• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

E-flux

I wish that there would be fire extinguishers and pipes that would spew out smoke when shot at, that would look bad ass with the destruction and it would probably offer some tactical value for certain places.

I was also called a hacker for a first time and i got to say that it felt kinda good, i was constantly using drones to scout people out and shooting them through the walls, people got a bit salty in that game.

Fury451

Banned
So, not a good time to buy this on the PS4?

It's hit and miss- but it's an amazing game. All the issues are on Ubi's server side, and I think they'll get it ironed out eventually.

Pretty irritating though, but I've personally experienced more stability in the last 2 weeks than I did before that.

manhack

No, I started out in the pcgaming discord and then yesterday someone gave me a link to a different one that I guess is a reddit one? People definitely didn't know what a "neogaf" was XD

very cool peeps though!

Yeah that was me. The GAF discord was empty because it was early in the day and I thought the EU crew would get better pings with others from EU.

For everyone here is the GAF discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/0g3xFvOWXdfk9uKF

I won't post any other groups here, out of courtesy, and I prefer to keep everyone together, but there are lots of people grouping up with discord, teamspeak and mumble and as my friendslist grows I get lots of random requests.

East coast servers just went straight to dookie in the last 10 mins. Get a blue screen everytime I connect to a game

Edit: connection is dropping constantly, dookie confirmed.

PS4 btw

KodaRuss

It's hit and miss- but it's an amazing game. All the issues are on Ubi's server side, and I think they'll get it ironed out eventually.

Pretty irritating though, but I've personally experienced more stability in the last 2 weeks than I did before that.

I have seen some people get disconnected but for the most part it has been working great for me since I got the game about two weeks ago.

manhack

I have seen some people get disconnected but for the most part it has been working great for me since I got the game about two weeks ago.

Yeah it looks like even Ubisoft was expecting the game to get more players so quickly. Although with the Holidays you think they would of considered it.

Klyka

Banned
Ahhh I always love how people immediately shout about "selling the game" or "i want 10 free skins and shit!" because some servers don't work for a bit.

People are so funny.

Klyka

Banned
Yeah that was me. The GAF discord was empty because it was early in the day and I thought the EU crew would get better pings with others from EU.

For everyone here is the GAF discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/0g3xFvOWXdfk9uKF

I won't post any other groups here, out of courtesy, and I prefer to keep everyone together, but there are lots of people grouping up with discord, teamspeak and mumble and as my friendslist grows I get lots of random requests.

Those men are hilarious and good at the game, thanks for introducing me :D

That more than doubled since launch. Considering the vast majority of players are on uplay I estimate at least 40-50k concurrent players at peak.

Oh this doesnt taken into account uplay?

I felt 10K was very low, and imagined it to be even less on PS4

So do hardcore Rainbow fans still hate this game? I was reading that they are adding a hardcore mode, but three modes sounds like too many. I think itd be cool to have the casual and hardcore ranked mode as they both seem to cater to all audiences, but it seems that the devs dont want to make them too different

Klyka

Banned
Oh this doesnt taken into account uplay?

I felt 10K was very low, and imagined it to be even less on PS4

So do hardcore Rainbow fans still hate this game? I was reading that they are adding a hardcore mode, but three modes sounds like too many. I think itd be cool to have the casual and hardcore ranked mode as they both seem to cater to all audiences, but it seems that the devs dont want to make them too different

The game probably has way more players on the consoles. It's how it always goes.

And no,steam charts can only track Steam players, so Uplay numbers are not in there.
Basically every key you can buy online is a Uplay key and that's how many players got their game. The physical version is also a Uplay version.

The game probably has way more players on the consoles. It's how it always goes.

And no,steam charts can only track Steam players, so Uplay numbers are not in there.
Basically every key you can buy online is a Uplay key and that's how many players got their game. The physical version is also a Uplay version.

I am eager to see PS4 numbers. If I recall, Rainbow Six was popular on Xbox for two generations.

Klyka

Banned
I am eager to see PS4 numbers. If I recall, Rainbow Six was popular on Xbox for two generations.

According to steamspy (which again ONLY counts steam) there are 160k people who own it on steam. I think the game has a pretty nice,big,healthy userbase.

Draper

It's probably the best MP game of the current gen....when it works. The servers are so damn shit it's unbelievable. Matchmaking is worse after the patch, infinite loading screens/ sync screens.
It will get better (+ Ubisoft needs to release a new patch to fix all this mess). It's a great game but you have to be patient.

Just picked this up. Already loving it just from the situations. How's terrorist hunt?

Don't get me wrong, because I am on the verge of jumping in, but it's crazy what us gamers tolerate on a new product.

Don't get me wrong, because I am on the verge of jumping in, but it's crazy what us gamers tolerate on a new product.

I can only tolerate it because the game is amazing. And matchmaking was great before the patch.....I really can't understand why developers release patches that make things worse. It's....baffling.

Mentok

Banned
I'll be jumping on tonight, hope it's not playing like crap. On a good day I find it takes a 15 minutes to get a party into a game....yesterday I was in line at a mall and I noticed their cameras looked like the ones in the game. My first instinct was "Oh man, someone needs to shoot out the cameras"

manhack

I'll be jumping on tonight, hope it's not playing like crap. On a good day I find it takes a 15 minutes to get a party into a game....yesterday I was in line at a mall and I noticed their cameras looked like the ones in the game. My first instinct was "Oh man, someone needs to shoot out the cameras"

Our group on PC was having no issues getting into games the past hour or so. We hopped off for a bit, but I'll be back later tonight for sure.

(Discord Link: https://discord.gg/0g3xFvOWXdj3ECIl )

giphy.gif

Lol some of us may be old, but we bring something to this game that these youngsters don't understand...... And that's a little patience. It's amazing what that'll do for you in this one, and it's hilarious to watch those that don't have it.

Might be the wrong thread. But I do need some help. I just bought a GTX970 from a retail location at Canada Computers. I found out that Nvidia was doing a promo for people to get Rainbox Six Siege for free if they any of their 900 series cards. My card meets the requirements. Customer Support is closed today. Should I wait until their open tomorrow and e-mail them my receipt? Since I bought it at one of their store locations and not online. Thank you.

Playable on PS4 too. I'm either in a two man party (so no gamechat) or running ranked/casuals alone and I've had not much trouble.

Games still wayyyyy better with peeps though.

Okay cool thanks guys, just to check, there is no matchmaking region locking on this no? Like if I buy it from the US store from the EU, I can still play with EU people?

Grisby

Took a day off from playing this. Sounds like the servers are getting hit anyways. Had a bunch of disconnects yesterday.

Not playing it, but still thinking about it. Shoot outs and the lead up to them is some tense and exciting shit.
Rainbow six patriots...RIP
I really want a new Vegas or something after playing this game. The SP levels could be super inventive.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Just to remind ps4 users, you can join the community to group up with people and play!

The easiest way to join the community is to send me a friend invite and ask but you can also try this process detailed below to find the community yourself. It does not require direct invites so hopefully you can find it.
http://imgur.com/a/0Bxdq

You can also search for my profile on ps4 then look at my joined communities and join that way!
My PSN is thetrinidad

I am getting online now if any new recruits want an invite to the community! Over 40 people already and I have played with a bunch of them. PS4 Rainbow Six GAF is the best GAF!

Deception

It's so frustrating that playing in a group is always a hassle with me and my friends on Xbox one. Solo is fine but once you try to form a party it's like pulling teeth.

Top Bottom