• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

manhack

Yeah Ive noticed that the Ubisoft forums is somewhat bitter about this game not being hardcore enough

You guys have been the total opposite of the mood I see there.

Yeah ubisoft forums and Reddit to some extent are just whiners, bitchers and trolls.

Obviously the matchmaking is a fiasco and they deserve any ill will from that and I look forward to them putting in more quality of life updates. Aside from that I think they nailed the core gameplay and it seems silly to nitpick design decisions that have led to this game being so good despite it not falling into the mold of the previous R6 games.

manhack

I'll get on now. The matchmaking seems to have problems, and can't find any random players for me.

Good games. I think PC Gaf has been able to play the game pretty much non-stop. We still hit the occasional issue that requires us to reform parties or restart matchmaking, but we've been able to play.

Impulsor

I tried this out yesterday, played a match right out of the box, did not know what the eff I was doing, got called out for it (lol), finished match, went to the single player "tutorial" missions, did them, went back to online and proceeded to suck hard but this time knowing why.

So yeah.

I like this game :D

Sectus

I think I may have come across my first cheater in the game. In one match, one player did several things which seemed unnatural:
- One round came down to a 1-vs-1 situation, and the enemy breached into a room and opened fire as he entered. He fired twice into a seemingly random wall and got a headshot on our guy who was walking around in the other room.
- Same guy was sniping into a window and saw someone move around. He didn't hit the guy moving around, but he headshotted someone behind a wall.
- Same guy killed me once, and in the killcam it looked like his aiming snapped to where my head was very quickly.
- He was the last guy to be alive on his team in the final round. He was moving towards two windows where we had two guys rappelling (he would have known we were there as we killed 3 enemies from that position), and we also had a guy sneaking into the room from behind. In the final killcam, you could see the guy aiming at the window, but as he started firing he instantly turned around to the guy sneaking up towards and started firing against him instead (he was using a shotgun and our guy wasn't that close, so he couldn't kill him in time).

One or two of those events I could see as being just weird luck. But all four happening in the same match is making me think this is the first time I encountered an aimbot in the game. He even tried to brag at the end of the match by saying something along the lines "How many do I have to kill by myself ffs?"

He played as recruit half of the time, so that makes me think he was very new to the game too.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
VICTORY FOR PS4 GAF TONIGHT!

Some of the peeps I grouped up with tonight had it realllly rolling! We went something like 15-0 and just kept on winning!

This game is so awesome with a great team that just keeps steamrolling!

Next time we start Ranked.

Klyka

Banned
I can't believe people are wishing for the game to die off and people to sell it,just because of some server troubles.

Do people really have nothing else to do in their lives? Server problems that will obviously get fixed are enough to sell a game after owning it for 1 day?

Am I out of touch?

No, it's the gamers who are wrong.

nOoblet16

Remember how Battlefield 4 had a rough "launch" and by launch that's like first 6 months and more. People think BF4 is amazing now.
I think I may have come across my first cheater in the game. In one match, one player did several things which seemed unnatural:
- One round came down to a 1-vs-1 situation, and the enemy breached into a room and opened fire as he entered. He fired twice into a seemingly random wall and got a headshot on our guy who was walking around in the other room.
- Same guy was sniping into a window and saw someone move around. He didn't hit the guy moving around, but he headshotted someone behind a wall.
- Same guy killed me once, and in the killcam it looked like his aiming snapped to where my head was very quickly.
- He was the last guy to be alive on his team in the final round. He was moving towards two windows where we had two guys rappelling (he would have known we were there as we killed 3 enemies from that position), and we also had a guy sneaking into the room from behind. In the final killcam, you could see the guy aiming at the window, but as he started firing he instantly turned around to the guy sneaking up towards and started firing against him instead (he was using a shotgun and our guy wasn't that close, so he couldn't kill him in time).

One or two of those events I could see as being just weird luck. But all four happening in the same match is making me think this is the first time I encountered an aimbot in the game. He even tried to brag at the end of the match by saying something along the lines "How many do I have to kill by myself ffs?"

He played as recruit half of the time, so that makes me think he was very new to the game too.

Check this out https://youtu.be/K-UEDWmpCFM

Dirac1992

Neo Member
I bought this game on Steam yesterday but I can't get past the loading screen on startup (stuck on a black screen with a six on the lower left corner) ,
I've tried everything and I'm starting to get desesperate because I really want to play.
Specs:970 gtx, i5-6600k, 8gb ddr4 3200 Mhz, windows 10.
Any help will be appreciated.

Yep, that's the thing about the defenders in this game:

They have stuff that CAN kill/hurt you,but mostly they are supposed to do three things:

1) block of easy access to the objective and guiding the attackers down the path the defenders want them to go

2) slow down the attackers as much as possible to make the 5 minute timer go down

3) have the attackers make as much noise as early and as often as possible to know where they are

ubisoft, as you correctly say, basicaly balanced the game not around defender abilities necessarily killing attackers, but about giving the defenders the tools to properly setup to defend. they are still supposed to use their guns and not rely entirely on gadgets.

This is true for the defenders too btw, with only small exceptions like Fuze

This is a great summary of why I think the design of this game is so well done. Ubisoft nailed the balance between planning, abilities and gunplay to the point where you can't solely rely on just one.

I'd even say that though Fuze's grenades are lethal as hell, once the community learns more about how to play against them their main utility will be not killing but clearing a room of defenders before a breach or just making sure the defenders aren't bunched up at all. Alternatively, a good Fuze would force defenders to play more outside of the objective rooms so that he can't predict where they will be.

Anyone playing on PC and pubbing needs to check out the GAF discord, lots of good games going on in there every night after 9-10ish EST.

Sectus

That definitely makes me think he was using that or something similar. His aim behaviour was very similar in that he could be looking away from someone but as he held down aim his camera would move exactly to where the enemy's head was.

I hope Ubisoft has a good system for tracking these cheats. On the bright side, I've played for nearly 100 hours and I've only encountered a cheater once (well, only encountered one who was blatantly cheating anyway).

Klyka

Banned
That definitely makes me think he was using that or something similar. His aim behaviour was very similar in that he could be looking away from someone but as he held down aim his camera would move exactly to where the enemy's head was.

I hope Ubisoft has a good system for tracking these cheats. On the bright side, I've played for nearly 100 hours and I've only encountered a cheater once (well, only encountered one who was blatantly cheating anyway).

I think they use fairfight,which takes a while to get itself properly set up but then is pretty decent.

I saw many people get banned by it on BLOPS3.

Thanks bud. As I said, I'm still learning the game, but that round felt pretty damn good.

Was my first time running into a class that jams thermite as well.

If you want a tip, get rid of the laser sight on all weapons you've got it on. All it does is trace a beam right back to you; you shouldn't ever be firing from the hip.

-Deimos

I had a funny experience with some cheaters the other day. The enemy team was destroying mine and 3 of our guys left the match. My only remaining teammate decided that the other team was cheating and wouldn't let them win without a fight, so he activated his own aimbot to counter theirs. My teammate's aimbot must have been better than theirs or something because he ended up winning us 2 rounds before they won. It was pretty hilarious to watch.

Oh and yesterday, our last remaining teammate got banned immediately after killing an enemy, costing us the round. The entire lobby was losing their shit after watching him snap to a guy through a wall, get a headshot, and then get booted from the game followed by the "You lose" message.

Klyka

Banned
I had a funny experience with some cheaters the other day. The enemy team was destroying mine and 3 of our guys left the match. My only remaining teammate decided that the other team was cheating and wouldn't let them win without a fight, so he activated his own aimbot to counter theirs. My teammate's aimbot must have been better than theirs or something because he ended up winning us 2 rounds before they won. It was pretty hilarious to watch.

Oh and yesterday, our last remaining teammate got banned immediately after killing an enemy, costing us the round. The entire lobby was losing their shit after watching him snap to a guy through a wall, get a headshot, and then get booted from the game followed by the "You lose" message.

He was not the hero you wanted, but the one you needed right then.

nOoblet16

The fact that he had an aimbot ready at his disposal is curious. Considering the time it takes to set up means it cannot be done from scratch mid match :p

-Deimos

The fact that he had an aimbot ready at his disposal is curious. Considering the time it takes to set up means it cannot be done from scratch mid match :p

He probably had it on the entire time then, he just didn't bother to try to hide it at the end. Dude ran to a spot overlooking the enemy team's spawn right when the round started, waited for the action phase then took out 3-4 guys as soon as it started.

I still can't understand people using aimbot. Why would you do this? Just to piss everyone off?

To convince yourself that you're good. Folks who aren't good at the games will claim it "levels the playing field" by letting them enjoy the game against better players. Now before you scoff, keep this in mind: that's actually how they think.

Now, you may scoff.

Gowans

Just bought this on the Xbox one sale, game is great. So tense and tactical.

Didn't get this from the demo, I'm even loving the situation challenges.

PC Siege GAF is just great to play with.

Even when we lose (usually because I try to Ash-breach of Bandit-jolt the hostage) it's hilarious.

And more often than not, the poor opfor gets rolled or clutched in ways that our descendants will honor for generations.

Get in there, people.

Freeman76

I know a lot of purists will disagree but i really hope they add sharpshooter and survival to this, these maps will be so good for those modes.

Some of the matches are so laggy does anyone know if they have confirmed issues with PS4 servers?

T-hunt is fine but if i play vs its really choppy when im strafing

Freeman76

On the scoreboard is the connection equal to ping? My game seems a bit sketchy and this connection number is usually 50-100?

My singing this game's praises made 3 friends pick it up, and oh boy playing this game with 3 other friends with mics is the best experience. That said, matchmaking seems to struggle with 4 people in a party, 3 people is fine. Guess because most people are in parties with friends = less solo people to join our squad of 4? Idk.

My singing this game's praises made 3 friends pick it up, and oh boy playing this game with 3 other friends with mics is the best experience. That said, matchmaking seems to struggle with 4 people in a party, 3 people is fine. Guess because most people are in parties with friends = less solo people to join our squad of 4? Idk.

I switched routers and it magically started working with my 3 other friends. Apparently the router my ISP gave me didn't have ideal settings? I'm honestly not too sure.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Any guesses as to what type of operators we'll be getting? I honestly can't think of anything.

I've overheard some interesting ideas from folks:
  • Defender with deployable cameras.
  • Attacker with NVG who can temporarily disable lights.
  • Thermal goggles that can see through smoke.
  • Defender who can quickly punch murder holes (my suggestion).
  • Operative with Willie Pete grenades.
I want to know who's next!

I've overheard some interesting ideas from folks:
  • Defender with deployable cameras.
  • Attacker with NVG who can temporarily disable lights.
  • Thermal goggles that can see through smoke.
  • Defender who can quickly punch murder holes (my suggestion).
  • Operative with Willie Pete grenades.
I want to know who's next!

Okay these sound about right. I don't know why but my mind tries to imagine more outrageous possibilities.

In addition to operators, what other game modes are you expecting?

Something where both teams have to search for a target hiding somewhere on the map and kill/secure him/her.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
In addition to operators, what other game modes are you expecting?
I haven't considered it.

They can't exactly ape counter strike and socom's bomb mode... because defenders are designed from the ground up to slow attackers, not necessarily take them on in open combat. This honestly pulls the rug out from under the vast majority of competitive game modes.

Idk what they'll do.

I'd like to see a mode that utilizes more of the maps. Some of them are huge and the current modes only make use of a tiny section of each. The outdoor areas especially seem wasted.

Freeman76

I haven't considered it.

They can't exactly ape counter strike and socom's bomb mode... because defenders are designed from the ground up to slow attackers, not necessarily take them on in open combat. This honestly pulls the rug out from under the vast majority of competitive game modes.

Idk what they'll do.

They could design new operators for new game modes possibly?

Top Bottom