• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay |OT| Jetpacks and Googly Eyes, Here We Come

Cindro

Any tips on the fifth snapshot for Lunar Jetman? I've been at it for about an hour - it's surprisingly fun but I just want to finish it. So many random enemy spawns.

I drop the bomb on the alien base (which is an awesome premise in the first place for a game from '83), try and fend fools off for the rest of the 2 minutes to reach 10k, but I always get rekt before it's over.

I'm guessing the answer to this question is "git gud"

Kinsei

Banned
Any tips on the fifth snapshot for Lunar Jetman? I've been at it for about an hour - it's surprisingly fun but I just want to finish it. So many random enemy spawns.

I drop the bomb on the alien base (which is an awesome premise in the first place for a game from '83), try and fend fools off for the rest of the 2 minutes to reach 10k, but I always get rekt before it's over.

I'm guessing the answer to this question is "git gud"

After bombing the alien base grab the turret to your left and take it back to the lunar lander. Once you attach it you can shoot enemies while inside of it (you're invincible in there) to get the rest of the points you need.

FrsDvl

I thought I read you can now change the controls on Conker? Where and how do I do that, cause I can't find it anywhere.

I wish the extras were not locked behind how many badges you have. Also the nuts and bolts 360 emulator really need more work, I really want to replay this but its frame rate is to low.

sonto340

I wish the extras were not locked behind how many badges you have. Also the nuts and bolts 360 emulator really need more work, I really want to replay this but its frame rate is to low.
Is it only like this on the Xbox One? I never played Nuts and Bolts before and just assumed the frame rate wasn't great.

goomba

Banned
Amazing value in this collection.

If Nintendo and Rare were still together, each individual game would have gone on the virtual console shop.

Playing more blast corps and not getting same slow down as other day in same places, really does seem random were the emulator struggles.
Those racing stages are so fun but frustrating, feels like you are on ice.

daTRUballin

It was a launch game; it wasn't pushed as much as PD0, but I heard a lot about it headed into the 360 launch.

Yeah, I guess the fact that it was a launch title gave it some exposure, but I was talking more about general marketing. It didn't seem like Kameo had much of a marketing campaign. Even Viva Piñata had more marketing than Kameo, it seems.

Cindro

After bombing the alien base grab the turret to your left and take it back to the lunar lander. Once you attach it you can shoot enemies while inside of it (you're invincible in there) to get the rest of the points you need.
I had no idea about this mechanic! Fantastic - the Jetman tetralogy keeps getting better.

Thanks for the tip, friend <3

FrsDvl

So frustrating. Conker is so unplayable when you get to the zombies. Worst controls ever. It's basically JFG minus the patch. Help

Oh wow that's not great.
I'm sure as we get closer to November they'll be pushing out periodic updates to BC titles, but it's weird having it in a currently available retail product.

You can see screen tear in the 360 video. There isn't any in the BC version.

I don't think anything will change with forced vsync in BC games. Nuts and Bolts is having the same performance issues like all the other BC games because of this.

Only a few preview members complain about this in the support forum while others demand vsync for BC games.

Personally I want the BC games to run like they did on the 360. Without any enhancements. Microsoft should at least include the option to disable "enhancements" like forced vsync for bc games.

Kameo was THE 360 game that was shown in every electronics store prior to launch. I remember playing the open world sections that had you slamming through enemies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So frustrating. Conker is so unplayable when you get to the zombies. Worst controls ever. It's basically JFG minus the patch. Help

I got reamed here last night but forgot how to get into the proper aim mode. You're meant to use RT first to actually be able to aim, then as you hold LT you see a laser sight for the shotty to use. Thing has massive range too.

For that first part, jump on a gravestone and shoot them from safety.

Cindro

Does Perfect Dark have any issues? I'm thinking of starting that one next, if there's no reason I should be waiting for a patch.

KAOS

Really enjoying...

Cobra Triangle
RC Pro AM 2
Battle Toads Arcade
Banjo 1&2
Conker
Perfect Dark & PDZ
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
JetForce Gemini
and Blast Corps!!!

Had the game for 3 days and there still games I haven't checked out! Good stuff!

SegaShack

I own an RGB N64 and a Sony PVM and have to say that Conker looks better in this collection. However while the original has slow down, this one has stutter which I find more jarring.

taking a break from Sabre Wulf stopped at 80%

I'm playing Battle toads for the first time and this game is a blast :D I'm having fun playing the turbo tunnel and boy if I didn't have this replay feature I'd be going mad lol

SimonM7

Perfect Dark Zero's framerate is rough, was it this bad on the 360 too?

It's a product of Vsync there, too. All bc games have vsync on, whereas they had tearing before. Tearing usually made them faster, but.. well, there'd be tearing.

I don't know if there's any specific reason why Vsync is mandatory now.

has anyone done snapshot 5 in Gunfright? This is so frustrating. Definitely the hardest portion out of the milestones/snapshots. Supposed to get bounty to 500 in 2 minutes, but for some reason running people over/killing people decreases your bounty. Tap someone, and you are fucked

Camjo-Z

has anyone done snapshot 5 in Gunfright? This is so frustrating. Definitely the hardest portion out of the milestones/snapshots. Supposed to get bounty to 500 in 2 minutes, but for some reason running people over/killing people decreases your bounty. Tap someone, and you are fucked

It's one of those snapshots that's hard until you figure out the gimmick.

First, there's a money bag down and to the left from your starting position, grab it so you can refill your bullets once you get to the outlaw. From there you go back where you started and head right through the building, keep going right through a second building, and then head straight up. The outlaw is right through the door, once you've beaten him you'll get more than enough cash to complete the challenge.

Cindro

Works great. I've been playing it a lot lately and haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.
Fantastic! Can't wait to play it for the first time since 2001 (and even then it was at a friend's house a single evening for a few rounds of multiplayer).

Seriously, this has to be one of the best pieces of video game music I've ver heard. It's pure, creepy, unfettered badassery. It was so weird to have such vivid memories of this song, (which again, I had only heard ONCE before during a single night fourteen years ago) immediately return to me when I booted up the PD stage. So awesome.

I'm a bit iffy on the stamps, though. Getting at least 150 gamerscore will be tough (and/or impossible) without a second xbone controller for co-op, and without the willingness to 100%/beat the game on it's hardest difficulty. In fact, I'm afraid to start it precisely because of that reason.

But oh wait, here's a metal cover of dat main theme and it's so awesome that I can't help but want to play it right this second.

Why is Grant Kirkhope such a G

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Just finished getting all of the collectibles in Kameo. Still need 100g more to get all of the stamps though. Only thing left to do in the game is score attack. A ranks are 50g apiece, I'll work on those tomorrow. Hopefully I won't get that "dirty disc" error that forced me to reinstall again.

Cindro

I just had the game hard crash on me and boot me back to the main Xbone home menu in freaking LUNAR JETMAN. Spectrum game emulation is really hard, you guys.

.J.

Banned
JonnyKong said:
Man the camera and general controls on Conker are really pissing me off. The game is just damn tough. I think I'm still having fun with it, but man I must have had a lot more patience back in the n64 days.

What do I do once I've made the cow start shitting into the grate? I went to see the dung beetle again but nothing happened
Hah. I had trouble here as well.
Try ramming into the cow again while she's shitting. Then repeat the process for the bull's eye one more time.

I am going to save this exchange to show to my wife next time she tells me my video game habit is childish.

Cindro

Hooray! Lunar Jetman snapshots completed!

I also did, in fact, 100% Conker last night. I have such mixed feelings on the game - it was the true definition of an incredibly, insanely flawed masterpiece. Moreso than any game I can ever remember playing. So glad I'm done with it, but equally as glad that I played it. I'd love to try Live & Reloaded too, as I'm assuming it fixes the botched-abortion that is O.G. Conker's control scheme and camera angles.

I have no idea why so many people think L&R is a likely DLC candidate, though. Grabbed by the Ghoulies assuredly had the most effort put into this collection, considering they had to remake it since the One can't emulate original Xbox. They'd have to remake L&R too, except in this case Conker is already in the collection. And they'd also have to make new online servers for the game's (apparently terrible) multiplayer. Most damning, because Rare has already set the precedent, they'd have to sell all of that hard work as DLC for ONLY ONE DOLLAR.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but there's no way in hell it's going to happen.

Cindro

I can't beat the score 10,000 points one. It's so frustrating.
I was in the same position! Until our good friend Kinsei posted this:

I also learned that you don't even have to bomb the base first before taking to your lunar rover! Here's what I did:

1) Pick up bomb
2) Drop bomb on rover
3) Drive to alien base
4) Bomb alien base
5) Pick up turret (just to the left of the alien base)
6) Drop turret on rover
7) Get back in rover, laugh all the way to the bank

That strategy cut down my vulnerability time of being OHKO-able by at least 70%. I spent about an hour and a half trying it before this strategy, and within 15 minutes of doing what I outlined above I was able to nail it.

Top Bottom