• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAMEN UNITED: The Official NeoGAF FIFA 11 Club (360)

Wouldn't let me connect to the EA Servers again. Which is weird because I was able to connect to the COD servers after several tries. I'm going to contact Time Warner today and get them to bring a new router out here, in the mean time I am heading to campus to grab some food before class.

sneaky77

Awesome Animals said:
Wouldn't let me connect to the EA Servers again. Which is weird because I was able to connect to the COD servers after several tries. I'm going to contact Time Warner today and get them to bring a new router out here, in the mean time I am heading to campus to grab some food before class.

this happened to me for about a month in 2009.. then it sort of fixed itself.

k0ji-wd said:
thanks astro!

and vis uve really become a motherfucking brick wall at the back. . .though if u would just pass the ball a little harder and a little earlier every time you'd be my favourite player :D

thanx, yeah im def getting more comfortable back there, I still make questionable decisions sometimes, panic clearing it when I shouldn't and vice versa, but at least I recognize my mistakes and hopefully can start making better decisions.

ill work on being more decisive and accurate with my passing, I realized a few of my longer passes came up a little short and stopped your momentum last night so I'll power them up a little more, although I'm always worried I'll bash it out of bounds or waaay too far when I power past 75% of the bar.

Regarding being quicker, one thing you have to keep in mind is I play on co-op cam and even though it's zoomed out I can't really see anyone down the field when I initially win the ball back so I usually try to play it forwards and short to the ANY rather than kicking quick long balls down the field. It doesn't help that our formations rarely have midfield players that play in the midfield, when I get the ball you guys are usually busy streaking down towards the goal getting ready for long balls and sometimes that doesn't leave me very many good medium range pass options.

oh yeah and defensively when I'm there, I'm kinda liking playing with 4 in the back rather than 5, gives the CPU better spacing, prevents the fullbacks/wingbacks from wandering up the field as much and helps me stick to a specific area. With 5 in the back, the other 2 A.I. CB's always try to switch positions with me and we all end up out of position and not ready to deal with the rush as well as being too condensed leaving gaping holes.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yeah i noticed sometimes the midfield was just totally empty. on the one hand you have our guys playing up and on the other you have the cpu cdms doing god knows what but never being in a position to receive a pass. that was why i dropped back to midfield for a game or two to try to set up some connections there

sneaky77 said:
this happened to me for about a month in 2009.. then it sort of fixed itself.

This isn't the first time this has happened to me either. That is the most frustrating thing about it. I'm calling my internet provider and making them bring a new router.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Me and sneaky with cameo from Viz went 9-1-4 today, nearly got us back to level 27! Still ridiculous that a loss costs you 60 points and a win gets you 12 or 15 most of the time.

Also, in more important news, apparently when I switched my player to shitty stupid Palermo it screwed him up and was showing as "undefined" for club and all my stats were just the bonuses I had received sooooooo now I'm back to my three hat tricks in a row scoring ways, nobody worry, the title is ours :D

QVT and sneaky used some combination of hypnosis & reverse psychology and convinced me to play CDM today, we won a bunch of games and I even scored a goal...with my feet no less... but I felt dirty, like I cheated on my defender buddies playing with those sissy midfielders like Zubar :D

QVT

Sucks Awesome :(

Anyone want to play? koji wake up! Ragnar stop watching spaceship shit!

sorry guys I played two really poor games in a row, thankfully Ragnar was able to will us to at least a draw in the last one, I was a little rusty at CB after playing CDM all day, I'll do better next time with clearing quickly and not getting beat on that cutback move at the top of the box

Menelaus said:
I actually thought our D played ok. It's really hard to compensate for the shitty exploit over the top pass from kickoff.

Those over-the-passes don't really bother me much when I play CB especially when they only have 1 man making the run. We did defend them pretty well, but you don't have to sugarcoat it, I messed up everything else, simple ass stuff that shouldn't be happening after playing almost 100 games of club. That last team was garbage, they probably shouldn't have even scored once, but I gift-wrapped 4 goals for them.

k0ji-wd

AstroLad said:
what basically happened is koji ditched the team to focus on his directorial career

dude, the plan is for me to win an oscar soon so i can bitch about rutter/ea when i accept my award

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
hey fellas, little question thats been bugging me.

What stadium do you guys play in?

My club is only level 14/15 and we've unlocked like really lame stadiums. But we haven't actually changed from the default stadium cos no one could be bothered.

But we actually play in the Emirates when we play at home. How has this happened?

a) Emirates doesn't seem to be one of the unlockable options in the club manager menu
b) Our level is too low to have unlocked cool stadiums, nevermind a sweet one like Emirates
c) No one has selected the Emirates

I'm scared to try out another stadium in case it bumps Emirates out. We actually get messages from other teams asking us how we managed to unlock the Emirates.

As far as I can gather, we just left it on default and our stadium changed as we went up in rank.

(we don't use the arsenal kit or anything)

Nightz

TheVisualizer said:
That last team was garbage, they probably shouldn't have even scored once, but I gift-wrapped 4 goals for them.
3 goals, I gave them one with the own goal. Had a lag spike and the next thing I knew, I was kicking the ball into our net. Not making excuses though since I was pretty bad. I thought I could jump right back in after a 3 week hiatus, guess not.

k0ji-wd

s5kd1y.jpg

wbx8qf.jpg

2rhve60.jpg

2lkqh3b.png

35m4n6r.jpg

QVT

I've only said "No! I will not pass you the fucking ball!" 10 or 12 times don't know if it should be my slogan... :lol

QVT

Menelaus said:
I'm a working stiff, unfortunately. I might be able to grab a game or 3 on lunch in an hour, though.

Nah, you need your eating time. I'll be aaround all day if anybody wants to play though just post.

Nightz said:
3 goals, I gave them one with the own goal. Had a lag spike and the next thing I knew, I was kicking the ball into our net. Not making excuses though since I was pretty bad. I thought I could jump right back in after a 3 week hiatus, guess not.

yeah but I botched it twice before it fell into your lap for the own goal :lol

love my banner k0ji

Magicked

:lol k0ji.

I'll see if I can get you another picture of my guy with an afro. That would fit the "little white guy" even better!

k0ji-wd

kaizoku said:
hey fellas, little question thats been bugging me.

What stadium do you guys play in?

My club is only level 14/15 and we've unlocked like really lame stadiums. But we haven't actually changed from the default stadium cos no one could be bothered.

But we actually play in the Emirates when we play at home. How has this happened?

a) Emirates doesn't seem to be one of the unlockable options in the club manager menu
b) Our level is too low to have unlocked cool stadiums, nevermind a sweet one like Emirates
c) No one has selected the Emirates

I'm scared to try out another stadium in case it bumps Emirates out. We actually get messages from other teams asking us how we managed to unlock the Emirates.

As far as I can gather, we just left it on default and our stadium changed as we went up in rank.

(we don't use the arsenal kit or anything)

we played one team who had the emirates as their stadium but their cpu players were the actual Arsenal players like Nasri, Fabregas, etc. I would guess it's some kind of hack u can do on modded xboxes if the ea forums are to be believed.

we're level 26 atm and the stadiums get better, but they're all the generic ones.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
k0ji-wd said:
we played one team who had the emirates as their stadium but their cpu players were the actual Arsenal players like Nasri, Fabregas, etc. I would guess it's some kind of hack u can do on modded xboxes if the ea forums are to be believed.
:lol wow #thingsthatmakeyougladyoucanquitwithin5m

Top Bottom