• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay |OT| Jetpacks and Googly Eyes, Here We Come

JonnyKong

Man Conker is a lot tougher than I remember when it comes to boss fights!

The
haystack terminator combination
is a right pain in the arse! Still getting used to the tough camera controls too.

Reboot and clear your consoles cache by holding the power button for about 10 seconds. Mine kept telling me I needed an update for Tooie but after restarting the game worked.

Jetpac Refueled worked for me last night.

The only issue I've had were two back-to-dash crashes while playing snapchats/using the pause menu.

I've never played much of Blast Corps and didn't like the bit I played as a kid. The positive hype has me interested now.

HUELEN10

I've never played Conker. That being said, I am about to; is the framerate any worse than the original? I know some people have mentioned issues, but are they any worse than the original?

ElRenoRaven

I've never played Conker. That being said, I am about to; is the framerate any worse than the original? I know some people have mentioned issues, but are they any worse than the original?

Not that I remember. It had a few hitches here and there even on the original.

ElRenoRaven

So this version isn't bastardized, it's simply no better than the original?

Sounds fine by me, so I should play it, right?

Does this version have subtitles?

Think they all do. There is a universal option for them. The game has voice bubbles though. So you should be fine.

You can transfer 360 saves via Cloud, right? How do you do that? I've never used Cloud before.

How do I transfer my 360 saves from my 360 HD to Cloud, and then retrieve them onto my XB1 HD?

oatmeal

Banned
Downloading it now...

So all of the 360 games are just separate apps? It's not all contained in the Rare Replay game itself?

A little strange.

Berordn

Downloading it now...

So all of the 360 games are just separate apps? It's not all contained in the Rare Replay game itself?

A little strange.

Yup, the 360 games just piggyback off of the BC for Xbox One. They run pretty flawlessly outside of Nuts and Bolts which is still playable, but has weird framerate and audio issues. Kind of makes sense since outside of Grabbed by the Ghoulies, everything else is emulation or already existed in remade form.

robotrock

Banned
I love that I just bought a video game, opened it up, inserted the disc into my system and then this happened
fefv5l1.jpg

If you think that's bad, try Dead or Alive 5: Last Round. You'll get a long ass list of characters added to your queue. Hah.

_woLf

I love that I just bought a video game, opened it up, inserted the disc into my system and then this happened

Wait, really?

They aren't on the disc?

I don't have the space on my xbox for all of that stuff..that's why I didn't go digital :|

robotrock

Banned
Wait, really?

They aren't on the disc?

I don't have the space on my xbox for all of that stuff..that's why I didn't go digital :|

Current gen stuff will take up the same amount of space on your hard drive, even if you get the disc or digital. It installs all the content from the disc to your system.

Also I think there is something on the disc, these are just...update files? Of some sort? I don't know.

Wait, really?

They aren't on the disc?

They are on the disc...but they install separately since they're backwards compatibility games. You can choose not to install any of the Xbox 360 games, though...or so I've read.

JP

Left the console on standby to make sure everything was downloaded and updated, got home after work to find that it's messed up the games as there are duplicate game files. I have duplicate copies where one copy is listed as Ready to Install but it won't let me download or delete it so I just have black squares with the names of the games on.

I've tried going in through the settings and deleting data there but it just takes me back to the My Games section so there's nothing I can do their either. Has anybody had issues like this? Anybody know what to do?

Really annoying, this is my first and last go at pre-ordering games on the Xbox One.
Ignore this.

I've no idea why it did what I mentioned above but to get rid of the black squares I had to go into the main Rare Replay software thing and start them up through that, which I wasn't able to do in the individual game icons.

_woLf

Current gen stuff will take up the same amount of space on your hard drive, even if you get the disc or digital. It installs all the content from the disc to your system.

Also I think there is something on the disc, these are just...update files? Of some sort? I don't know.

They are on the disc...but they install separately since they're backwards compatibility games. You can choose not to install any of the Xbox 360 games, though...or so I've read.

Gaaaaaaaaaaah. That's extremely frustrating. RIP my hard drive. :(

I am curious if the games are actually on the disc or not. Rare says yes, but it seems to install it exactly the same as the digital version.
Maybe just the game licenses are on the disc?

Berordn

I am curious if the games are actually on the disc or not. Rare says yes, but it seems to install it exactly the same as the digital version.

My guess is that they're on the disc but install to the drive (like all X1 games) and they're downloading the updated manifests for backwards compatibility.

The Flash

Banned
I've only played the first levels of BT and BT Arcade but I feel like I'm going to enjoy Arcade more since, you know, no turbo tunnel.

Kriken

Picked it up today, also qualified for a $10 MS Store card so I'm happy. Time to install this fucker and die a lot in Battletoads

Ein Bear

Viva Pinata might just have the ugliest UI I've ever seen in a game. Come on Rare, you're better than Comic Sans.

(Brilliant game though!)

SimonM7

Could someone please confirm that Nuts & Bolts screenshots and videos (guide button double tap ones) can't be saved/shared?

I'm not finding any shared ones by others in the Upload feed either, and I can't upload mine.

Rewind is such a great option in this game, makes playing parts of Battletoads all the more bearable. Speaking of which, I've been playing the NES Battletoads a few times now and I'm getting better at the hoverbike and surfboard stages. They are still pretty tough but I can nail down around 80% of each with no issues. The end of the volcano stage is a complete pisstake though, lasers that need dodging, but you need to be insanely fast and know exactly where to manuver your ship before the lasers appear... Not sure why they went so OTT on the difficulty, it'd be an excellent game if I didn't feel like the game wanted to kill me at every turn!
And yeah, the arcade game is the better of the two games. Looks great, plays great and actually feels fairer in terms of difficulty.

I also gave Attic Attack and Slalom a few tries. Attic Attack is brilliant, managed to clear the game once as the knight. I will definitely play it through with the other characters. Slalom is just plain evil, almost to the Battletoads level, avoiding stuff while having very little in the way of a heads up where the obstacles are. Definitely one of the weaker games on the collection.

Battletoads has to be the most unfun game I've ever played. It's like they really don't want you to enjoy the game. Poor controls, terrible hit detection, falling through platforms, dull level design, one hit kills every other step. I played it back in the day and didn't enjoy it back then. I had forgotten why; now I remember.

It's not even a beat em up game. It's a platformer with terrible controls and horrendous level design with one goal: to kill you as much as possible.

Battletoads has to be the most unfun game I've ever played. It's like they really don't want you to enjoy the game. Poor controls, terrible hit detection, falling through platforms, dull level design, one hit kills every other step. I played it back in the day and didn't enjoy it back then. I had forgotten why; now I remember.

It's not even a beat em up game. It's a platformer with terrible controls and horrendous level design with one goal: to kill you as much as possible.

Get good.

Yes it's janky but it's playable and part of my childhood. Battletoads rocks.

Orca

Wait, really?

They aren't on the disc?

I don't understand this complaint, the games install regardless of whether it's disc or digital.

Lego Boss

Fuck this. Stop them all installing, then select Rare Replay, in install that and while you're playing install the 360 games you want. You don't need to install all of those BC games to play RR.

What's this talk about emulation? Is it bad?

Admittedly I don't know much about the technical side of this collection, I assumed these titles were all ported to X1

Is the emulation 1080p at least?

Mine didn't do that...it won't do anything. The system is working, it shows the game in my drive, but if I select it and press A, it just makes a chime noise and nothing happens. It doesn't appear to be installing anything. WTF?

edit: never mind, it finally kicked in. On another topic: it wants a 6.2 GB update via download? I thought all these games were on the disc? What am I downloading (or not, actually; I declined for now)?

SURGEdude

I don't understand this complaint, the games install regardless of whether it's disc or digital.

I assume it's because many people buy physical to avoid big downloads.

But in this case they are on disc, just separately installed.

Top Bottom