• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Just played 2 rounds where a teammate killed all of us and then tea bagged us and half revived us over and over until we finally bled out.

Yeah, this is what frustrates me so much.

So many douchebags playing.

Why can't people just play a game the right way? What's the point of being a douche?

I wish those people would get banned.

Jarrod38

Had a troll on my team last night he had the bomb and never tried to arm the bomb to win the game. The room was clear looked at the bomb and then just left the room.

Also found a sweet spot on house to overlook the front entrance. It's the ledge above the door you can get on.

nOoblet16

I have this on both the Xbox one and PC. On Xbox I play with a group of 5 people including myself and it has been the most fun I've had in a game in ages. Sledge and Thermite are my favorites on offense and Jäger and Castle are my favorites on defense. Bravo to Ubisoft for making this game fantastic.
Yea it's fantastic indeed. A shame that it doesnt look like this sold well so far and for some reason doesn't interest people even the ones who are into team based gameplay. There's something off putting about this game that is making people apprehensive of buying it at full price or even at a slightly discounted price.

Maybe if it had one or two different game modes and a few more maps seeing how the Multiplayer is all there is to it. Demolition mode from COD (Both teams have bombs/defuser and the one who plants first has to defend it. It's also make for a change in attack defend ganeplay as both teams can now attavk or defend..which means a mix of operators so it could haven been interesting to see it being implemented.)

I also wish the social features were a bit more extensive, for instance the ingame invite system is a bit janky as it pulls up the PlayStation friendlist and you have to scroll through all your friends to find the ones playing the game instead of an ingame friendlist that just consists of people playing the game. Also mic exclusive lobbies would have been nice.

Drewfonse

You can't single handedly kick someone. And it seems no one knows how to vote to kick.

I shoot the fuck out of people as soon as they team kill. They're usually stupid and do it during the prep phase when it is more obvious. If they wait until the game proper starts....it's tougher to catch.

I've seen people get enraged during prep on defend because they were mistakenly shot by a teammate who was aiming at a drone. Team kill revenge ensues.

nOoblet16

I shoot the fuck out of people as soon as they team kill. They're usually stupid and do it during the prep phase when it is more obvious. If they wait until the game proper starts....it's tougher to catch.

I've seen people get enraged during prep on defend because they were mistakenly shot by a teammate who was aiming at a drone. Team kill revenge ensues.
Just played a game where every round the other team would team kill and end up 3 man down.

I mean it's useless if you are doing it to take revenge. But if it's just trolling then you should be kicked. Game should give more time than 30 secs to vote considering you can ONLY vote when the round is on...when most people are busy with game.

Game should also tell you how to vote as in "vote from the scoreboard" etc.

I swear a good nitro charge can turn the game around completely. Wish smoke had similar usage but it's quite difficult to get a kill with smoke. And more often than not you end up hurting your teammates.

But even if you don't kill them you can do serious damage which helps the team. Also remember it's supposed to be a defensive weapon, albeit used offensively. So the main purpose is to push them back or close entrances temporarily.

iMax

When you get "You've been spotted" on the screen, is that when somebody else sees you on their camera or when they physically hit Y to scan one in?

nOoblet16

When you get "You've been spotted" on the screen, is that when somebody else sees you on their camera or when they physically hit Y to scan one in?
when they press Y/triangle.

This is why if you've got a drone in the objective room you should not use it and should rather verbally tell where the enemies are...or if you can't then wait till near the end of the round to tag.

iMax

when they press Y/triangle.

This is why if you've got a drone in the objective room you should not use it and should rather verbally tell where the enemies are...or if you can't then wait till near the end of the round to tag.

Yeah that's what I figured, thanks for confirming. Certainly if you're on the mic then it's better to just call out positions!

keenerz

man the matchmaking time for ranked has gone up like crazy. And now I'm getting in groups of really crappy/annoying people.

So this is on sale now on steam for 44 bucks. Worth it?

Everyone in here is digging it. Free maps throughout the year.

I am almost considering rebuying it for PS4 even though I have it on Xbox One. I assume the player base will last longer on PS4. Don't know if I will though.

It's 25% on PS4 right now as well.

beastlove

Got this game based on this thread and absolutely love it. It is really different to anything else on the market. It can be super tense at times. A few more maps wouldn't go a miss but overall it is excellent

nOoblet16

Everyone in here is digging it. Free maps throughout the year.

I am almost considering rebuying it for PS4 even though I have it on Xbox One. I assume the player base will last longer on PS4. Don't know if I will though.

It's 25% on PS4 right now as well.
Shit I only had to wait 2 days before double dipping on PS4. Had it on PC previously.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Just quit a game where I was literally the last person in my team and I still got a matchmaking cooldown

Like, this shit has been figured out by games using competitive matchmaking (ie DOTA 2) for years. Get your basic-ass shit together Ubi

keenerz

Just quit a game where I was literally the last person in my team and I still got a matchmaking cooldown

Like, this shit has been figured out by games using competitive matchmaking (ie DOTA 2) for years. Get your basic-ass shit together Ubi

yeah wait till you get it for getting a disconnection from ubis servers, that's always a blast.

Jarrod38

Getting really tired of people leaving if they don't get their class or die. Another thing I'm seeing more now are vote kicks if you kill someone. Ubisoft needs to fix that.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Teabagging is juvenile, but it doesn't really bother me usually. To see it this much in a Rainbow though.

I miss the olden days of Rainbow and Recon communities. Really do. The more this game gets popular, the more I'm encountering the toxic avengers.

KodaRuss

Finally got a chance to finish the Situations and they laid a pretty decent ground work for some sort of campaign on the College Campus deal. Kinda wish they would have added something like that in so it wouldnt be so overlooked by a lot of people.

Anyone going to try to get some games in tonight but I have family duties that obviously take precedense.

deoee

Have the feeling today the netcodes is shitty again...
wtzgU.gif

autoduelist

So. This is on Flash sale for PS4 for $45. I have a 10% coupon, so it would be $40.50.

Can someone sell me on this? It's quite a bit of money for me, so it's hard to pull the trigger. Digital doesn't bother me because it's MP and if I end up loving it, I'd rather it always be accessible.

MP games I love:

currently addicted to TLOUR MP survivor mode. 1 life per round, mic'd up with buds.

used to play: Socom, CSGO. 1 life per round, etc.

and the odd man out, Battlefield BC2, squad based.

I played a tiny, tiny bit of the beta, but at the time everyone was new and floundering about. So what I want to know -- are people mic'd up on ps4? Is there tactical coordination? Ie, are people getting to the point where assaults/breaching are coordinated at all? Or is it more every man for himself?

Or, if someone with similar tastes to mine could chime in.... again, $40 is a bit much for me right now after buying gifts for the family kicked me in the wallet, but if the game is 'perfect for me', I'll scrounge the couch.

It's so weird how the game is now and what is was during alpha/beta/first two weeks of launch. I thought any trolls would be there when the beta was open and in the first 2 weeks of the game, then get bored and move on to the next new game. But oddly, it's been the opposite. First two weeks, for me at least on PS4, was amazing. People with mics everyone, learning the game, no music, singing or cursing, everyone helping everyone, no one flipping out at mistakes, etc. One of the best online casual experiences in any game. Until...

Last few times Ive tried solo'ing in casual, it's just been pure awfulness. Team killing, music in the background and singing and slurs everywhere, killing the hostages, everyone yelling at everyone, etc. The fact that the two groups that would invite me all the time slowed down playing it, I actually went from "this is my GOTY" to not playing it at all in the past week from burnout.

So. This is on Flash sale for PS4 for $45. I have a 10% coupon, so it would be $40.50.

Can someone sell me on this? It's quite a bit of money for me, so it's hard to pull the trigger. Digital doesn't bother me because it's MP and if I end up loving it, I'd rather it always be accessible.

MP games I love:

currently addicted to TLOUR MP survivor mode. 1 life per round, mic'd up with buds.

I played a tiny, tiny bit of the beta, but at the time everyone was new and floundering about. So what I want to know -- are people mic'd up on ps4? Is there tactical coordination? Ie, are people getting to the point where assaults/breaching are coordinated at all? Or is it more every man for himself?

Or, if someone with similar tastes to mine could chime in.... again, $40 is a bit much for me right now after buying gifts for the family kicked me in the wallet, but if the game is 'perfect for me', I'll scrounge the couch.

It sounds to me from your tastes that you would love it, TLOU, Socom, CSGO, definitely tactical and right up your alley.

manhack

The fact that the two groups that would invite me all the time slowed down playing it, I actually went from "this is my GOTY" to not playing it at all in the past week from burnout.

Have you tried adding all the folks in GAF to your friends list? On the PC side we have been getting more people every night no discord rather than less. 2 full groups during prime time most nights. https://discord.gg/0g3xFvOWXdj3ECIl

As for PS4 seems like a lot of folks here and there are some PS4 communities within the PS4 dashboard that are dedicated to grouping I have seen.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

MP games I love:

Yeah as a formerly huge CSGO guy this game is dominating my life rn. It's just so good and tense and when a team clicks it's 11/10

Lot of clan stacks seal-clubbing in casual instead of going to ranked, seems kind of pathetic. :)

With the way disconnects are happening, I'm not surprised in the slightest. I'm level 50 and still only play casual as I get disconnected randomly and don't want to be "banned for 10 mins" or whatever because of that. Place the blame on Ubi.

manhack

Oops should have said killing the enemy. For example last night on the bank map I was a defending and lucky me I found the door the attackers came through killed two and then saw two votes to kick me.

The enemy team can't initiate or participate in vote kick

Top Bottom