• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAMEN UNITED: The Official NeoGAF FIFA 11 Club (360)

This is the best FIFA has ever been, and I guess it speaks volumes that we're now at a point where we're complaining about the lack of polish rather than a lack of gameplay! It still needs to cut down the amount of pre-set uninterrupted animation cycles it uses, which drives me up the wall.

Regardless of your balance, agility, reactions, once you're in that stumble animation you're in it for 3 seconds. Once you've been tackled and your player decides to complain about it, despite the ball being free and next to him to win back, you have sit and watch him complain about it, etc.

I agree with you guys that the gameplay is good in this edition. I'm speaking more about the problems I've had with Pro Clubs networking being screwed up, crashing out of Career Mode and Quick Play occasionally, and the labyrinthine menu system.

Magicked

bowie_labyrinth.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
that is a solid gameface epik. almost on my level but i would definitely put it at #2 from those i've seen. quite accurate

k0ji-wd

played a few more club games. . .

one game we're 3-0 down after 30 minutes, second half, PEPE scores a volley, I score a finesse shot from outside the box, 3-2, we go all out attack, chance after chance including 2 headers off the line by PEPE, 70% possession. 90th minute we win a FK, I curve it and it hits the bar, bounces off the GK and into PEPE's feet. . .who misses the open goal :lol

Another game I'm playing as Any and the lag is fuuuuucked, like 5 sec delay, i needed a delorian to play that match. We get a red card while the other team hammer the shit out of us, like 22 shots to 1 but they can't score, our GK pulling off save after save. In added time the GK kicks it up to PEPE who, using all his 7'0 500 pounds takes it easily, i realise he's going to through ball it, and start jamming the goddamn shoot button 5 seconds BEFORE he even makes the pass, and score. We scream in ecstasy, while the other team quits immediately. 3-0.

this is the kind of crazy shit that clubs is all about despite the shittiness of the servers.

AstroLad said:
can you get silver & gold accomplishments by playing online games vs. friends? that would be an awesome way to cheese, especially for some of those gold ones that are like make 500 slide tackles
Did some searching online and there were two comments about easier ways to do it:
You can get the "Beginner" accomplishments in offline 1v1
You can go on unranked matches with friends and noob your way up
Haven't tried this out yet, so I can't confirm...

Magicked

:lol Nice k0ji.

Cornballer said:
Did some searching online and there were two comments about easier ways to do it:

Haven't tried this out yet, so I can't confirm...

I did nearly all (still have like 5 more left) of the beginner achievements by playing offline 1v1 vs myself. I would make the keeper run out of goal and then shoot from distance and whatnot. :lol

AstroLad said:
ah if it's only beginner accomplishments then not all that useful :/ (at least for me)
That's for offline. Might be able to go to unranked online matches with us and get some of the intermediate/advanced ones if that's how it works.

Magicked said:
I did nearly all (still have like 5 more left) of the beginner achievements by playing offline 1v1 vs myself. I would make the keeper run out of goal and then shoot from distance and whatnot. :lol
You had one from a good 40-50 yards last night in one of our Clubs matches, too.

Magicked

Cornballer said:
You had one from a good 40-50 yards last night in one of our Clubs matches, too.

Yea, that one was awesome. :lol

I used the long ball pass for it though, rather than shoot.

I was bummed that match because we were getting hammered. I finally scored after stripping their keeper, but then I crashed in that own goal on the very next play when trying to clear the ball off the line. :lol

My game face turned out pretty well too:

Picture14.jpg

Crappy webcam shot taken at this moment. Although, on FIFA it didn't come out looking right, and my face looks much smaller and younger than I feel it should be.

SmokingBarrelX said:
My game face turned out pretty well too:

Picture14.jpg

Crappy webcam shot taken at this moment. Although, on FIFA it didn't come out looking right, and my face looks much smaller and younger than I feel it should be.

Good to see you man :D

Menelaus

Banned
Any chance I could get added? (posted info earlier in thread)

I hate playing pub matches...and I have an awesomely lifelike gameface too :lol

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So what is the concensus on clubs? I posted back in the first page and have withheld purchase in the hopes that theres a good following and everything is stable. So are there many gaffers on most nights? (GMT so around midday-5 est) and is it playable?

I ask because if i get it ill pretty much be up for games every night all night :eek:

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah there seem to be at least 4-5 fifagaffers on every night. Pretty sure there's been games (or ahem attempts at games) each of the past five nights.

k0ji-wd

Menelaus said:
Any chance I could get added? (posted info earlier in thread)

I hate playing pub matches...and I have an awesomely lifelike gameface too :lol

Sent you a FR.

epik07, your friends list is full.

I'll be on in about 30 minutes for clubs if anyone wants to join. 7 club members online atm.

Menelaus

Banned
k0ji-wd said:
Sent you a FR.

epik07, your friends list is full.

I'll be on in about 30 minutes for clubs if anyone wants to join. 7 club members online atm.
Accepted.

How do you generally do chatting for clubs? Party chat?

AstroLad said:
i miss the pes trolls in the fifa thread; at least they were entertaining

Something I haven't witnessed. Maybe they'll come back?

P.S. I have to crank out this response paper real quick, and I will be on for some club lovin'.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
SmokingBarrelX said:
Something I haven't witnessed. Maybe they'll come back?

P.S. I have to crank out this response paper real quick, and I will be on for some club lovin'.
No they are too beaten down. :/

It's probably better; the threads both stay relatively troll-free now except for the occasional random.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i was only on the pitch for ten seconds, but in those ten seconds i got to pass the ball back to the keeper. man of the match in that victory

k0ji-wd

every day the lag is getting better and better for me. . .let's try and get 10 together for a game this weekend!

honestly i think if we get all of our VPs to around 80 overall and have 6, 7 players in the match we'd be quite unstoppable, our early season record of 16 losses has at least 8 d/c in there and we must rectify that.

k0ji-wd

Menelaus said:
it's so ridiculously slow to level up my defender...any tricks i should know about?

You can't really cheese the defending accomplishments as easily as you can the offensive ones, I'd suggest playing a BAP against the CPU on semi pro against an attacking team and go on a rampage :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
tele. but i'm usually in mid so on camera 90% of the time. select button is helpful when you're playing in front or back

Menelaus

Banned
I tried both tele and pro last night...think I like tele better, although it requires me to use the radar to run the trap.

I use tele, and even though I'm normally at the front, I still follow the ball. Once I work in with the team a bit more, and we get some more cohesion, we should be sound. I'm actually going to switch my VP to a striker for a bit and work on the shooting accomplishments.

AndresON777 said:
what camera do you guys use?

I play fullback and have been using Tele zoomed all the way out. I still need to use the "focus" (back) button to every once in awhile when the action goes away from me and I am back on defense to be able to stay in good position, but zoomed out Tele works pretty good.

LiveWire

I use the default (Tele?). If I'm off screen because the ball is somewhere else I just keep an eye on the radar at the bottom of the screen and try to keep my little dot in the right area.

sneaky77 said:
I use tele.. is the easiest for me. we need to work on better communication lol

Agreed, that is how we've been in my other clubs, and I would have been that way last night, but I didn't want to annoy anyone and sound like I was needy or selfish or anything. I'll be more vocal for sure next time though, it was just my first time with the club.

sneaky77

SmokingBarrelX said:
Agreed, that is how we've been in my other clubs, and I would have been that way last night, but I didn't want to annoy anyone and sound like I was needy or selfish or anything. I'll be more vocal for sure next time though, it was just my first time with the club.

yeah me too.. hopefully we can get another game n tonight, although I wont be around until a bit later than yesterday

Top Bottom