• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay |OT| Jetpacks and Googly Eyes, Here We Come

Had a go on most of the games. Some of those older games are so darn hard, thank you for rewind. I quite like atic atac, trying to do that without rewind, wouldn't make too much difference as you can't rewind too much.

I started playing Jet Force Gemini but I don't remember the controls being that difficult, maybe it's different with the c-buttons, so I may wait for the patch, hopefully it won't take too long. Noticed some framerate issues but nothing major, nothing to ruin the enjoyment.

Can you rewind during snapshots and playlists? If so, how?

lkhHluL.jpg

Done with Jetpac. Milestones and Snapshots. Fun game!

KDC720

Is the lost level DLC included with Nuts and Bolts? Haven't gotten around to playing it yet but I'm curious if it has all the DLC included.

SimonM7

Is the lost level DLC included with Nuts and Bolts? Haven't gotten around to playing it yet but I'm curious if it has all the DLC included.

Yeah I believe it does. I haven't downloaded my 360 DLC to the One (there's no way to) and it found it when I booted the game, so.

Could you do me a favour when you get around to the game? Try taking a screenshot or a video and going to the upload app and see if you can save/share it. I really need a second account of this.

addyb

Finally got to spend some time with this tonight. Played some jetpac, rc pro am, snake rattle n roll and both battle toads games so far. Brilliant stuff. All still play as I remembered them back in the day.
I personally think this collection is incredible I really do. Not even touched the games I've never played yet. This will last me quite some time :)

Right blast corps before I hit the hay. Big day tomorrow. Wife's having a c section (our 4th child and 3rd girl!! :)

Storm360

Someone uploaded a video comparing a segment of 360 version of Banjo: Nuts and Bolts with the Rare Replay version that's basically running on beta software: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DRWpsXIrbs

I agree that BC has been rushed out, given it's really currently a feature that's only available to preview members.

A video off the TV screen doesn't really help, but if you guys want, I can get some direct 1080p captures from both versions

A video off the TV screen doesn't really help, but if you guys want, I can get some direct 1080p captures from both versions

Agreed, it was more about the perceivable drop in framerate and playability than anything else. But yes, far from the most quantitative test out there, especially when it only focuses on one of the most packed areas of the game

hawk2025

It's enough to see a marked difference between them, but please do!

I think I'll stick with the older games until we have a couple of patches.

munroe

Snapshot 5 for Jetpac is doing my head in...I suck at these type of games.

Was that the no shooting one? Took me a couple of tries, stay near the very top ledge when waiting for the fuel to drop down , they don't seem to venture there very much

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
So, to confirm, Viva Pinata looks like it's playing OK? That's all I really care about at this moment - rest I can wait for a patch.

sja_626

Wow at Grabbed by the Ghoulies. Cutscenes look awful but in game looks fantastic, it cleaned up VERY nicely. I wish the same at been done for Conker L&R single player. It was a stunner on OG Xbox and would look great with the GbtG treatment.

Shame about Banjo N&B, framerate is unplayably bad in places. Hopefully this and the other 360 games will improve drastically as me move towards the Novmember launch of BC.

Also Jet Force Gemini widescreen mode works fantastically. Wish Conker had the same. It came out years after JFG so I thought it might have. Ah well. For the 4:3 games is there any way to make them take up the full vertical space of the screen? I don't mind the border art but seems like a waste having that excess space at the top and bottom. Or is it done that way specifically for scaling reasons?

Any reason to buy the physical version? Are there any neat pack-ins included in that version, or is it basically just a case, disc, and a one page printout of safety info?

Storm360

It's enough to see a marked difference between them, but please do!

I think I'll stick with the older games until we have a couple of patches.

Hmm, N&B isn't in my collection, I can grab some X1 gameplay, and look for N&B later, it's probably still packed away after moving

Zomba13

So going through the snapshots first and I got to Lunar Jetman and is it supposed to be super inconsistent with the speed? Like it'd have things moving slowly when flying then just speed up and slow down then slightly faster then slow then really fast?

Like, is it just accurate emulation for how it was in the day or an issue with the game? Because there can be things said for accurate emulation for the systems, like emulating slowdown and graphical glitches and such but also you kinda want these old games running as good as they can.

GamerJM

Banned
I can't play any of the 360 games in the collection at all. Whenever I try to start them it forces me to download my 360 profile, and when I try to do that it says I can't connect to XBL even though I'm connected on the main X1 dashboard.

daTRUballin

Does Rare Replay have any Nintendo references still left in the games? Or have they all been removed?

I know that the intro with the N64 logo in Conker has been removed, for instance.

Berordn

Well tbh it's only really bad in the center of Showdown Town where there are tons of characters (and no significant platforming / challenges), the other areas / levels I've played yet (Nutty Acres & Logbox 720) are OK. If you are concerned about it, I'd suggest waiting for a patch.. (edit: but then again, the game is just pure fun and one of the most creative titles I've ever played, so I'd say go for it :)

Kinda seconded. It's definitely worst in Showdown Town and even on the 360 it had hitches there especially, but there's a couple more dips in the regular stages than there were on the original version, alongside the weird audio issues. It's playable, and everyone should definitely give it a chance, but it might be worth holding out for a bit to see if they're going to address any of it.

Had a ton of chores to do after getting home from work, but I've finally sat down with it, and I'm going to give it a couple of hours before bed. Right now I'm marvelling at the presentation in the menus; I'm just viewing each game in the gallery and admiring the visuals and tunes. Even the really old Spectrum stuff that I have no real familiarity with is incredibly charming.

Apparently Rare have said that more games could be added as DLC; personally, the only games they could add that I care about are Conker: Live & Reloaded (we have the superior version, but both would be nice), and Goldeneye (assuming they could iron out the licensing issues).

Unless they added portable games. That opens the doors for some really interesting stuff. Perfect Dark GBC, Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge, and Sabrewulf GBA would all be cool.

Conezays

Let me know if that works. I have the exact same problem. Any pre-N64 game has the audio dropping in and out constantly.

Just finished reinstalling. Have tried a few games so far with no luck. There seems to be intro music and sound effects briefly, but then silence. Bah. I waited till it was 100 % installed till I tried as well.

On the bright side, I'm really enjoying playing Ghoulies and Nuts and Bolts for the first time.

played maybe 6 or 7 of the games, really impressed with the package. conker/jet force jemini look really good to me! surprised at how they looked, i was expecting a mess. framerate isn't great but i played each for a bit and its perfectly playable.

i never played grabbed by the ghoulies before and its actually a pretty good game. looks really good too!

one game that kind of disappointed me was KI Gold. i have KI2 from the KI season pass and KI gold is missing animations and isn't anywhere near as smooth as KI2 arcade. on the plus side it does have some extra features (training mode, etc) that KI2 arcade obviously doesn't have

i just popped the disc in and noticed that it is making a separate tile for viva pinata TIP, that has a rare replay label on it. So are they different achievement lists? I still have the original TIP tile in my ready to install list

Top Bottom