• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Deception

Late reply to this but whatever.

Problem with all electrified barbed wire strategies is that the battery pack makes make a super distinctive sound.

That and the wire is destroyed by breach charges. So it's hard to surprise people with it on the other side of a doorway or window. They're also really weak in terms of the explosive damage they take, as if any anything nicks either the wire, or the box itself, the setup ceases to work.

I wish that the electric charges worked in synergy with all metal objects. For example, if an entire wall is reinforced then you should only need one electric charge to electrify the entire wall. Or if you want to connect two walls, use your barbed wire was a tether to electrify adjacent walls. I feel like this would add so much more depth to everything and make things more of a chess match.

Varth

I wish that the electric charges worked in synergy with all metal objects. For example, if an entire wall is reinforced then you should only need one electric charge to electrify the entire wall. Or if you want to connect two walls, use your barbed wire was a tether to electrify adjacent walls. I feel like this would add so much more depth to everything and make things more of a chess match.

Same for me. Always struck me as odd that if you place 2 barbed wire nests close, it doesn't conduce electricity from one to the other.

Wasn't playing very well last night, lost a couple of games while introducing some newbies to the game.

How much success do you have in solo queuing ranked? I'm curious. Statistically unless your individual performance is drastically above average solo queued teams should have a > 50% win ratio. Which seems like a horrendous experience to me.

So far I've stuck to parties in ranked, and have not lost a game. I would not say it's been harder than casual.

You're right, it's about a 50% win rate. It's still a pretty good experience, even the stomps, because I generally enjoy each round quite a bit.

Then again, I've played tons of League of Legends ranked solo. So I might be forged in fire and what not.

I thought this was the case before ever using Bandit, because it made sense. I've been maining Bandit when defending since a few weeks now and I can safely say that should they go the "realistic" route, it would severely break the game. You could basically bandit wire an entire room, hide the generators in some far away spots and no one would ever be able to enter that entire room safely, if at all. The way it works now is perfect, imo.

The main thing you should keep in mind when using bandit is to figure out where to use it effectively in each situation/map/spot. I mainly use it to make unbreakable walls and in some spots it's great to put in a door way to make it harder to enter for the enemy. Sometimes you know they will shoot the generator on the barbed wire, but at least it gives you an alert as to where the enemy is when you hear them shooting for it.

You can also choke an entry with the deployable shield add the battery to it
Didn't know it also worked on the deployable shield. Thanks for the tip!

The shield in a doorway is tricky one though imo, because it can also work against you when the enemy is on the other side of it and you're further removed from it than the enemy, though the bandit definitely helps a bit against that I guess.

Deception

I thought this was the case before ever using Bandit, because it made sense. I've been maining Bandit when defending since a few weeks now and I can safely say that should they go the "realistic" route, it would severely break the game. You could basically bandit wire an entire room, hide the generators in some far away spots and no one would ever be able to enter that entire room safely, if at all. The way it works now is perfect, imo.

The main thing you should keep in mind when using bandit is to figure out where to use it effectively in each situation/map/spot. I mainly use it to make unbreakable walls and in some spots it's great to put in a door way to make it harder to enter for the enemy. Sometimes you know they will shoot the generator on the barbed wire, but at least it gives you an alert as to where the enemy is when you hear them shooting for it.

The simple is reduce the amount of charges from 3 to 2 and barbed wire down to two. Also make where only one horizontal wall panel can be electrified and can't wrap corners. All it does is add a little bit to the meta of the gadget.

Right now I use my barbed wire as drone zappers in the setup phase and place them in doorway entrances then baricade so drones cant jump over them. I also place them on the corner of stairs to get drone quickly turning up. After that I pick up the charges and place them on reinforced walls to deny entry along the walls my teammates are camping on.

They're are a few tweaks a lot of operators can use that'll make the meta that much stronger and I hope Ubi implements them.

Edit: is there a way to see how many drones you have destroyed? I'm sure I'm in the few hundred by now lol

Klyka

Banned
I am getting completely shat on the entire day.

First matchmaking takes ages and then I can get the drop on people and they spin around and headshot me instantly. In fact,I am getting instantly headshot basically every single death.

So frustrated right now.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Did I read that we have a PS4 NeoGAF Siege community?

I need to stop playing with randoms in ranked.
Yeah where is it?
Just to remind ps4 users, you can join the community to group up with people and play!

The easiest way to join the community is to send me a friend invite and ask but you can also try this process detailed below to find the community yourself. It does not require direct invites so hopefully you can find it.
http://imgur.com/a/0Bxdq

You can also search for my profile on ps4 then look at my joined communities and join that way!
My PSN is thetrinidad

Over 40 people already and I have played with a bunch of them. PS4 Rainbow Six GAF is the best GAF!

iMax

Anyone had this weird bug where the game seems to attach you to a particular point with an invisible elastic band and springs you back to it if you try to move? Happened to a friend and I earlier and was super strange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuOej-eK3A8

Yup. All the time.

That's just lag. It's called rubber banding.

Don't think so. My connection's fine, low latency, open NAT, and happens in no other games or P2P terrorist hunt matches.

Only happens in multiplayer matchmaking.

The simple is reduce the amount of charges from 3 to 2 and barbed wire down to two. Also make where only one horizontal wall panel can be electrified and can't wrap corners. All it does is add a little bit to the meta of the gadget.

Right now I use my barbed wire as drone zappers in the setup phase and place them in doorway entrances then baricade so drones cant jump over them. I also place them on the corner of stairs to get drone quickly turning up. After that I pick up the charges and place them on reinforced walls to deny entry along the walls my teammates are camping on.

They're are a few tweaks a lot of operators can use that'll make the meta that much stronger and I hope Ubi implements them.

Edit: is there a way to see how many drones you have destroyed? I'm sure I'm in the few hundred by now lol
I love my 3 wires with Bandit. It's one of the reasons I choose that operator. You're also fogettingother operators can also choose barbed wires, where your 2 as opposed to 3 wires for the bandit doesn't really have much of an impact.

I usually create a safe room near/at the objective using the bandits on the reinforced walls. Then I use the barbed wires to make the enemies' hiding spots at the objective harder/impossible to use for the enemy. Basically I lay down the barbed wires near desks or closets they can hide behind to have clear shots at me, to either A. make the enemy deal with slow movement at these spots or B. they have to destroy the wire to make their hiding spot easier to use, but destroying the wire puts them at a disadvantage while they're stuck in the animation hitting the thing.

I really believe the way it's working now is balanced, as are most other operators. I don't think they need to improve/balance a lot, there's more to break than to fix in reagards to balance, imo.

Mentok

Banned

Lol this happened twice last night on the opposing team. This and a Fuse killing the hostage a few times, A lot of laughs were had.

Did I read that we have a PS4 NeoGAF Siege community?

I need to stop playing with randoms in ranked.
Yeah where is it?

Trini posts it every page! Join us, this game instantly becomes fun with GAFfers!!

Erban1

Yup. All the time.

Don't think so. My connection's fine, low latency, open NAT, and happens in no other games or P2P terrorist hunt matches.

Only happens in multiplayer matchmaking.

It's a weird bug, anytime it happens go prone and you'll break out of it

That's just lag. It's called rubber banding.

That is not lag. I literally couldn't enter the room without being sprung back to the entrance no matter how many times I tried, meanwhile my friend couldn't get out. The game was fine otherwise.

One of the strangest bugs I've encountered for sure.

iMax

That is not lag. I literally couldn't enter the room without being sprung back to the entrance no matter how many times I tried, meanwhile my friend couldn't get out. The game was fine otherwise.

Yeah. And you can retrace your steps just fine. You just can't enter a new room. It's weird as hell. And doesn't happen on P2P matches.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

My squad and I get this from time to time. It even happened to me once during the initial drone phase, which I haven't seen many complaints of yet. It feels like it should be 'rubber-banding' lag artifacts, but our pings often seem fairly stable when it happens and we can see everyone else moving, shooting, and interacting with the world without issue. No idea why it happens!

iMax

Has anyone found out how to set up a custom 5v5 match on console yet? Seems impossible.

Every time I try to invite people it won't let me go beyond the 5 player squad limit.

KodaRuss

Some fun games last night with PS4Gaf. I was kinda sucking but I believe we won every match? Stayed up too late to be of any use I think.

I am really hot and cold with this game sometimes.

atr0cious

Are the servers dead on pc? I just tried to find a game and it took like 10 minutes

Yes, right now, itll start a party and then go to a blank screen, where youll have to tab out and quit. The last weekend has been utter shit, as far as multiplayer is concerned, thunt is p2p so its not really having these problems. Too many games have been finished just to crash and quit without xp. Makes me glad I paid a fraction of the price for this.

Does Ubisoft actually have any plans to address some of these server issue?

Christ, even I have a limit to my patience. Shits a joke.

Edit: Maybe it's a blessing that the game didn't sell so well. I shudder to think how the servers would handle a larger player capacity.

Klyka

Banned
Does Ubisoft actually have any plans to address some of these server issue?

Christ, even I have a limit to my patience. Shits a joke.

Edit: Maybe it's a blessing that the game didn't sell so well. I shudder to think how the servers would handle a larger player capacity.

They have already done some maintenance today which at first seemed to have fixed things but now it's back. If you look at the steamcharts numbers, the game gets a LOT of player in the evening coming home from work,which I attribute to the game pulling in a bit of an older community.

Top Bottom