• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Okay these sound about right. I don't know why but my mind tries to imagine more outrageous possibilities.
Yeah, I expect basic stuff. I also see it as an opportunity to create more dynamics with existing operators. I have a feeling they've had an op roadmap for a long time. People rag on IQ, but what if the plan was always for her to be able to detect hidden, deployable cameras? Sure C4 you can hear, but a tiny, silent camera? There's probably lots of ways they could play off existing ops in this way. Interesting to consider at least.

Something where both teams have to search for a target hiding somewhere on the map and kill/secure him/her.
For reasons mentioned above, I don't expect anything like this or other traditional MP modes. Attackers and Defenders are not on equal footing for a central objective, or even head to head.

Clydebink

Neo Member
Operator ideas:
-Someone who can see footprints.
-A defender with a tape-recorder that they can place. It would play sounds of scuffling, setting traps and such.
-A defender who can climb up open trapdoors.
-An attacker who can breach trapdoors above them.
-A defender who can place a mirror.
-An attacker with a periscope (it could drill through an unbreachable wall to look around).
-A defender that doesn't take fall damage
-Defenders who can supply their team with additional c4 or barbed-wire.
-A defender who can slowly and loudly move the hostage or one of the bombs.

arimanius

Operator ideas:
-Someone who can see footprints.
-A defender with a tape-recorder that they can place. It would play sounds of scuffling, setting traps and such.
-A defender who can climb up open trapdoors.
-An attacker who can breach trapdoors above them.
-A defender who can place a mirror.
-An attacker with a periscope (it could drill through an unbreachable wall to look around).
-A defender that doesn't take fall damage
-Defenders who can supply their team with additional c4 or barbed-wire.
-A defender who can slowly and loudly move the hostage or one of the bombs.

Interesting ideas. Isn't the bold Ash unless you mean reinforced trapdoors?

Evolved1

Operator ideas:

I would love to see the intro vid for operator ECHO.

Although this would be a better attacker than defender.

It wouldn't surprise me if they introduced an operator with a fiber wire camera.

I think in one of the promo pics for the next operators, one of them is holding a knife up. Wonder if we'll have some kind of close-quarters expert, though I'm not sure what they could do with that idea in this game.

Evolved1

It wouldn't surprise me if they introduced an operator with a fiber wire camera.

I think in one of the promo pics for the next operators, one of them is holding a knife up. Wonder if we'll have some kind of close-quarters expert, though I'm not sure what they could do with that idea in this game.
There are promo pics?

Edit: nvm found it. Looks like the guy has an underbarrel, huh...

I wonder if a Terrorist Hunt mode would be feasible with real people? Keeping the 5v5 dynamic, the terrorists could maybe respawn with a max limit of 25 lives total while the other team were just 5. Obviously the teams would have to be balanced right with the terrorists more easily kill-able since they have more people.

I'd just like to see some kind of mode where you can respawn.

As for operators, I'd like to see a proper medic character who can heal teammates while they're still alive or a mechanic-type who can fix blown up reinforced barricades and the like.

There are promo pics?

Also, your avatar is amazing.

Man I would love to see an operator capable of turning off the lights on some of the darker maps

Oh man, I REALLY hope we can get some night vision goggles at some point.

Oh man, I REALLY hope we can get some night vision goggles at some point.
Turning the lights off+ night vision would be amazing. Too op probably, lol.

I mean they have the mode in terrorist hunt where each character is equipped with a gas mask and the whole map is covered in smokes deadly gas. I don't see why it wouldnt be feasible to have each character using night vision in a similar set up even in 5v5 mode.

Evolved1

The knife operator is a woman. You can tell from another pic. I wonder what the gadget is.

Edit: or maybe not, same pic just cropped weirdly.

I mean they have the mode in terrorist hunt where each character is equipped with a gas mask and the whole map is covered in smokes deadly gas. I don't see why it wouldnt be feasible to have each character using night vision in a similar set up even in 5v5 mode.

I should play situations, lol. Level 60 and never played one of them.

Yeah, and if they DO have someone who can control lights (EMP can take some out currently, I think), that might work as a counterpart to it. Make it so flashbangs basically destroy NVGs to balance, too.

Just bought this on PS4 off amazon. WIll be here on the 31st. Was gonna get it on the X1 since it's on sale but I don't have a headset for it. Looking forward to diving into it :)

What is sharpshooter and survival

Akso, Id love traditional modes that utilize more of the map. Itd be great if they coukd somehow give everyone the same pool of players for a more traditional bomb mode or something

Man I would love to see an operator capable of turning off the lights on some of the darker maps
Better yet, an operator who has the power to change the night and day cycle of the map. We'll call him Wizard.

But seriously I would like to see operators who:
-can carry extra flash bangs or smokes
-can set an ammo crate
-has a breach that blinds anyone who looks at the explosion
-can set cameras
-can booby trap barricades to create huge explosions when breached (this would make op like IQ much more important)

What is sharpshooter and survival

Akso, Id love traditional modes that utilize more of the map. Itd be great if they coukd somehow give everyone the same pool of players for a more traditional bomb mode or something

They were modes in R6: Vegas. Neither were respawn afaik but they were single life modes.

Ooccoo

Operators

Chameleon (defence): blends with the environment, semi-invisible for a short duration

Ninja (attack): can throw knives and kill people in one hit (close quarters)

Pacifist (defence): uses non lethal weapons (stun gun and flash nades) that incapacitate players. Can handcuff players who then can't use weapons/tools.

Kamikaze (attack): uses pistols/SMGs, has a bomb that he/she can detonate to deal massive damage.

Enco

Gotta be really careful with new modes.

Don't want to spread players too thin over loads of different things to do like in some games.

Klyka

Banned
Gotta be really careful with new modes.

Don't want to spread players too thin over loads of different things to do like in some games.

Honestly, instead of full on new playlists, it would be sweet if they concentrated on adding more objectives that just get added into the standard rotations

Onikaan

That is why you don't place any kapkan traps in the drone phase. :)

See, I do place them in the drone round. But I place them a distance away from the objective down main hallways, then board the door up to hide it.

Lots of folk fall for it, as they don't expect triggers to be placed at the other end of the building from the objective.

There's lots of reverse phycology at work in this game, its pretty cool. :)

DeaviL

Banned
If you own it on Steam but launch it on Uplay, you'll still need Steam to run it.

I'll take it.

Edit. Anything i need to look out for when it comes to settings of uPlay and Steam?
Ex. disabling the overlay for better compatibility or something like this?

Think I'm gonna have to pick this up on PC, too :p

Honestly, instead of full on new playlists, it would be sweet if they concentrated on adding more objectives that just get added into the standard rotations

Would love this and would make it even more old school R6. Loved the multi-objective SP missions.

Im watching some more gameplay, and the game looks a lot more fun when attackers dont know where the objective is.

When they use drones, they just zero in on the location and it's over quickly.

But when they dont know where the objective is, they are entering homes very carefully, using drones to check for tripwires, clearing rooms together and sometimes taking risks to manage the timer.

I personally dislike the whole drone phase, but I like drones being used within the action phase itself.

I'm guessing that they wont remove the phase, just because there are some operators who can scramble drones.

If they add new modes I hope they aren't too different from what is there and fit into the same rotation so it's not a separate playlist. Maybe one where defenders could move around the hostage but make it so the attackers only have to kill the hostage.

But please absolutely DO NOT add a respawning mode. I love that Siege committed to it's vision of 5v5 one life modes and is laser focused on it. Respawning modes would ruin this game and split the playerbase like crazy.

If they add new modes I hope they aren't too different from what is there and fit into the same rotation so it's not a separate playlist. Maybe one where defenders could move around the hostage but make it so the attackers only have to kill the hostage.

But please absolutely DO NOT add a respawning mode. I love that Siege committed to it's vision of 5v5 one life modes and is laser focused on it. Respawning modes would ruin this game and split the playerbase like crazy.

Do you think a 5v5, team deathmatch mode with no respawns would work? It would become a campfest, of course, but just include a timer and it'll at least force the losing team to be aggressive.

Im watching some more gameplay, and the game looks a lot more fun when attackers dont know where the objective is.

When they use drones, they just zero in on the location and it's over quickly.

But when they dont know where the objective is, they are entering homes very carefully, using drones to check for tripwires, clearing rooms together and sometimes taking risks to manage the timer.

I personally dislike the whole drone phase, but I like drones being used within the action phase itself.

I'm guessing that they wont remove the phase, just because there are some operators who can scramble drones.

I never thought about it but you are right. Id much rather that whole drone phase were eliminated if at least just in ranked. The thing is though that time is used so that the defenders can set up their defense so it definitely won't change

Defenders need the planning phase. Plus, as much as I like the tension brought when you don't know where the objective is, you can waste a LOT of time trying to find it, especially on the bigger maps. All that really does is encourage splitting up, which (like defenders running outside for too long) is against the general philosophy of the game.

Do you think a 5v5, team deathmatch mode with no respawns would work? It would become a campfest, of course, but just include a timer and it'll at least force the losing team to be aggressive.

Hmm, I think that would lead to just lots of camping as you say. I think the sides are set up well for offense vs defense, and defenders advantage is a big thing in this game so there would be no incentive to move out and attack in a mode based purely on kills. There's also the fact that the different sides have weapons that help with their objective, attackers generally have better long range guns and defenders have powerful but shorter range stuff.

Top Bottom