• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Keihart

As Bandit, I totally love how I can slow the game down while I roam (I find Bandit is best as a sprint roamer, rather than trying to win a 1-1 firefight). However, I've seen more often than not that Kapkan's traps become more useful the longer a match goes. At the beginning people are looking for them, but as the round goes on I find Attackers tend to forget about them.

I know right?
I usually use 2 and save one to install later.
I do something similar with castle, setting 2 on entrances to the level we are defending , and saving one to escape or trap an enemy.

Animator

As Bandit, I totally love how I can slow the game down while I roam (I find Bandit is best as a sprint roamer, rather than trying to win a 1-1 firefight). However, I've seen more often than not that Kapkan's traps become more useful the longer a match goes. At the beginning people are looking for them, but as the round goes on I find Attackers tend to forget about them.

That is why you don't place any kapkan traps in the drone phase. :)

I love putting the shield in deceptive places.

They need to fix this bullshit with the shield (and Kapkan's gun placement especially) where it just won't let you put it down for no reason whatsoever. I swear I spend half of the initial fortifying stage just trying to put Kapkan's gun in a place where the stupid game will actually let me. It's so frustrating.

So bought this game yesterday and am really enjoying it. Took my time yesterday and 3 starred the first seven situations. Today I moved on to terrorist whatever- the coop mode. Had some bad games with some terrible players but also had a few good ones. I am liking the different operatives but especially liking blitz... at least against the AI. I do like the different abilities- none seem out of control or overpowered but rather a complement to a play style and a little bonus to the team if everyone chooses wisely. Think I will stick to the random coop mode for a few days and learn the maps that way before hitting MP too hard. Look forward to some GAF games.

Overall the game plays well to my tactical and meticulous side and I am usually first or second on the boards but I am just a noob playing coop on normal... In any case glad I bought this over Battlefront. Look forward to some future patches though.

Lol I just got the most random C4 kill to win a round in Ranked. I wish I had recorded it though :(

Nice!

I just got a c4 kill at the start of the round. Was completely away from the scene but just had a feeling (aided by the heartbeat sensor) that someone was within range.

Felt good.

Anyone got some good streams to watch of this... Or videos of terrorist hunt teamplay. I worry about mp with idiots with something this tactical, my clan I ran departed ways years ago. I'm still on the fence with purchasing this and also can you team up with certain people, like a two player terrorist hunt with a mate for example? Amazon have it for £30 atm.

Klyka

Banned
Anyone got some good streams to watch of this... Or videos of terrorist hunt teamplay. I worry about mp with idiots with something this tactical, my clan I ran departed ways years ago. I'm still on the fence with purchasing this and also can you team up with certain people, like a two player terrorist hunt with a mate for example? Amazon have it for £30 atm.

You can play terrorist hunt with 1-5 people and you can setup custom games with 2-10 people. I think custom games even have a spectator mode?

You can play terrorist hunt with 1-5 people and you can setup custom games with 2-10 people. I think custom games even have a spectator mode?

Oh cool, thanks. How do the ranked and casual matches work? Saw it mentioned about ranked being unlocked after a certain level or something.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Just to remind ps4 users, you can join the community to group up with people and play!

The easiest way to join the community is to send me a friend invite and ask but you can also try this process detailed below to find the community yourself. It does not require direct invites so hopefully you can find it.
http://imgur.com/a/0Bxdq

You can also search for my profile on ps4 then look at my joined communities and join that way!
My PSN is thetrinidad

JOIN TEAM PS4 RAINBOW SIX TODAY!

KodaRuss

31 next year and game makes me feel like I am learning counter-strike for the first time again.

it's something special and I hope people give them a couple days to fix the servers before new years and don't jump off of the game because of it.

The game has been steadily INCREASING it's community,would be a shame if people jumped ship now for something like this.

Well I am 30 and it is taking me back to my days of Rogue Spear. This game does rock and hopefully the community keeps building.

Klyka

Banned
That moment when you sit in one corner,looking at one stairwell and headshotting three people as they turn the corner one by one even though the guy in front of them just got shot.

EoMXXC3.gif

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
To be fair, a lot of console players should be used to this by now.

Killzone switches from 30 to 60 FPS for across multiplayer and singleplayer, even changes resolution. Uncharted 4 plans on doing the same I believe.

For some reason though, it comes hits you really hard on Siege, while on these other games, I barely notice it. I wonder why?
in most games the 30 fps is used for sp.. while t hunt can be played solo it's still a multiplayer focus

Klyka

Banned
So is anybody exicted for the hardcore mode? Seems like it's meant to be the 'true' experience

It'll only come out if the community is large enough to sustain 3 playlists.

And I don't think it's the "true" experience, it's more of an appeasement of the hardcore rainbow crowd who has been crying about this game tarnishing the good Rainbow Six name for months now.

It'll only come out if the community is large enough to sustain 3 playlists.

And I don't think it's the "true" experience, it's more of an appeasement of the hardcore rainbow crowd who has been crying about this game tarnishing the good Rainbow Six name for months now.

Yeah Ive noticed that the Ubisoft forums is somewhat bitter about this game not being hardcore enough

You guys have been the total opposite of the mood I see there.

What does that entail?

HUD Elements
Scoring indicator OFF
Threat indicator OFF
Hit indicator ON
Hit confirmation (gadgets & friendly fire only) OFF
Frag grenade indicator OFF
Teammate outline OFF
Kill confirmation on crosshair ON
Teammate name display ON
Crosshair ON
Reload indicator OFF
Health Bar ON
Weapon Panel ON
Compass ON
VS Notification ON
Kill Cam OFF

Played a couple of MP matches- what is with getting stuck in stairs? I have to lay down to get unstuck anyone else have this issue?

Yeah, had this happen a few times. Have also gotten stuck on floor breach charges and shit.

I really hope they're planning on addressing all these stupid glitches and bugs the game has, chief among them being the clipping through walls thing which straight-up ruins games.

Klyka

Banned
Yeah, had this happen a few times. Have also gotten stuck on floor breach charges and shit.

I really hope they're planning on addressing all these stupid glitches and bugs the game has, chief among them being the clipping through walls thing which straight-up ruins games.

We'll get a nice big patch in January that will probably fix a lot of stuff and add the new map + operators

It has happened to me three times in two matches. One time I was carrying the defuser for the team. Thought I was screwed. Played around for a bit and killed a terrorist while struggling but going prone always gets me out of it so it isn't game breaking but needs to be addressed. A game that requires teamwork and precision with no respawns needs to address these bugs quickly as the fan base will be more inclined to quit playing if they die because of bugs. Waiting for January seems counterintuitive to a game like this and that's a little disappointing.

Before I buy this, is it region locked in anyway? I'm in the EU but the US xbox store has it for 49 dollars and I can get a 50 dollar code for 39 euro. If I buy the US version, I should be good to play with EU people fine yeah? BO3 works fine and that's a US copy too.

I was with the team, at the beginning they are to my left while I'm at the window and at the end he's pushing forward while I ran around back to the window.
Meh, I breach same room different windows not 2 or 3 rooms up. Worked out well for you though so good on that! Also, do you find shooting holes in the Windows as more effective or meleeing them? I can see the benefit of just shooting through them and I never run out of bullets. Just goes against my nature.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Meh, I breach same room different windows not 2 or 3 rooms up. Worked out well for you though so good on that! Also, do you find shooting holes in the Windows as more effective or meleeing them? I can see the benefit of just shooting through them and I never run out of bullets. Just goes against my nature.

I shot into the Windows because I anticipated enemies being inside. And I didn't breach Windows on different floors, everywhere I went was the same level as where I intended to go.

You killed the whole team and planted the defuser.

You done good, boy.

Thanks bud. As I said, I'm still learning the game, but that round felt pretty damn good.

Was my first time running into a class that jams thermite as well.

manhack

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1362774-Holidays-Online-Degradation

Hello everyone,

We are aware that the experience is currently degraded for some players and wanted to confirm that the team is actively working on fixing those issues. It is our top priority and we will be releasing regular patches to improve connectivity and matchmaking over time.

With the holidays came a wave of new players and we are thrilled by the reactions and the amount of time that people are spending playing the game. This did stress our servers and matchmaking so we would like to thank you for your patience and for sharing the issues you encounter with us. Thanks for helping us better shape the future of the game.

The Rainbow Six Development Team

Top Bottom