• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay |OT| Jetpacks and Googly Eyes, Here We Come

Kinsei

Banned
Sabrewulf and Underwurlde are now complete. Sabrewulf is pretty fun, but Underwurlde is shit. It's been really interesting going back and playing games I never got a chance to before.

I thought it was awesome (and surprising) that they talk about DS Viva Piñata in one of the unlockable videos.

Me too.

Awesome collection. missed out on most of these when they came out.

Is the first viva piñata worth playing? Heard the sequel is pretty much the same game just improved.

hawk2025

I don't understand how to patch the hole in the second Lunar Jetman snapshot.

...which I suppose means I don't understand how to patch holes in Lunar Jetman in general. Help?

Kinsei

Banned
I don't understand how to patch the whole in the second Lunar Jetman snapshot.

...which I suppose means I don't understand how to patch holes in Lunar Jetman in general. Help?

Press B by you car to get out a bridge. Press B over a hole to drop it in.

hawk2025

Get the patch material from the rover itself, stand in the middle of the rover and press B or X I think?

Aaaahhh, it was always IN the computer!

LbR06Qz.jpg

I was looking all around!

Kinsei

Banned
oh my god I actually beat atic atac. That took like 3-4 hours. I cant believe you have to do this 3 times for an achievement/milestone

It's easier the second and (especially) third times through. Even though item positions change you should know the layout of the mansion by now.

pulsemyne

Good to see some people enjoying old spectrum games. Ultimate/Rare were just the tip of the iceberg during the 1980's UK computer scene. The heady era of colourclash and beeper music.

chemicals

Seriously, I'm surprised by how well Kameo holds up, from the gameplay, to the graphics to the absolutely sublime music.

Kameo was always a looker, in my opinion. The art style and gameplay are both very interesting. By the time you are at the end, the progression is so good in that it forces you to use all of these abilities that you have been learning throughout the game.. Really cool the way the whole game flows.

bndadm

I played some Perfect Dark Zero multi last night for the first time and I have a hell of a time keeping my aim on anyone. I think I have to tweak the sensitivity a bit to get that one to play right.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I would just like to say the 360 remastered Perfect Dark is still the best game ever.

Ramirez

I played the original Battletoads a minute ago, and holy fuck, I would never make it past the ice level if it weren't for rewind/unlimited lives. The levels just keep getting more brutal too! hahaha

Didn't the hate for Ghoulies mostly come from angered Nintendo fans after the Microsoft buyout? Including all the other Xbox games Rare made before Kinect Sports.

I recall a lot of people not being excited for it simply because it didn't look like a game for them. Not one of Rare's big franchises.

The Flash

Banned
I played the original Battletoads a minute ago, and holy fuck, I would never make it past the ice level if it weren't for rewind/unlimited lives. The levels just keep getting more brutal too! hahaha

I would love to say that I beat Battletoads legit but I am absolutely going to abuse rewind and unlimited continues.

Mudron

Any word on when the control patch for Jet Force Gemini and framerate patch for Nuts & Bolts may be coming?

(I'd assume Nuts n' Bolts will probably be improved by a combination of a title-specific patch and the general refinement of the X1's BC emulator throughout the next few months rather than a one-off software-specific patch, but one can hope.)

ohlawd

Playing through BK... 1080p/ no slowdowns and updated control scheme are a bliss, and makes me wish Conker received the same treatment :(

I've never finished Banjo Kazooie and I've tried two runs before on N64. got a really good feeling on my current 3rd run with this version. not using the horseshit N64 controller is a huge boon. waaay better framerate too

Cool to see everyone enjoying this. A PS4 gamer, I might take the plunge on a One this holiday if there's an attractive bundle/deal. This along with some of the upcoming stuff is really looking cool

Korosenai

As I recall, the justification was that Live and Reloaded is something reasonably attainable. The N64 game isn't anymore.
That's lame. Like I couldn't go to gamestop and buy a used copy of perfect dark zero or viva pinata...

It's just sucks that 8/10 of the milestones for that game require multiplayer, but since it's the n64 version, you can't play online.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I have never played Banjo. Ever.

Haven't even loaded it up yet in replay. Saving it.

Same with Jetforce.

Ive played jet force n blast corps on n64 but i somehow missed every banjo game n conker. So im in for treat

Top Bottom