• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay |OT| Jetpacks and Googly Eyes, Here We Come

Conezays

Interested to know what's causing all the differences in us experiencing different glitches and bugs. I haven't had the game crash once at me, but as I mentioned previously, the audio bugs (or complete lack of any sound at all) in pre-n64 games is making me put those off for now. Would love for these issues to be sorted out asap as there are so many gems in the collection.

Man, Killer Instinct Gold is very weird. The character select screen has no text on it at all -- no character names, no nothing. Not even a mention of playing 2 player anywhere. Is this how the actual game launched? I just can't imagine a fighting game launching without even a mention of character names until you're actually in a match. So weird.

Man, Killer Instinct Gold is very weird. The character select screen has no text on it at all -- no character names, no nothing. Not even a mention of playing 2 player anywhere. Is this how the actual game launched? I just can't imagine a fighting game launching without even a mention of character names until you're actually in a match. So weird.

I thought the same thing when they just threw me in a gsme but then I realized it was an arcade game.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm really disappointed in how clunky the UI is for the game. Everything seems delayed.

Kinsei

Banned
So the item locations in Atic Atac change depending on your character? I decided to use a map after beating it once, but every one I see online is wrong.

ohlawd

welp, uninstalled the Rare Replay versions of Banjo 1 and 2

I bought the 360 versions and those ones don't need the disc while the Replay versions do

Does Jetpac Refuelled have issues launching from the Rare Replay or is that just me

Just tweeted Rare about this today. They are aware and working on it.

https://twitter.com/RareLtd/status/628947397771702272

IlH7lLo.png

Played a bit of Perfect Dark and Banjo Kazooie last night. Both run flawlessly

That said, this collection feels kind of slapdash and rushed. The poor performance in some titles, bugs and crashes, separate tiles for a bunch of games....

Still it's hard to be mad with the price to value ratio

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I love this collection. Been playing Conker, and while I know they had to change, it really bugs me all the little changes, like the button changes to XBone graphics and the microsoft presents at the beginning.

Played a bit of Perfect Dark and Banjo Kazooie last night. Both run flawlessly

That said, this collection feels kind of slapdash and rushed. The poor performance in some titles, bugs and crashes, separate tiles for a bunch of games....

Still it's hard to be mad with the price to value ratio

I wish the scrolling was a bit faster in the extended menu for games, the curtains drawing up and down for each game gets a little old. Other than that, I don't have much complaints.

I thought the intro was great, reminded me of the old Bugs Bunny and Tweety show theme song.

Neff

Fuck the spectrum.

I was always a C64 guy, but the idea of people all around the world playing and being infuriated by Spectrum games in 2015 is quite wonderful.

Man, Killer Instinct Gold is very weird. The character select screen has no text on it at all -- no character names, no nothing. Not even a mention of playing 2 player anywhere. Is this how the actual game launched?

Yep.

I thought the same thing when they just threw me in a gsme but then I realized it was an arcade game.

To be exact, KIG is the N64 port of KI2. There are some slight differences, mostly polygonal backgrounds instead of FMV and reduced animation frames.

DSmalls84

Really liking battletoads arcade. Loved beat em up games in the 90s and had no idea there was an arcade version of battletoads.

I love this collection so far. I played the first world of Banjo, got the ten puzzle pieces and then stayed up til 1:00 AM playing Battletoads! I will beat that game! (Thank you, rewind)

HUELEN10

Okay, how the hell do I fix Jetpack refueled?!?!?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and replay several times, cleared the cache and everything, but it is the ONLY XBLA game that doesn't launch in the compilation, instead going to the store page where I can launch it just fine, yet can't hold Hambuger to go back to replay like every other game.

Help?

Nope, it'll be even worse now I'm sure. Back then it was the cool thing to have perfect dark online, now it's not the same for the masses. I didn't even bother buying xbox live this time around.

All I really want though is system link so we can play 8 player multi over two TV and consoles :(

munroe

Okay, how the hell do I fix Jetpack refueled?!?!?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and replay several times, cleared the cache and everything, but it is the ONLY XBLA game that doesn't launch in the compilation, instead going to the store page where I can launch it just fine, yet can't hold Hambuger to go back to replay like every other game.

Help?

Probably an issue with Rare Replay as a whole rather than your particular installation, it happens for me also, clicking play in RR takes me to the store where I can then press play again to launch Jetpac

Toad.T

Banned
Asking again, has anyone uploaded the featurettes/Documentaries to YouTube yet? I won't have an X1 for a while, and I'd like to see them.

HUELEN10

Fuck, if there's no OST on the horizon, might might just take it upon myself to do a game rip of all the amazing menu music.

The game is buggy/rushed? I was going to pick this up later. Maybe it's good to wait for a patch?

I'd say 90% of the games I tried last night worked perfectly fine. However, I had a few issues:

• No music/bad sound mixing in Battletoads.
  • RC Pro button input stopped working around the third or fourth race.
  • Some issues in installing some of the 360 games.

crpav

I started last night with R.C. Pro Am....seems a little harder than I remember. That stupid orange car did it's super turbo warp speed to win in the 4th race where I always recall it happening after like 30 races.

Must be the operator.

Why is the announcer missing from killer instinct? He doesn't announce combos. Like at all. Is mine just buggy? Or am I rmembering wrong and the announcer is missing from killer instinct gold?

Rushed yeah.
Buggy? Only 3 games (Blast Corps, PDZ, BK:N&B) count.

They should have made sure BC was more stable to be honest.

I haven't tried PDZ yet but Blast Corps and Nuts & Bolts both work fine for me so far. At least as good as I remember them being originally. I haven't cleared my cache or anything, just let the thing install everything completely including the update.

Not sure what could be causing the issues for some but they're definitely not universal.

Eusis

I love that I just bought a video game, opened it up, inserted the disc into my system and then this happened
This is actually making me start to wonder if buying it digitally without an XB1 (assuming Microsoft doesn't block that for not having an XB1) allow you to access the 360 titles on 360 anyway, leaving somewhat ironically all the older games to be played upon upgrading to XB1. It's even technically a bundle on their store page.

JonnyKong

I've just tried the snapshots for the first time and it crashed on me twice taking me straight to the dashboard during the Jetpac levels :( quite annoying.

So sad. I need those controls patched into JFG. Its basically why I bought this.

How the fuck I beat this game as a child I can not fathom. The game feels unplayable.

SimonM7

This is actually making me start to wonder if buying it digitally without an XB1 (assuming Microsoft doesn't block that for not having an XB1) allow you to access the 360 titles on 360 anyway, leaving somewhat ironically all the older games to be played upon upgrading to XB1. It's even technically a bundle on their store page.

It doesn't. At least not currently. The Rare Replay versions of the games are separate from the bc titles in your library, too. Checking their sizes, they are also larger. When bc officially launches in november, it could be that the two merge, however.

So sad. I need those controls patched into JFG. Its basically why I bought this.

How the fuck I beat this game as a child I can not fathom. The game feels unplayable.

Actually, I find that if you keep at it with the "Expert" setting, it does eventually click. It dddddefinitely takes another round of getting used to, though. I had the same arc. I was like wwwhhhat the hell, how did I ever wrap my mind around this. But for what it's worth, you do get there again.

munroe

so, what the hell do you do in atic atac. I have been walking around, in what feels like, circles for an hour.

You have to wander around trying to find the 3 pieces of a giant key that will open the front door of the castle, (your starting point). There are different coloured doors that can only be opened with the corresponding key (just hold the key in your inventory and walk through the door to unlock it)

There are other items to pick up in the game but I'm not sure what they do.

Your health is your food meter (the roast chicken on the right) this will deplete over time and if you hit enemies, replenish by automatically picking up food items.

Conker plays absolutely fine for me, but this inverted camera is awful for someone who never uses that. Its also making swimming sequences a nightmare.

Eusis

It doesn't. At least not currently. The Rare Replay versions of the games are separate from the bc titles in your library, too. Checking their sizes, they are also larger. When bc officially launches in november, it could be that the two merge, however.
Ah well, would've been a nice incentive to buy now and have something immediately on XB1 whenever. Never mind it WOULD be a solution of sorts for the Viva Pinata 2 achievement.

You have to wander around trying to find the 3 pieces of a giant key that will open the front door of the castle, (your starting point). There are different coloured doors that can only be opened with the corresponding key (just hold the key in your inventory and walk through the door to unlock it)

There are other items to pick up in the game but I'm not sure what they do.

Your health is your food meter (the roast chicken on the right) this will deplete over time and if you hit enemies, replenish by automatically picking up food items.

damn...hate games like this. And it looks like they changed the positions of the keys from the original. I am looking at maps, and the keys arent where they should be. So, I cant even cheat lol

Conker plays absolutely fine for me, but this inverted camera is awful for someone who never uses that. Its also making swimming sequences a nightmare.

Yeah I hate it too. If I played Conker exclusively for a day or two it would probably become second nature, but soon as I played something else it'd probably go back to being confusing.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Yeah I can't stand inverted controls. After I play it for a bit I adjust atleast. I was even getting used to Jet Force but I'd rather wait for a patch either way since moving while aiming is a mindfuck I cannot properly handle.

Top Bottom