• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

nOoblet16

Do Ash's nades work firing at someone's feet like a noobtube, or is damage minimal to none?

edit: I just discovered there is actually a walk key in this game and I'm rank 40. I thought you just crouch to dampen sound. I feel dumb.

Ash's nade will only explode if they hit a material (wall, floor etc) and even then it has to be a material on which you could put breaching charges on anything else and it won't work, and the only way you can kill someone with it is if you hit the wall behind the enemy with it while they are really close to it. Anything else and the grenade won't work, you could make a direct hit to an enemy and it won't do any damage.

The walk key is basically there because you cannot have the variation in movement that analogue sticks provide when you play using keyboard and mouse, since when playing with a controller you just tilt the analogue slightly to move slow. Also walking still makes sound, even staying at one place and merely turning makes a sound.

Any ps4 crew on?

If you are on now then I can join.

Keihart

So I'm down, teammate comes to me and throws a smoke to create "cover" and revive me...obviously the smoke kills me....smh !

Hahahaha.
I think every throwable makes 5 damage.
Also beware of players breaching in trough windows, the entrance animation can kill. (that like swinging kick when rappelling)

nOoblet16

Hahahaha.
I think every throwable makes 5 damage.
Also beware of players breaching in trough windows, the entrance animation can kill. (that like swinging kick when rappelling)

I know that, it's just that the guy thought I'd be immune to his smoke and only opposite team players can get damaged by his smoke. He threw a smoke bomb right next to me and activated it before going for my revive lol.

Keihart

I know that, it's just that the guy thought I'd be immune to his smoke and only opposite team players can get damaged by his smoke. He threw a smoke bomb right next to me and activated it before going for my revive lol.

I thought it was a smoke bomb and not a poison "smoke" bomb, well that is pretty silly from him, it is stated on the description that only Smoke is inmune to it.

Flash grenades are so broken as fuck, wow, I threw all three in one room. The enemy killed me with one shot to the head. You could see in the replay that he wasn't blind.

Keihart

Flash grenades are so broken as fuck, wow, I threw all three in one room. The enemy killed me with one shot to the head. You could see in the replay that he wasn't blind.

Replays don't show the flash state in the player camera. I know, because i've killed enemies while flashed only to later see my glory taken by the replay cam.

Flash grenades are tricky tho, they have a radius in wich they completly blind you no matter what, and a bigger radius in wich the flash effect depends on if your are actually looking at them and at wich angle and distance.

Freeman76

Is it down for anyone else? I have a feeling i may have fucked up. I bought it from US store in the sale, and im in the UK. I often do this to save money, but perhaps it doesnt work with R6? I booted the game and it says no access to servers, i can only play situations?

Newlove

How are the PC players here teaming up? The excel in the OP? I saw one of you mention Discord the other day. I just got the game last night, it would be great to play with you guys.

Klyka

Banned
So did some GAFfer give me a different Discord last night?

Cause I was suddenly playing with some really cool guys who had NO idea what "a neogaf" is.

Alias03

Is it down for anyone else? I have a feeling i may have fucked up. I bought it from US store in the sale, and im in the UK. I often do this to save money, but perhaps it doesnt work with R6? I booted the game and it says no access to servers, i can only play situations?

Did you just buy it? Sounds like the game may be still installing. Give it time

nOoblet16

You game isn't downloaded yet completely.

Animator

So did some GAFfer give me a different Discord last night?

Cause I was suddenly playing with some really cool guys who had NO idea what "a neogaf" is.

If you are talking about the pcgaming discord while that originally started as a gaf discord we ended up inviting all the cool players we encounter. There is no point in doing it gaf only.

How are the PC players here teaming up? The excel in the OP? I saw one of you mention Discord the other day. I just got the game last night, it would be great to play with you guys.

https://discord.gg/0g3xFvOWXdfk9uKF

Add people from the spreadsheet and bookmark the discord page. If you are playing solo and nobody is on, idle in a room that is not the afk room and people will see you playing and join on you.

Xion86

Wasn't planning on getting this but received the Art of Seige Edition for Chrismas! Will defiantly see what I think, only had a quick go, not that impressed with the visuals but seems to play well so far. That recoil though!

Well, against my better judgement I bought this game (don't have a ton of time these days). What's the best way to learn the maps quickly? Best way to start up?

Oh and I am on PS4. Best way to hook up with GAF? Does the game have clans?

Well, against my better judgement I bought this game (don't have a ton of time these days). What's the best way to learn the maps quickly? Best way to start up?

The good thing about this game is that in most situations you'll be holding down a room and it's surrounding area. You can play it by ear and still do pretty well. But that still leaves the drone search portion of the game. I still get lost on certain maps that have more than one possible building the enemy team may be hiding in. Playing terrorist hunt with the intent of learning the best drone routes may alleviate this.

I remember seeing someone mention a Google doc of GAF players but I haven't seen it myself.

Klyka

Banned
If you are talking about the pcgaming discord while that originally started as a gaf discord we ended up inviting all the cool players we encounter. There is no point in doing it gaf only.

No, I started out in the pcgaming discord and then yesterday someone gave me a link to a different one that I guess is a reddit one? People definitely didn't know what a "neogaf" was XD

very cool peeps though!

Sapientas

So there is a bug that prevents you from getting XP or Renown? Just had 3 matches on PS4 and none gave me or my brother anything.
Checked online and saw threads complaining about this on Beta.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

There's an app called tactical board that can help you learn the maps. Also, any time you pilot a drone or use a camera, the hud identifies your current location... from floor you're on to the specific room / hallway / area, and this is really helpful to learn the maps and nomenclature.

iMax

There's an app called tactical board that can help you learn the maps. Also, any time you pilot a drone or use a camera, the hud identifies your current location... from floor you're on to the specific room / hallway / area, and this is really helpful to learn the maps and nomenclature.

There's an app? I can only find the shitty Flash version on the website.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
There's an app? I can only find the shitty Flash version on the website.
Yeah I just realized it's not an actual app. Went to DL it on my tablet and couldn't find it. My bad, sorry.

The flash thing doesn't even run well on my tablet or phone. So, kind of pointless.

Gaza

I received this game the day it came out and still haven't played it, but the more i read on here makes me want to play this asap, hows the initial install on ps4?

I received this game the day it came out and still haven't played it, but the more i read on here makes me want to play this asap, hows the initial install on ps4?

It was prob 10-15 mins if I had to guess. I think you can play situations immediately though and that's a good idea since you'll need to unlock a couple operators to play online.

Anybody having server issues today on PS4?? MY buddy and I keep steamrolling matches, but we're not getting credit at all because its stuck Synching data after each match now ..

Just purchased the HyperX Cloud 2 gaming headset (who the fuck comes up with these names?) and I can't wait to try it out with this game. I'm legit obsessed with RS...the last time I felt this hooked on a fps mp game was RS3 on the original Xbox. It feels good to be back.

Just purchased the HyperX Cloud 2 gaming headset (who the fuck comes up with these names?)

giphy.gif

Jarrod38

Had to stop playing today because I kept getting "please wait synchronizing" error and not getting any points. And of course I actually had a good team as well.

So, not a good time to buy this on the PS4?

It's probably the best MP game of the current gen....when it works. The servers are so damn shit it's unbelievable. Matchmaking is worse after the patch, infinite loading screens/ sync screens.
It will get better (+ Ubisoft needs to release a new patch to fix all this mess). It's a great game but you have to be patient.

Top Bottom