• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAMEN UNITED: The Official NeoGAF FIFA 11 Club (360)

sneaky77

k0ji-wd said:
we played one team who had the emirates as their stadium but their cpu players were the actual Arsenal players like Nasri, Fabregas, etc. I would guess it's some kind of hack u can do on modded xboxes if the ea forums are to be believed.

we're level 26 atm and the stadiums get better, but they're all the generic ones.

with the faces and everything? or maybe they were created players to be like arsenal players?

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Game froze after we scored that winning goal, just gave up. Somebody tie my boots together and throw them on a telephone pole or something, i fucking hate this game

k0ji-wd

yeah seriously man. . .i honestly can't get over is why some of u guys still insist on playing on manual or even semi, i know there's the excuse 'i can put the ball where i want to put it' but it's completely ridiculous not because you guys aren't skilled but because online clubs has so many variables when it comes to the connection, the quality of the CPU players and the opponents that we need every single bit of help we can get. i'd rather a pass go to someone rather then to no one at all.

when 99.99% of all teams play with full auto, what's the point in making life harder? because instead of one pass going to 'where you want it to go' it takes 5, 6 passes that go astray or to the opposition before we hit that 'one pass'. i'll tell you i play with full auto except lob, and crossing and if that makes me some kind of pussy then i'm a pussy.

i honestly could care less about playing 'beautiful football' in fifa clubs because there's no such thing. when the opposition team does the OTT through ball glitch and score off kickoff we're the ones that look like pussies.

and this isn't about caring too much about winning, but it's the way that we're losing. . .u tell me out of however many losses we've had in the last couple days how many you felt weren't cheap or as the result of goals scored off of under hit semi passes? i know how skilled some most of u are and that makes it even harder to swallow (that's what she said).

i gotta say i think i'm done, sorry, but i'll drop this mega dope ass club video before i let the door hit me on the way out.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
not that i have a strong opinion on it but do that many people play on manual/semi? i've been on full auto since day one (not that this totally avoids some really head-scratching passes with my guy who's supposed to be a 95+ passer though unfortunately)

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
I gotta agree with koji on some level here, as the biggest proponent in the world of real life joga bonito, at some point you have to weigh the misery of losing versus the perceived added value of manual passing. Nobody should be on manual. I don't think semi a-button passes is harmful just because it is the same thing as assisted from fifa 09. Crossing should also be semi for pros so you can actually aim it where you want it, the assisted will put it in the same spot regardless of aim (this is useful for bad crossing skill players like the any will have)

And you're not going anywhere koj, when I get back from portland i'll wash the bad taste out of your mouth with golazo.

sneaky77

I'm not sure how switching passing to auto is going to help when you hit pass, or clear or head the ball.. but the player does not react. But I can try it for clubs.. I'll leave my crossing as semi though.
I think is clear the glitches are starting to be exploited as well.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i think we were 2-4 in the games i played yesterday but 2 of the losses we could have very easily won. i always get frustrated in the moment but i always come back when i have the time. only thing that could keep me away for good would be persistent connection issues (mostly gone for me) or rampant (>50% of games) and aggressive glitching. i mean when you lose 1-0 or 2-1 or whatever even if the decisive goal was "cheap" it's hard to make a particularly cogent argument that the loss was completely undeserved; as a good team you should be able to score a couple goals.

now yeah if some guys come in and do the same play and it's 4-0 then fuck that. but i honestly think at that point we should just quit and not waste the time. like in that game against the cheapish team yesterday i would have been more than happy for everyone to quit and for us to have another go. the good games are long enough that i don't have any compunctions whatsoever about not spending an extra 20m of my life just so some asshole team can hear the final whistle and save their replays. plus those games are just depressing. if people are starting to slide tackle and do stuff like that because they feel the game is so out of hand (been there myself don't worry) honestly i would way rather bail and have another try. there are still more than enough good games to be had.

Rough night on Clubs last night. I haven't really gotten back into form after not playing a lot recently. I feel like my passing is shitty plus my defense still isn't up to snuff. I'll mess around with my passing settings and see if that helps at all.

koji - just take a break or something. Not worth getting angry over the game, but it'd be awful if you quit permanently.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
that's what's funny is that sometimes there will be a horrible pass or whatever and you'll be like NOOOOO when really all it was was that the person pressed at the perfect time with what should have been the perfect amount of power and for whatever reason FIFA decided to make the pass go out of bounds or drop right in between two people or go to the only defender in the area. sometimes there's nothing you can do about it (other than spend 20 hours a day getting better at manual than you would be at auto/semi i guess :lol)

only person i'm mad at is koji for not shooting that empty net equalizer! screw you koji! good riddance! (kidding)

It's the short ones that bother me. If I try a 50-yd cross field through ball and it gets intercepted, it's not that big of a deal.

Magicked

I'm glad I didn't play last night! :lol

If a game isn't going well for the team, I'm all for dropping out. Honestly, our rank will never be high enough to be at the very top, so why worry about it? Just play to have fun.

I agree with the manual control sentiment. I think the biggest thing is the throughballs, which I always forget to change back to auto... Semi short passes work well enough. Manual long balls work great, because it charges fast enough that you have time to play the pass.

Magicked

Cornballer said:
Magicked are you still playing Manager Mode?

I can't stop. I like to play it when I just want to jump on and beat some ass with Arsenal. :D

I've always been a sucker for manager mode/master league since my PES days.

I lost interest once I cranked it up to World Class. The AI felt really cheap. Might see if I can get back into it now if I'm not playing anything else.

Magicked

Cornballer said:
I lost interest once I cranked it up to World Class. The AI felt really cheap. Might see if I can get back into it now if I'm not playing anything else.

World class is tough, but I think I'm finally getting used to it. I've managed to go 4-0-0 at the start of this season, but I've played Bolton, Blackburn, Birmingham, and West Ham. I was down 0-2 at home to Bolton, but managed to pull it back to win 3-2 in the last 15 minutes of the game with some magic from RVP.

I usually play 10 minute halves, which seems to lead to pretty realistic games. I take my time and pass the ball around the midfield, then look for space to exploit.

I must say that the difficulty of world class increases exponentially with each alcoholic beverage I consume. :lol

Magicked said:
I can't stop. I like to play it when I just want to jump on and beat some ass with Arsenal. :D

I've always been a sucker for manager mode/master league since my PES days.

Do players get better now? I stopped playing CM because after a season where I would loan out the young guys, or implement them in my team, they didn't improve at all. I hope that is fixed.

Magicked

Awesome Animals said:
Do players get better now? I stopped playing CM because after a season where I would loan out the young guys, or implement them in my team, they didn't improve at all. I hope that is fixed.

Not sure. I'm not far enough along with my new season. I never play more than one season anyway, so it's only an annoyance for me.

I do wish PES was still good though. Man, the ML was the best thing ever for single player. :D

Menelaus said:
Not tonight...about to leave in search of 4 Lokos. :lol

You should have no trouble. The only thing changing is that they won't have energy enhanceing substances. Still the same great alcohol percent and shitty taste :D

People were buying cases at a time, and I struck up a chat with the local liquor shop owner and he told me that statement and laughed at the money he was making from stupid people.

Menelaus

Banned
Welp, couldn't find a single one. Some stores still had the shelves labeled for them, some told me "NO! THAT IS A DRUG! THAT IS ILLEGAL!" in broken english, and some just ignored the question.

Anyways, who's up for some clubs?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Menelaus said:
Welp, couldn't find a single one. Some stores still had the shelves labeled for them, some told me "NO! THAT IS A DRUG! THAT IS ILLEGAL!" in broken english, and some just ignored the question.

Anyways, who's up for some clubs?
Perfect timing just got back; I'll be on in 10.

ijm72

Good games tonight guys we only lost 1 out 6-7 matches. We should have won more but were unlucky. The last couple of games I switched to auto passing and it makes a big difference when playing any. I guess I will play that way from now on when playing any.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yeah really good games. even that last draw we could have won 5-1 if the fifa gods didn't hate us for that match.

k0ji-wd

Good news everyone!

Since semi-retiring from active playing duty, I've been more focused on my duties as the manager and I can now reveal that I've been in contact with Mick McCarthy and we've agreed a deal to transfer Zubar (black version) from Ramen to Wolves for an undisclosed fee ($20 and a copy of Black Ops). Still seeking a buyer for white man Zubar though.

2lcqiht.jpg

Rejoice!

k0ji-wd said:
Good news everyone!

Since semi-retiring from active playing duty, I've been more focused on my duties as the manager and I can now reveal that I've been in contact with Mick McCarthy and we've agreed a deal to transfer Zubar (black version) from Ramen to Wolves for an undisclosed fee ($20 and a copy of Black Ops). Still seeking a buyer for white man Zubar though.

2lcqiht.jpg

Rejoice!
:lol

k0ji-wd said:
Good news everyone!

2lcqiht.jpg

Rejoice!

goddammit, I'm running out of generics to pin the blame on when we lose, once White Zubar and Wardle (that guy is just as bad as Zubar) are both gone, everyone is gonna start realizing I'm really the one to blame...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
pretty good day for the club yesterday though. we should be top 50 and maybe even top 25 in the us in no time

Top Bottom