• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

iMax

How is this game solo with randoms? I'm really tempted to buy it but have no one to play with on PC. I have a mic so I would be able to communicate but I'm nervous that the game relies on having other people. I also live in Alaska so I need dedicated servers which I think this game has.

Depends who you find. I sometimes meet people that get upset I don't have a mic and then execute me as "punishment". There are some real dicks out there.

How is this game solo with randoms? I'm really tempted to buy it but have no one to play with on PC. I have a mic so I would be able to communicate but I'm nervous that the game relies on having other people. I also live in Alaska so I need dedicated servers which I think this game has.

Before this came out I had 3 people on my Uplay friends list. I now have close to 30. Some from random games, most from here on GAF. You won't play alone. Teamwork is more important in this than pretty much any shooter I've played. You having a mic and a will to use it, will put you ahead of the curve.

Jarrod38

Played a few hours last night with randoms and we dominated the other teams. Then when those randoms left I got the CoD players on my team.

GravyButt

Evidently some kid on ps4 didn't like us asking him to turn off his blaring rap music and decided to wait for the tie breaking match to shoot us all in the face with his shotty. Seriously kid? I don't understand some people sometimes. We couldn't even communicate because all you could hear was little wayne or little john or little somebody at 500 million decibels. (Is there a way to mute a mother fucker?!?! Or am I missing the obvious?)

nOoblet16

Evidently some kid on ps4 didn't like us asking him to turn off his blaring rap music and decided to wait for the tie breaking match to shoot us all in the face with his shotty. Seriously kid? I don't understand some people sometimes. We couldn't even communicate because all you could hear was little wayne or little john or little somebody at 500 million decibels. (Is there a way to mute a mother fucker?!?! Or am I missing the obvious?)
Easy you just go to scoreboard and select the person by pressing X and you get an option to mute.

People who have music playing in the background or people who are busy talking to their people who are with them in their room get a mute from me. As that's a lot of background noise which makes it impossible to hear anything in a game where you need to be perfectly still to locate an enemy via sound.

Use the touchpad to open up the scoreboard, use dpad to choose player and mute/kick

LAM09

You can mute players if you check the score and select the player you wish to mute

We couldn't even communicate because all you could hear was little wayne or little john or little somebody at 500 million decibels. (Is there a way to mute a mother fucker?!?! Or am I missing the obvious?)

deNe38c.gif

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I don't know if it's just people's mic (since none of my existing PSN friends play this game) but the ingame quality of voice chat has been pretty shit and low quality. The voice is very "thick" and not crisp.

This is on PS4
I agree actually. It sounds better in party chat for sure.

Woo-Fu

Banned
How is this game solo with randoms?

I think it is fine as long as you're casual about casual queue. Sometimes failure is more entertaining than success. Added a bunch of people to my uplay friends list just over the free weekend.

GravyButt

Ahhh very nice thank you! Can't believe I missed something so obvious its just I get so into the game once it gets going I dont stop to think sometimes!!

Gibbo

Think blitz might be my favourite character so far. Was the last serving member on my team during bomb disarms (TH on hard) many times who went on to win the match for my team.

I feel awfully dirty for using the shield flash sometimes

I have had some really awesome teams playing with randoms. However, I have had some really horrible teams too. Overall, the experience has been fun.

Foffy

Banned
Does Ubisoft have any plan on adding more single player jazz? I know this is mostly a multiplayer game, but like Ghost Recon Phantoms, I find it simply a hard sell to cave for this, especially considering this one costs money. None of my friends care for the Tom Clancy brand after it was tarnished halfway through the last generation, so I'd just be assured to be playing by myself. :(

Animator

Does Ubisoft have any plan on adding more single player jazz? I know this is mostly a multiplayer game, but like Ghost Recon Phantoms, I find it simply a hard sell to cave for this, especially considering this one costs money. None of my friends care for the Tom Clancy brand after it was tarnished halfway through the last generation, so I'd just be assured to be playing by myself. :(

Nope all future content is MP. I guess maps are going to be available for t-hunt as well.

Gonna jump on PC if any of you Rainbow's wanna play. You know who you are. What Discord is everyone on? The link from the last page is dead.

nOoblet16

Almost ended up winning a 1 vs 4 situation.

Killed 1st guy from the roof through a trap door, moved and rappled upside down to a window then planted a cluster charge that I used to kill 2nd dude while I shoot the 3rd from the other window to the side of the one I planted charge at.

Got down to 1 vs 1 and got killed because of being slightly late to pull the trigger (since I had 200+ ms lag). But it felt good

Will get it on YouTube tomorrow morning.

Drewfonse

Yeah this game has me firmly in its clutches. Every free moment that I get, I'm playing this. You would think that it would get old, but every single match plays out differently. It's really remarkable.

GravyButt

Yeah this game has me firmly in its clutches. Every free moment that I get, I'm playing this. You would think that it would get old, but every single match plays out differently. It's really remarkable.
Im the same way. I got fallout 4 sitting here half finished and I absolutely adore that game. But man, war certainly changes in this game!!

Yup I don't have much free time anymore but when I do it's all going towards this

Just picked this up. Played some tutorial missions and had to go. Loving it.

PS4 peeps feel free to add me. Would love to play with some of y'all. Going to be pretty much playing with ransoms otherwise.

PSN: CarlosVato

Just picked this up. Played some tutorial missions and had to go. Loving it.

PS4 peeps feel free to add me. Would love to play with some of y'all. Going to be pretty much playing with ransoms otherwise.

PSN: CarlosVato

Oh shit its faintcolt!!! What happened to your xbox account? Hahahahhahahaha that shit was hilarious

I've really enjoyed my time with the game, but now I am starting to get the same feeling as Titanfall... it's a fantastic game but it just doesn't get me coming back now that it's been a couple of weeks.

Unless I get a squad going, I don't feel the urge to launch it.

Again, pretty great game, but it's almost sad to me that I don't want to play it more often.

Animator

I've really enjoyed my time with the game, but now I am starting to get the same feeling as Titanfall... it's a fantastic game but it just doesn't get me coming back now that it's been a couple of weeks.

Unless I get a squad going, I don't feel the urge to launch it.

Again, pretty great game, but it's almost sad to me that I don't want to play it more often.

Well squad up with people then. I don't think I will ever play/enjoy this solo. We have a great core group of people on pc/discord that are not going to stop playing anytime soon.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Going from a Flawless win to a Total defeat is the most crushing feeling

nOoblet16

I always get a tad nervous when someone picks Fuse for a hostage rescue mission. Then when you hear that telltale popping noise...
I go exclusively out of my way to have minimal defense and fortifications against grenades and charges in hostage mode. Give the enemy team every chance at killing the hostage.

I even set up shield in front of hostage and hide behind him so that the enemy may mistake the hostage for a player and shoot. No regrets !

MAX PAYMENT

Just played 2 rounds where a teammate killed all of us and then tea bagged us and half revived us over and over until we finally bled out.

I go exclusively out of my way to have minimal defense and fortifications against grenades and charges in hostage mode. Give the enemy team every chance at killing the hostage.

I even set up shield in front of hostage and hide behind him so that the enemy may mistake the hostage for a player and shoot. No regrets !

Devious as fuck... I like it!

I have this on both the Xbox one and PC. On Xbox I play with a group of 5 people including myself and it has been the most fun I've had in a game in ages. Sledge and Thermite are my favorites on offense and Jäger and Castle are my favorites on defense. Bravo to Ubisoft for making this game fantastic.

Top Bottom