroy your trophy system. Same thing with a regular wall, if you put it up and then someone reinforces the wall it will also destroy your gadget.
Alright. I tried to place it on the floor but it wouldnt let me put it down? Figured it was wasn't possible. Thanks!

Also if someone wants to add me to the spreadsheet its PSN - Kevbo887 (region is US East Coast) for some reason my phone tweaks trying to do anything with it and I dont want to jack it up.

Alright. I tried to place it on the floor but it wouldnt let me put it down? Figured it was wasn't possible. Thanks!

You probably have to crouch, same thing goes for placing a breach charge on wooden floor to get a good line of sight. (For example: right above the bar in the chalet or right above the inventory room with the secure point on the main floor in the bank where people hide behind the shelves.)

GravyButt

You probably have to crouch, same thing goes for placing a breach charge on wooden floor to get a good line of sight. (For example: right above the bar in the chalet or right above the inventory room with the secure point on the main floor in the bank where people hide behind the shelves.)
D'oh. Yea didn't even attempt to do that as I was in a frantict rush :-D already though ive stopped a bunch of grenades and fuze charges which is pretty neat plus his rifle is nice. I hear his shotty is also good too?

Farsi

I bought it a week ago on PSN didn't touch it until last night. I joined a crew with mics(I didn't have one) and even though I sucked ass it was so fun that 5 hours went by and it felt like nothing. Every kill felt extremely rewarding and important since everyone is trying to be sneaky as heck.

Ubisoft has something special in this game for sure.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Just had an amazing round, I wish I'd captured it. I was the last defender alive against 3 enemies. This was on the bank level, Hostage as objective. I'm a room or two outside of the hostage room, as I was roaming. I shoot one of the attackers who's near the hostage, then bolt as his buddy starts shooting at me. Two guys left alive, one of them grabs the hostage and runs away, I don't know in which direction. So I sprint, I'm just going, I don't even know where. Then I see the hostage is wounded - turns out Glaz with hostage in tow fell off the building, so I follow them, jump off the roof and kill Glaz just as he finished reviving the Hostage. Problem is, I'm now outside, and so is the hostage, so I can't leave. Twitch is still alive and hunting me down, knowing exactly where I am. So I run around outside while one of my teammates marks Twitch on the camera, I know where she's coming from - same direction I came from. I sit behind a cop car, twitch jumps off the roof to where the hostage is, and I score a headshot on her while she's in mid-air.

It was awesome. This game is awesome.

nOoblet16

I don't care if IQ has shit abilities but she has the best primary by far...with ACOG you can even do long range with high damage. Although medium range combat suffers due to high zoom.

GravyButt

Man Jaeger maybe my favorite defender so far. The amount of grenades ive destroyed so far is awesome. Just seems like an awesome asset to any team.

I also discovered today that basically camping castles barricades as a defender usually nets you a down or a kill almost every round with someone trying to breach it or fuze charge it. Feet shots hurt. Not sure why it took me so long to figure this one out haha

they need to have it so that you're never defending the same room twice in a round--got stuck defending the train room in the russian cafe all three rounds against a stacked team

nOoblet16

Jaeger is absolutely essential for Bomb mode because of how crazy Fuze goes with the cluster charges...especially when your team decides to hole up in the most obvious spot in the Bomb room.

And how is it that the cluster bomb always ends up finding it's way in the one opening that I have while I corner byself with cover from almost all side? :p

nOoblet16

This is indeed a genuinely good game and probably would be my favourite shooter so far this year above even Halo 5 if the game had separate mic only lobbies or atleast preferences. I mean come on why would you not use a mic if you are playing this game ? It's just less fun.

The odd few times I run into mic users they either have some trashy song playing in the background or they keep the mic on but only for the entire team to end up hearing the conversation the guy on the other side is having with whoever is in the room with him....just turn that shit off when you aren't using it ! I don't need to listen to unnecessary stuff when I am playing this game since I am trying to hear footsteps.

Also this isn't a $60 game, more like $40 given the content and game modes. Yes there will be free maps in the future but they are making that money off microtransactions anyway.

Mentok

Banned
Man Jaeger maybe my favorite defender so far. The amount of grenades ive destroyed so far is awesome. Just seems like an awesome asset to any team.

I also discovered today that basically camping castles barricades as a defender usually nets you a down or a kill almost every round with someone trying to breach it or fuze charge it. Feet shots hurt. Not sure why it took me so long to figure this one out haha

Yeah I LOVE Jager. His ability comes in handy more often than not and his AR is a beast with litle recoil. I usually alter between Jager and Bandit when defending.

GravyButt

Yeah I LOVE Jager. His ability comes in handy more often than not and his AR is a beast with litle recoil. I usually alter between Jager and Bandit when defending.
Ive yet to unlock him but I think hes my next defender Ill get. I should probably unlock a shield attacker but im horrible with a pistol and leading a charge scurs me because I dont know the maps well.

Top Bottom