• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

With the way disconnects are happening, I'm not surprised in the slightest. I'm level 50 and still only play casual as I get disconnected randomly and don't want to be "banned for 10 mins" or whatever because of that. Place the blame on Ubi.

Yup I said before that I'm done with ranked, at least for now.

I don't have any confidence in it, it's just going to get me frustrated.

I have a 7.0 win ratio, with 12 wins and 2 losses in ranked, and both losses have been the result of disconnections. In both instances two party members disconnected.

It's clear that it still isn't uncommon either, as in my casual sessions the other day we had similar disconnections. In one match my entire team disconnected, leaving only me left in the party.

I think every time I have a session, we play maybe 20 matches, and 2-3 of them suffer some form of major disconnection on our team. I don't want to lose 1/10 matches to that crap, it's not worth it.

In addition, even with a 7.0 win rate, and 2.2 ranked KDR, the losses hit your rank super-hard. From Gold II to Silver II in one loss? Fuck that.

----

But I can agree with it being unfair on the casuals in casual, then again, when we played ranked it was a similar slaughter, and we encountered more people who had solo queued than those who did not. It wasn't especially more difficult either, I wouldn't say the people in ranked are better players, or more organised. The only thing I would say is that they are more attentive. Still, I've had ranked teammates quit when they die, team kill for no reason, etc, just like in casual. For many people, at least on console, ranked is the only way to play. A lot of people have the mentality 'why play unranked?' they want to progress so it makes sense to play in ranked playlists. This stems from games like Battlfield where ranked is the only way to play the game if you wish to progress and people queue alone. The same is true for games like Halo, where most people play ranked, regardless of coordination or ability.

If Ubisoft want ranked to be a more serious, competitive platform, then it should be renamed and restricted to parties only. I doubt we'll see that, so as it stands, parties of decent players are always going to stomp in ranked, just as they do in casual.

It's gotten to the point in casual, that my team and I are regularly wiping teams before they enter a building. I've been playing with some relatively competitive, Swedish/Norwegian guys that I met online, and since then I've experienced some of the most ridiculous wins. We had a match the other day where we literally ignored the 'leaving base penalty' and rushed them outside, and that worked across both attacking rounds. Can't remember the last time I lost a match, and when I did I was probably solo queuing.

Grisby

Was laughing at you guys on the last few pages with all of your Fuze=dead hostage comments.

And then it happened to me for the first time today. Plus, another 5 times spread across different matches. Goddamn teammates just lolly-gaggin to the wind with their grenades.

keenerz

Ran into my first legitimate wallhacker, this game, I really wish they had a way to report people or something. I dont know what Ubisoft is doing but it kind of took the winds out of my sails on wanting to play today. Also I've been pretty apt to not call people hackers unless I see it with my own eyes.

Like the guy had literally known exactly where I was on the floor below I wasnt even spotted nor had remained in the same place. shot me right throught the floor without any kind of hole to aim through or nothing. Then exactly knows where all my team mates are without checking corners, also wasnt pulse, It was literally unbelievable.

Ran into my first legitimate wallhacker, this game, I really wish they had a way to report people or something. I dont know what Ubisoft is doing but it kind of took the winds out of my sails on wanting to play today. Also I've been pretty apt to not call people hackers unless I see it with my own eyes.

Like the guy had literally known exactly where I was on the floor below I wasnt even spotted nor had remained in the same place. shot me right throught the floor without any kind of hole to aim through or nothing. Then exactly knows where all my team mates are without checking corners, also wasnt pulse, It was literally unbelievable.

I'm not saying it's not possible to cheat but I've seen killcams by my own buddies where if I was on the enemy side I would have thought they were cheating but makes sense when you hear the communication going on and a knowledge of the maps.

Buddy the other day went right up to a while and looked upwards and shot through a fully intact wall to kill a guy coming down the stairs. Wouldn't have believed it was legit if I didn't hear what was being said.

keenerz

I'm not saying it's not possible to cheat but I've seen killcams by my own buddies where if I was on the enemy side I would have thought they were cheating but makes sense when you hear the communication going on and a knowledge of the maps.

Buddy the other day went right up to a while and looked upwards and shot through a fully intact wall to kill a guy coming down the stairs. Wouldn't have believed it was legit if I didn't hear what was being said.

I know where youre coming from but that much precision is way too much. especially I wasn't directly underneath it and was at a weird angle moving laterally slowly

Is this game still alright even if you're playing with randoms?

Yes, I've played with randoms quite a bit when my friends aren't on and still love it. It's especially good when you have a good team that's gonna communicate but still a great game either way.

Had a pretty great hostage extraction on that three storey office building with the skybridge to the smaller building (set in Germany I think?).

It was down to 1v3 and I breached through two walls in rapid succession to get into the back of the hostage room - I guess they thought it was just distraction attempts because the two guys in the room were still watching the front door.

I was looking side on at two guys crouched either side of the hostage, so all in a row from my perspective. Gave a short burst and prayed. Somehow I nailed both guys and left the hostage unharmed, grabbed him and busted out a window, rappelling down to freedom. For some reason though being outside didn't end the round, I guess the outdoors area between the two buildings is still in bounds?

Anyway I started moving off when the last guy reaches the window and starts laying down fire. I'm a bit of a sitting duck so I angle the hostage towards him and - mission accomplished :D

firehawk12

Subete no aware
PC. Game runs great on low specs and a fair amount of mic usage.
I wonder because on PS4 everyone is going to be on party chat so there won't be any talking, but on PC everyone will be on mumble... so there won't be any talking.

I'm debating which version to get as well, although the PS4 is slightly cheaper because of the 20% discount code.

Is there a sign of what the population numbers are like on each platform?

I wonder because on PS4 everyone is going to be on party chat so there won't be any talking, but on PC everyone will be on mumble... so there won't be any talking.

I'm debating which version to get as well, although the PS4 is slightly cheaper because of the 20% discount code.

Is there a sign of what the population numbers are like on each platform?
I noticed a fair amount of people do talk in game chat on PS4

Tugatrix

I don't have a mic yet, I have that one PS4 comes with but I can't connect it to PC, but I intend to buy one as soon I buy the game

nOoblet16

I know where youre coming from but that much precision is way too much. especially I wasn't directly underneath it and was at a weird angle moving laterally slowly

What if he already had a drone in the area you were hiding at?
I do this a lot, use my drone to scout an area first and then shoot through walls, the guys who don't move at all are the easiest targets.

Klyka

Banned
Yeah cluster charges and grenades through walls is a bit annoying. Although I would understand if it is a destructible surface.

I especially liked that the grenade exploded directly next to him and he only got downed, while I outright died XD

Then again,game might have not downed me cause I was last operator standing.

Rewind

Well I bought the game on PC, it runs pretty well and it's fun. Only done the single player scenarios but I really like the gun play.

nOoblet16

Anyone wants to play this now on PC/PS4? I haven't been able to play a single game with a full party, would be fun to play with good communication.

Yeah cluster charges and grenades through walls is a bit annoying. Although I would understand if it is a destructible surface.
Smoke too, especially when it's from your own teammate.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I'm still unsure which to get. Ps4 or pc

You know, I wish rainbow six siege would have an ability for you to transfer your (let's call it profile) over different platforms.

Because this would get me to buy 2 copies of the game and not start from scratch if I buy it on PC.
(Currently at level 33 with most operators unlocked)

KodaRuss

That feeling when your entire team is down before you even have walked into the building. 4 v 1 and almost pulled it off. Last fucker had two bullets in him and ran away to run out the timer with 20 seconds left. I had him for sure.

nOoblet16

Fuckin trolls who team kill and then vote to kick you are spoiling this game. That and people who have twitchy fingers who will shoot anything even if they are in a quiet area with no enemies which would result in team kills.

Okay, I'm buying this on PS4 as well.
Yay...someone buys it finally. Been trying to convince sonmany DGAFer and no one wants to buy it...even though Destiny is dead.

keenerz

What if he already had a drone in the area you were hiding at?
I do this a lot, use my drone to scout an area first and then shoot through walls, the guys who don't move at all are the easiest targets.

I mean I know where youre coming from and I wish I had recorded it, but the amount of time between shots and fact that everyone was changing positions slowly. Like I wasnt even camping in the room where we were defending I was moving around crouched, and the fact that he could tap me from 30 degree from a second floor panel is suspicious. Then I ended up watching him the next round literally headshot everyone instantly. Like I said if I had recorded this it'd be highly suspicious and would have noted he had a low low rank. Other than that I'd rest my case, perhaps he got lucky either way I really wish they would add a report system to this game, cause I'd at least like them to look into it.

nOoblet16

Just found out you can use shock wire on deployed sheilds
This changes everything

Put the shield on a single man entrance (so that it completely blocks it and requires a player to vault over it) and then mix it up with barb wire and shock wire on one side and watch any enemy who uses it or vaults across it die or atleast come close to death.

So, I've had my doubts about this game ever since the first beta, where it didn't exactly click for me. But I got the game for christmas and the full game completely blew me away. Sure, I wish there were more maps at launch, but what's there is awesome! Might actually get the season pass down the road if the content looks good.

I especially love it when you're playing defense and fortifying the place, only to wait for the first signs of action with your squad. I think this is the biggest turnaround I've had from a BETA > Full Game since Destiny tbh.

On PS4: Mehdi5. (Also on the Google sheet)

Klyka

Banned
I just found out that throwing a nitro cell or any kind of grenade at an electrified wall makes the grenade just go "pop" and do nothing as if Jaeger's device hit it.

Edit:

Regarding maps, the game has 10 maps as far as I am aware (or 9?) and all of them have day and night versions and the reinforcements/defenders completely change the way a map plays basically every time you play.
I think it's honestly a pretty great amount of maps for them having to be designed with so many options in place to change them.
This is probably also the reason why we'll "only" get 4 new maps during the next year.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I just found out that throwing a nitro cell or any kind of grenade at an electrified wall makes the grenade just go "pop" and do nothing as if Jaeger's device hit it.

Edit:

Regarding maps, the game has 10 maps as far as I am aware (or 9?) and all of them have day and night versions and the reinforcements/defenders completely change the way a map plays basically every time you play.
I think it's honestly a pretty great amount of maps for them having to be designed with so many options in place to change them.
This is probably also the reason why we'll "only" get 4 new maps during the next year.

Make sure you finish "Situations"!

Animator

So, I've had my doubts about this game ever since the first beta, where it didn't exactly click for me. But I got the game for christmas and the full game completely blew me away. Sure, I wish there were more maps at launch, but what's there is awesome! Might actually get the season pass down the road if the content looks good.

All future maps are free.

I especially love it when you're playing defense and fortifying the place, only to wait for the first signs of action with your squad. I think this is the biggest turnaround I've had from a BETA > Full Game since Destiny tbh.

On PS4: Mehdi5. (Also on the Google sheet)

Dont tempt me

Beta was just ok for me but I loved the tactical gameplay

Didn't like the maps as they felt too easy to predict in terms of bomb location (enemies surround the area quickly as opposed to moving around and looking for the bomb)

Klyka

Banned
Dont tempt me

Beta was just ok for me but I loved the tactical gameplay

Didn't like the maps as they felt too easy to predict in terms of bomb location (enemies surround the area quickly as opposed to moving around and looking for the bomb)

People are getting better at stopping drones so you don't always find the objective.

The game is also less about finding the objective and more about navigating the maze of defenses the defenders have set up to stop you.

A constantly changing maze at that.

Podge293

Can't wait to start this up later tonight or tomorrow (depending how long the inlaws keep me).

I'll be on Xbox (podgek293). Will add to spreadsheet later (not loading on the phone for some reason.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Just to remind ps4 users, you can join the community to group up with people and play!

The easiest way to join the community is to send me a friend invite and ask but you can also try this process detailed below to find the community yourself. It does not require direct invites so hopefully you can find it.
http://imgur.com/a/0Bxdq

You can also search for my profile on ps4 then look at my joined communities and join that way!
My PSN is thetrinidad
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS MY FELLOW PS4 players! Join us in the fight against TERROR!

DeaviL

Banned
So how are y'all enjoying the game?
Is the Gold ed. worth 50€ in your opinion, maybe start of with the normal ed.?
(PC)

Top Bottom