• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
So how are y'all enjoying the game?
Is the Gold ed. worth 50€ in your opinion, maybe start of with the normal ed.?
(PC)
Id start with the regular edition until they release the first new operators to see if the in game method of unlocking is something that requires tons of points

E-flux

Id start with the regular edition until they release the first new operators to see if the in game method of unlocking is something that requires tons of points

They have stated that the new operators can be bought with in-game credits or with money. If i remember correctly Renown needed for those will be somewhere around 20000 renown.

Drewfonse

Yeah, I don't think I'll be window breaching and peeking as an attacker during the day time cycle of maps. I can't freaking see inside well enough.

Klyka

Banned
Really? That's great to hear!

As far as I am aware, all future CONTENT except some cosmetic skins will be available for free. You can unlock all operators for renown and all maps + gamemodes are free as well.

The "season pass" for this game is less a traditional season pass and more a "yo,get some extra stuff and have the operators a week early" thing.

Feel free to add me on PC btw people, my Uplay name is "Klyka"

Played from 10pm to 4am last night with my friends and brothers. So fucking awesome. And I'm already up wanting to play more. I haven't been this hooked since SOCOM on ps2.

People are getting better at stopping drones so you don't always find the objective.

The game is also less about finding the objective and more about navigating the maze of defenses the defenders have set up to stop you.

A constantly changing maze at that.

I like the idea of navigating like that. I just find that it was often the case that you knew where the objective was and everyone zeroed in on it

I prefer it if only one person had a drone if anything.

What are the other modes like btw?

Klyka

Banned
How do you bros deal with riot shields?

Throw a C4 at them, flank them, keep their attention for a friend to flank them or rush them and melee their shield away and then kill them

Btw guys I just found this old footage of the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiDtnePSBdU

Like wow, this has changed quite a bit huh? Really interesting to see how it was over a year ago though

I like the idea of navigating like that. I just find that it was often the case that you knew where the objective was and everyone zeroed in on it

I prefer it if only one person had a drone if anything.

What are the other modes like btw?

Well the thing is, people zero in on it,yes, but the defenders are free to be wherever they want.
I have seen many MANY ambushes and flanks from defenders that completely obliterated the attackers.
Believe me,it's not nearly as static as you might think.

Well there are the single player "situations" which are you fighting through each map against AI with a different objective.

Then there is "Terrorist Hunt" which is you and up to 4 people against AI Terrorists. Basically defusing bombs and such.

And then the normal PVP mode which is under the overall "Team Deathmatch" gamemode and then the three underlying sub-modes you play are "Hostage" "Bomb" and "Secure area".
Now "Team Deathmatch" as the overall gamemode just means that if you manage to kill the entire enemy team, you win without fulfilling the objective. Same if your team dies of course.
The only mode where this is a bit changed up is "Bomb" because if the defuser is set down and defusing the bomb, even if all attackers die,you still need to destroy the defuser. So basically like the bomb in Counter-Strike.

Animator

So how are y'all enjoying the game?
Is the Gold ed. worth 50€ in your opinion, maybe start of with the normal ed.?
(PC)

Its the best mp game I have ever played in the last five years. Also just get a cheap uplay key from cdkeys or gmg.

I ended up spending more money on this game than I did on any other game and I don't regret it. Bought the season pass and probably $40 worth of in game currency to buy skins on top of that. :)

Klyka

Banned
Wow that was some sad footage. Why the hell did they dial down the destruction and visuals to the degree they have at launch?

I also loved the old barricades with the orange net on them.

I know they stopped you being able to breach every floor as a proper hole for balance reasons. You can still breach many floors and shoot through, but not jump through anymore.

The rest might just be general change of direction or optimization, especially for the consoles.

Melee the shield was the tip I was looking for. I dunno why I didn't try that!

Oh sorry and I totally forgot, you can also shoot the hand that is holding the gun and pokes out or shoot their feet/legs. Just be aware that doesn't do huge amounts of damage so you won't drop them easily and they might get a lucky headshot on you.

Here is my preferred way of dealing them with (and also how I most often die as a shield myself)

https://youtu.be/upYT-UoTS6c?t=92

Erban1

If you get caught without any explosives if you can melee them you'll bat the shield away and can get some shots in, otherwise you'll have to flank or elevate yourself high enough that you can angle a headshot over the top of the shield.

Keihart

Yesterday i was testing stuff out with some friends on a custom game...
And we discovered that the rappel entrance animation can kill.
Pretty cool, even if not that useful since the entrance animation is pretty slow and you can get shot.
Also, deployable shields+generators+barbed wire are a really amazing combo in some maps.

nOoblet16

Grenades and nitro charge works well, so does smoke.

One thing you have to realise is that they can't shoot you with the shield up. Well they technically can but it is so inaccurate that they have to be be extremely close and they'll still miss. Which means you keep your distance and just wait for then to take their shield downninnorder to aim.

Apart from that if you can manage even a slight angle on them you should see an opening that you can shoot.

arimanius

Just picked this up on with the PSN sale. Looking forward to jumping in since I loved the past Rainbow six games.

I'll need some people to play with so feel free to send me a friends request letting me know you're from Gaf. PSN: Angra_Mainya

Simo

A well place head shot or like others have said C4 or have a buddy attack to draw his attention and then flank him.

Another cool trick is to use a deployable shield and laser trip mine in a door way, that way the only way they can get in is to vault over the shield and they'll land on the trip mine. lol

I am up on PS4 now if anyone wants to form up.

PSN id same as GAF
Hey saw your invite pop up on my phone, sorry currently away from ps4 due to christmas family stuff. Must have left it on accident :/ But I will def be down to play tomorrow or later tonight whenever I get back.

Gotta stick with ranked now that the xmas kiddies are playing the game..Completely trash, I carried a group, thank god they killed the hostage on our last round.

autoduelist

Ran into my first legitimate wallhacker, this game, I really wish they had a way to report people or something. I dont know what Ubisoft is doing but it kind of took the winds out of my sails on wanting to play today. Also I've been pretty apt to not call people hackers unless I see it with my own eyes.

Like the guy had literally known exactly where I was on the floor below I wasnt even spotted nor had remained in the same place. shot me right throught the floor without any kind of hole to aim through or nothing. Then exactly knows where all my team mates are without checking corners, also wasnt pulse, It was literally unbelievable.

As someone else mentioned, unless you see repeat behavior it's -really- hard to know. Sometimes people get lucky. Sometimes people have skill, or good communication, or just extreme knowledge of maps/etc.

For example, in BFBC2 I used to sometimes put c4 in places I knew snipers liked to camp. A teammate would call out 'sniper', and I'd blow them them up and we'd all crack up. It would be easy for someone to wonder how I could just insta-kill them from across the map, but a combination of map knowledge, planning, and communication explained it away.

And let's not even get into how anyone doing well in CS gets accused of cheating all the time. I'm not saying you weren't wall hacked; sure, it's possible... but my guess is it was a combination of skill and your bad luck.

Low level is interesting, though I know a guy who played the beta pretty much constantly and just picked up the game recently... so he's far better than most. Same on TLOUR -- people are just getting ps4s and transferring from ps3 so there is an influx of very skilled level 0s.

Grisby

Got this for christmas... any tips for a newbie?
1) Listen to your surroundings. You can hear if an enemy is upstairs or right outside the door.
2) Don't use Fuze's special ability in hostage situations.
3) You can lean on console by clicking in the stick on the controller.
4) Take your time.
5) Because you die very, very easily.
6) Doing the standard teabag animation will signal to your teammates that you are ready to mate.

I just realized this game is essentially Home Alone.

When you get caught in one of Kapkan's trap:

home-alone-fire.jpg

Got this for christmas... any tips for a newbie?

1. Crouch walk. You should never be walking upright or sprinting unless you absolutely want to let everyone know exactly where you are.
  2. Going prone is a good way to get shot through walls. Your feet love clipping through, and the hitbox extends through the wall for some godawful reason. Basically, don't go prone unless you know you're safe; you'll die less.
  3. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, CHECK YOUR CORNERS BY LEANING AROUND THEM, AND DON'T EXPOSE YOUR ENTIRE BODY.
  4. As Attackers, at the start of the round, place your drone near the objective, but don't try to investigate it immediately; the enemy is less likely to be looking for drones if you confirm its location seconds after the attack begins.
  5. Also, as Attackers, learn where cameras are. You should have someone ready to shoot out the outside camera at your spawn the moment you begin. Cams being used have a faint red glow, so make note of that.
  6. Remember that you can destroy the floor and peer through, even if the trapdoor has been barricaded by the Defending team. Those same floors tend to be pretty easy to shoot through with high-caliber firearms, too. Speaking of which...
  7. Glaz is the only Operator whose weapon can penetrate Castle's barricades. If you've got a clear shot, take it.
  8. As Defenders, don't ever reinforce the walls between the bombs. And if you have an idiot on your team who does, let them know that they're a stupid idiot. Idiot.
  9. Nitro cells (C4) should be used like in Black Ops 2. In other words, throw and detonate ASAP. If you leave them up, they bleep and let enemies know where they are. Thatcher's EMPs dispose of them easily, too.
  10. As Attackers on Hostage rescue, don't pick Fuze, and don't let anyone else pick Fuze. Trust me on this one; his weapons are good, but one cluster charge gone wrong, and you've flubbed the round.

Top Bottom