• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

atr0cious

If you're on the fence about this game due to price, Google bullets and blades on ebay for a pc key. They're around 25 bucks if you're patient. Got mine and might end up with another if it doesn't get bid on soon.

So are we of the impression that this game is a surprise hit?

It's super addictive and seems very tight in terms of balance and hidden depth.

I would be very surprised if this game sold well. It might do better as a sleeper hit when steam sales start happening for this game

Ah yeah, tbh I meant more in terms of the reception from players overall. I didn't phrase that well haha.

It felt like there was a lot of negativity at times prior to release.

nOoblet16

Ah yeah, tbh I meant more in terms of the reception from players overall. I didn't phrase that well haha.

It felt like there was a lot of negativity at times prior to release.
Yea for some reason there was a lot of negativity, and bad image even before the no single player announcement. Guess because it's Ubisoft and people love to hate Ubisoft.

Anyone..absolutely anyone who likes single life or attack defend gameplay will love this game. The best thing I like about this game is the range of engagement option available to players, and how they all require skills to use rather than press a button to see your character do a pre defined animation.

Ferny

I think this game will gain a lot of traction based on word of mouth. I've sold a couple of my friends on this game just by constantly talking about it.

Klyka

Banned
The game has gotten a ton of word of mouth and also is being constantly streamed on Twitch, which is always good.

Hell, even 4chan likes it!

I feel it will never break sales records,but it'll have it's niche and keep it alive.

Some guy started firing off random shots towards team members at the start of the match and I got nervous.

Ended up with him dead and me booted.

Oops. I had good intentions!

Seriously though, stop firing so carelessly!

nOoblet16

Man sometimes I forget the things I can do with my operator. Played Glaz and I could shoot through the desk but I didn't because habits, and exposed myself which gotnme shot.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Hell, even 4chan likes it!

uninstalling now /s

just had a round where I killed the last 2 defenders alive literally within the last second of the round. I felt like a god. This game is amazing.

nOoblet16

Just went against a team of mostly low level players (like level 2-10) and got slaughtered. Fastest team I've ever played against, fuckers would even set up shop at the entrance while defending. Like they would even guess properly where to shoot just based on where a hole is located.

Probably pros with alt accounts.

KodaRuss

Dang Christmas stuff. I am suffering from a Rainbow Six withdrawal. I need to plant a breaching charge or lay some barb wire stat.

Drewfonse

I know that this game will eventually lose its appeal to me. I'm sure that it will. But that will be a looooooooong time from now. This has renewed my love for FPS online.

RedFox85

The free weekend made me a believer, this game is the real deal. Picked it up for a friend and myself this morning, I am really enjoying the single play stuff vs AI as well.

Remmy2112

Can someone explain to me the MP game modes?

Hostage rescue has defenders secure a hostage from being rescued. Attackers have to get hostage and get them to one of several designated extraction zones. It is possible to incapacitate or kill the hostage. Killing the hostage, or incapping it and not reviving them in time counts as a loss for whichever side did the damage.

Bomb defusal requires the defenders to protect two chemical bombs. Attackers spawn with one defusal device and have to make it to one of these sites, plant device which has a timer, then protect it for 45 seconds. If planted defenders must destroy it, which requires they hold the use button. Their character proceeds to smash the shit out of it for about five seconds.

The third mode is just point domination. Defenders protect it, attackers assault. If attackers make it into room and there are no defenders then a bar begins to fill. If it gets full they win, if defender is in room it stops progressing.

All modes can also be won by eliminating the enemy team.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Its the best mp game I have ever played in the last five years. Also just get a cheap uplay key from cdkeys or gmg.

The cheap keys on those sites are already gone. Best bet is to get a bullets or blades off of ebay in the next 4-5 days before they expire. Got mine for ~$35.

Managed to pull off a 1v4 defuse today, the feels. Killed one, planted, took up a good position, killed the next 3. This game is the best adrenaline rush in awhile.

People should stop complaining about new players. Without them the game dies. If you play as much as you talk then take it to ranked or STFU. Have a nice day.

Pfft. Good one.

Scared confirmed.

scared-potter.gif

:p

Keihart

I even like losing against a good team. Winning is better ofcourse, but losing against a good team is fun as hell to watch too.

What are the first operators you should unlock?

Haven't got time to explain in-depth (and we have been over this before in this thread) but Thatcher and Bandit are good bets.

They aren't the most picked operators which is good when you only have one to pick, but they are very useful. People pick the more aggressive ones that will earn kills, more often, but Bandit and Thatcher won't get you kills, but they are super useful.

On PC we are for sure. It's hilarious. Though we can't get Anim8 and them to accept a 5v5. Guess they scared.

Haven't played with GAF recently on PS4, but it was the a same case there last I checked.

I still play with occasional gaffers but usually just some good players that I met on the game (because they are really bloody good).

I used to lose games solo queuing but don't tend to bother with that anymore. It's frustrating to have to baby sit 4 people that don't know what they're doing, game after game.

Woo-Fu

Banned
What are the first operators you should unlock?

I would unlock Rook first and tell your team in voice that is the only defender you have, they'll usually give it to you. All you really have to do as Rook is drop your armor plates at the start of every round. After that watch what people reinforce and use your two panels to do the same areas or get one of them to point out spots that need it. If you do go Rook I suggest the MP5 with a vertical grip and the optics of your choice. Having much more success with that than the P90.

For attackers I'd probably go with Sledge first. Decent utility but few "must-have" situations like there are with Thermite, Thatcher, or Ash.

Top Bottom