• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

How active is the ps4 community here?

I've come across some very fun matches with randoms, but I've noticed a lot of singing children recently.

nOoblet16

I've come across some very fun matches with randoms, but I've noticed a lot of singing children recently.
Fairly active.

And children aren't that bad hah. We've got a 12 year old Norwegian kid that plays with us who added me from a random match. He's pretty good. Think it's his first time he's playing regularly with English speakers where he has to communicate a lot.

Grisby

Was surprised there was a (Situations ending spoiler)
co-op mission at the end
of the Situations deal. That beginning and ending cutscene was pretty cool. God, it's still kind of crazy to me that they didn't do something with that to make a story.

However, all of the maps have been quality, so you can't complain on that aspect.

nOoblet16

Was surprised there was a (Situations ending spoiler)
co-op mission at the end
of the Situations deal. That beginning and ending cutscene was pretty cool. God, it's still kind of crazy to me that they didn't do something with that o make a story.

However, all of the maps have been quality, so you can;t complain on that aspect.
Rainbow six patriots...RIP

Mentok

Banned
Sorry I meant their abilities won't get you kills, not the characters. Everyone in the game is lethal. What I meant was that people pick operators like Fuze and Kaplan etc. who have the capacity to net kills with their abilities, while non-lethal abilities are often under-appreciated, especially by players who are newer to the game.

That said bandit is a potentially lethal operator, with his ability, but anyone that electrocutes themselves to death is an idiot.

Lol yeah that I agree with, I've laughed so hard when I down someone with my battery.

Very, we even have a community to join on the ps4 ( Trinidad advertises for it almost every page). Join us!

How necessary is a mic for casual mode?

Mic is necessary for every game mode. Casual just has a more relaxed join/quit policy and a few game play changes like kill cams and popups.

Gameplay is basically the same between modes and without a mic you're doing yourself and your team a disservice

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Mic is necessary for every game mode. Casual just has a more relaxed join/quit policy and a few game play changes like kill cams and popups.

Gameplay is basically the same between modes and without a mic you're doing yourself and your team a disservice

Ok thanks. Didint know if I should pick this up tonight or wait until I get back to my house from Christmas break, my mic isn't with me.

nOoblet16

The game isconsiderably worse and less fun without mic communication. You will have fun even without it but once you play a game with a room full of mics you can never go back to a silent room as it's 10 times better with it.

what pop ups by the way?

The game isconsiderably worse and less fun without mic communication. You will have fun even without it but once you play a game with a room full of mics you can never go back to a silent room as it's 10 times better with it.

what pop ups by the way?

It's been awhile since I've played casual because of first round quitters but there were pop ups around kill confirms and when you would destroy equipment that weren't in ranked. I'm not sure what's still there after they aligned the playlists in the update.

Awesome to hear.

Fairly active.

And children aren't that bad hah. We've got a 12 year old Norwegian kid that plays with us who added me from a random match. He's pretty good. Think it's his first time he's playing regularly with English speakers where he has to communicate a lot.

Haha , nothing against kids in general - my online gaming experience pretty much started with Rainbow Six 3 on the original xbox.

Just noticed a lot of annoyances recently with some randoms. I'm probably misattributing the blame because when I enter a match like that, I play stupid too.

Oh nice, the more serious mode doesn't have kill confirms and popups?

Can you see friendlies through walls still?

And what was all the ruckus during beta about the game being very casualized? I recall some wallhack ability that had people worried.

Also, how big were the beta maps compared to what's in the final game? Sorry for all the questions, but I cant see anywhere to get info for this game.

iMax

I was just looking through old Patriots concept art and shots. This one looked particularly... familiar.

rainbow-6-patriots-pc-1322498829-003.jpg

Wouldn't be surprised if some of the maps are the old Patriots maps built by Ubisoft Toronto, reworked for Siege.

Argh. As someone who adored Search and Destroy in COD4 (and only COD4 when everything was much slower), and as someone who loves Last of Us, watching gameplay for this is tempting.

I think I'm going to jump in when the game hits $30.00

Free maps is also a fantastic move. There is no way I would have jumped in if it wasn't free.
I'm hoping the PS4 community will be healthy. Seems like there are only 3 modes right? Do you get to choose the mode, or is it random?

I only really liked the bomb defusal because it had two locations, so it was more fun to have the freedom to explore the map. I enjoy that better than everyone bunking in a room.

We know there are free maps, is there any intention to add other free/paid content?

Grimsen

Lol. Fanatic indeed.

It's a better experience with a mic, but not necessary for casual.

I don't know If others have noticed it..Pro tip while using pulse..Hit (Triangle/Y) to flip back to your primary weapon, instead of letting go of his speciality button and waiting for him to drop the HB sensor, then lift up his primary back on screen. The few milliseconds have saved my ass plenty of times.

iMax

Anyone getting a bug where your character/drone jerkily jumps back and forth when you try to move around the map?

It sort of feels like old-school Call of Duty lag... but if the game's running on dedis, surely movement positioning is handled locally? So is it a geometry bug maybe?

Annoying as hell and pretty game breaking. Ping checks out fine so I don't think it's that.

moai

Anyone getting a bug where your character/drone jerkily jumps back and forth when you try to move around the map?

It sort of feels like old-school Call of Duty lag... but if the game's running on dedis, surely movement positioning is handled locally? So is it a geometry bug maybe?

Annoying as hell and pretty game breaking. Ping checks out fine so I don't think it's that.

Yes, i thought it was lag. I also got stuckes on stairs from time to time. I first i thought it was lag but i got killed by another player that was moving normally or teammates just passed by me.

iMax

Yes, i thought it was lag. I also got stuckes on stairs from time to time. I first i thought it was lag but i got killed by another player that was moving normally or teammates just passed by me.

It always seems to happen when you try to negotiate changes in geometry. Really hope they fix it.

Mentok

Banned
Argh. As someone who adored Search and Destroy in COD4 (and only COD4 when everything was much slower), and as someone who loves Last of Us, watching gameplay for this is tempting.

I think I'm going to jump in when the game hits $30.00

Free maps is also a fantastic move. There is no way I would have jumped in if it wasn't free.
I'm hoping the PS4 community will be healthy. Seems like there are only 3 modes right? Do you get to choose the mode, or is it random?

I only really liked the bomb defusal because it had two locations, so it was more fun to have the freedom to explore the map. I enjoy that better than everyone bunking in a room.

We know there are free maps, is there any intention to add other free/paid content?
Yeah,there will be new operators as well. If you have the season pass you instantly get those operators or you can buy them with the in-game currency (I assume you can purchase them individually with real $ as well). Tomorrow night I'll be back on! Hope to get a GAF crew together.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Just picked this up on PS4, is there a GAF group?

My PSN is NarroAproach if anyone wants to add me.

Yeah. There's been a link to the Siege-GAF PSN Community that gets posted every few pages. Honestly, that's better than using the spreadsheet, since you can see sessions in progress and join that way, without having to deal with friend requests/invites/etc.

Drewfonse

Must resist buying this game...need to stop throwing away money on games...

DO IT. Amazing.

Has anyone else checked their gameplay time on both the game hub and on the ubi site? The site says 39 hrs and the hub says 62. I feel like 62 is a lot closer. Been playing the shit out of this game.

ncslamm

I'm on the fence about this game. It's on sale for $45 and I have $50 in my PSN wallet. The only problem is I already have so many games to play and I'm really hooked on BO3 right now. If I had more friends playing it I would jump on it in a heartbeat. I'm going to sleep on it tonight and if I still want to get it tomorrow I think i'll bite.

KodaRuss

Just had a pretty badass match in ranked and went 8-2. Won one round my knifing Montange after gunning down thermite to end the round when it was 2-1. Pretty epic.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Just picked this up on PS4, is there a GAF group?

My PSN is NarroAproach if anyone wants to add me.

Why yes there is a GAF community! See below and join us in the fight against terror!
Just to remind ps4 users, you can join the community to group up with people and play!

The easiest way to join the community is to send me a friend invite and ask but you can also try this process detailed below to find the community yourself. It does not require direct invites so hopefully you can find it.
http://imgur.com/a/0Bxdq

You can also search for my profile on ps4 then look at my joined communities and join that way!
My PSN is thetrinidad

Do Ash's nades work firing at someone's feet like a noobtube, or is damage minimal to none?

edit: I just discovered there is actually a walk key in this game and I'm rank 40. I thought you just crouch to dampen sound. I feel dumb.

I've been having issues with the servers all day today. Haven't had a day this bad in a while. Maybe it's the influx of christmas noobs? Is it just me?

Hip Hop

This game doesn't have a ranking system like CSGO, right? Where you can only play with friends who are similar to your skill level.

This game doesn't have a ranking system like CSGO, right? Where you can only play with friends who are similar to your skill level.

No, the only restriction is ranked is locked to level 20 and above. Although I don't know what happens if the party leader is over 20 and takes an under 20 squad into ranked.

Top Bottom