• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay |OT| Jetpacks and Googly Eyes, Here We Come

I'm surprised Wizards & Warriors didn't make the cut. :(

Yeah. The Wizards & Warriors games were the most glaring omissions. Nobody expects the DKC trilogy or GoldenEye, but I'm surprised they couldn't secure the W&W rights. Those games had David Wise's best work of the 8-bit era.

I was sad that Alien 8 was missing to.

Wasp

I noticed Conker has cheats to play the game on easy mode and very easy mode. Does anyone know what these modes change?

Thumbstick. The only thing I've used the D-pad for has been Snake Rattle and Roll.

what do you do at the part where it has the exclamation mark and you have to jump to several different pieces of land in the turbo tunnel? I dont move the stick at all and end up falling through the floor about 3-4 in for some reason

The Flash

Banned

Kinsei

Banned
what do you do at the part where it has the exclamation mark and you have to jump to several different pieces of land in the turbo tunnel? I dont move the stick at all and end up falling through the floor about 3-4 in for some reason

Hold right to move forward mid jump. Once you land on the platform hold left again to give you a bit of time before you need to make the next jump.

I don't understand why Modern controls for JFG repurpose left and right on the dpad for weapon scrolling when you can already do that with X and Y. It's important to have more than 2 quick select guns.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Have you been playing Battletoads fully or just going for snapshots first? It might help to go through turbo tunnel there if you haven't and rewind stuff to help practice.

Have you been playing Battletoads fully or just going for snapshots first? It might help to go through turbo tunnel there if you haven't and rewind stuff to help practice.

yeah, i did everything in battletoads already...this is the last thing I need. Thats a good idea, I might go do that..im doing the loop btw, this isnt the actual snapshot part

I noticed Conker has cheats to play the game on easy mode and very easy mode. Does anyone know what these modes change?

I know that enemies are slower and they have lower accuracy. Supposedly it makes the controls easier too, but I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. Some kind of auto-aim perhaps?

BajiBoxer

Banned
i did the snapshot with the thumbstick, it wasnt that bad. I have been trying the loop for fucking hours, and its borderline impossible for me
My friend and I were trying this just now and we accidentally hit some kind of warp. Skipped ahead two levels, lol.

Edit: not the snapshot

FyreWulff

Can you not even do it locally? I was planning on buying a second Bone controller to do it with my cousin, who is a huge shooter fan (I hate shooters, but I like playing something with him and I at least get Kirkhope music).

Co-op should work locally just fine. I think it even works online, both players just have to be on One or 360, but not both

IIRC it's Activision.
I thought they lost the James Bond License a couple years ago?

Edit: ya just looked it up, they lost/dropped it in 2013

So I'm guessing no one has picked it up since? Wondered how possible it would be for MS to get in talks to use it just for an old title

Stopdoor

Hey all, I've been making a nearly yearly attempt to get a group together to play BK: N&B online. With Rare Replay out now, the timing is perfect because this will likely be the last jolt of energy the game will ever get!

I've confirmed you can play cross-platform and join friend games in-game!

I have a large growing list of people who've expressed interest in the past, so I'm hoping this time the turnout is finally good! I'm timing this for when I get back home and before schooling starts for me, so tell or PM me your gamertag and availability Aug. 30th to about Sept. 9th, including your timezone. Then I'll start narrowing down the dates depending on what response I get.

RK128

I thought they lost the James Bond License a couple years ago?

Edit: ya just looked it up, they lost/dropped it in 2013

So I'm guessing no one has picked it up since? Wondered how possible it would be for MS to get in talks to use it just for an old title

I wonder if Microsoft would give the licence to 343 Industries or Rare to make another Goldeneye game while they release that remaster they were going to sell on the 360 but Nintendo put a big "NO!" on that :l.

Would be a great addition to Rare Replay and a new game with the Goldeneye made by studio that made it in the first place would currently make some waves :).

daTRUballin

I wonder if Microsoft would give the licence to 343 Industries or Rare to make another Goldeneye game while they release that remaster they were going to sell on the 360 but Nintendo put a big "NO!" on that :l.

Would be a great addition to Rare Replay and a new game with the Goldeneye made by studio that made it in the first place would currently make some waves :).

Sounds like it could be a good idea. It'd be interesting to see Rare make another James Bond game. But how do we know if they'll be able to make a good one after their FPS team left? Unless they hired experienced FPS developers.

Plus, that would mean that the game would be exclusive to Xbox, so who knows if it will sell or not?

Up to a 1:19 on Turbo Tunnel. I'm making progress.

Ive gotten 2:01. I tried the very end in the main game where I can rewind, and I have no idea how I am going to do it. I practiced for like 45 minutes being able to rewind, and still failed miserably. Think I might just give up soon

goldenpp72

Sounds like it could be a good idea. It'd be interesting to see Rare make another James Bond game. But how do we know if they'll be able to make a good one after their FPS team left? Unless they hired experienced FPS developers.

Plus, that would mean that the game would be exclusive to Xbox, so who knows if it will sell or not?

I'm not sure if a first party would get an exclusive bond license at this point, maybe a one time use deal.

Chris1

Grabbed by the Ghoulies is great. A little basic but enjoyable.

Great little collection although most of the older games really aren't for me, it's awesome to see just how much gaming has changed from the 80's

RK128

......I would guess that they could work out a deal that the make the game on PS4/X1/PC but with the condition that it has exclusive features on X1 and that its 'exclusive' on the X1/PC for a year (like Rise of Tomb Raider) but state that at the games launch.

An answer to 'why' would be to ensure the X1 version is the best it can be and that Rare/343 Industries never worked with PS4 before, so they need time to make those versions strong as well (justifying the year-long delay).

Not likely to happen, but its a possible idea to get the deal rolling.

And I would imagine that 343 Industries would be co-developing the game with Rare; like I said with my Perfect Dark 343/Rare idea, it would give the former a break from Halo while the latter gets FPS development experience for future games :).

daTRUballin

I'm not sure if a first party would get an exclusive bond license at this point, maybe a one time use deal.

Yeah, isn't that similar to how Goldeneye was made on the N64 in the first place?
......I would guess that they could work out a deal that the make the game on PS4/X1/PC but with the condition that it has exclusive features on X1 and that its 'exclusive' on the X1/PC for a year (like Rise of Tomb Raider) but state that at the games launch.

An answer to 'why' would be to ensure the X1 version is the best it can be and that Rare/343 Industries never worked with PS4 before, so they need time to make those versions strong as well (justifying the year-long delay).

Not likely to happen, but its a possible idea to get the deal rolling.

And I would imagine that 343 Industries would be co-developing the game with Rare; like I said with my Perfect Dark 343/Rare idea, it would give the former a break from Halo while the latter gets FPS development experience for future games :).

This scenario kind of seems implausible though. It would be really weird to see first party MS studios like Rare and 343 to be making something on the PS4, and I can't see 343 working on anything else besides Halo. They were pretty much created to work on Halo exclusively.

Korosenai

In TiP, I'm supposed to have the bird bath unlocked at 11, but I'm a 21 now and I still don't see it. I need a Crowla to tame a Camello, and I need the bird bath to turn a Sour Crowla into a normal Crowla.

RK128

This scenario kind of seems implausible though. It would be really weird to see first party MS studios like Rare and 343 to be making something on the PS4, and I can't see 343 working on anything else besides Halo. They were pretty much created to work on Halo exclusively.

Note that I say that isn't likely to happen. It would be cool see Goldeneye developed by Rare pop up again in the future though, so if that happens, I look forward to see that :D.

The Flash

Banned
Ive gotten 2:01. I tried the very end in the main game where I can rewind, and I have no idea how I am going to do it. I practiced for like 45 minutes being able to rewind, and still failed miserably. Think I might just give up soon

Rational minds did not create this game. Therefore we must be just as irrational and keep trying. For honor! For glory! For bragging rights!

daTRUballin

Note that I say that isn't likely to happen. It would be cool see Goldeneye developed by Rare pop up again in the future though, so if that happens, I look forward to see that :D.

It would still be weird because there would be like 5 different Goldeneye games. The one on the N64, Goldeneye: Rouge Agent, the Goldeneye remake in 2010, the "new" Goldeneye made by Rare and 343, and the XBLA remake of Goldeneye. That is way too many Goldeneye games. :D

RK128

It would still be weird because there would be like 5 different Goldeneye games. The one on the N64, Goldeneye: Rouge Agent, the Goldeneye remake in 2010, the "new" Goldeneye made by Rare and 343, and the XBLA remake of Goldeneye. That is way too many Goldeneye games. :D

And THAT's a bad thing ;)?

Kinsei

Banned
KI is done! It sucks there's a milestone that requires a second controller. I have one so it wasn't a big deal for me, but it's still shitty.

Drago

I suck so bad at KI Gold and fighting games in general. Can't even beat the first stage of Arcade mode on easy. >_>
Managed to get 3 milestones in it anyway (tried getting a 4th for playing on all stages but I'm missing one, I guess it's Arcade mode only because I'm pretty sure I played on all 12 in tournament mode) so I'm happy with that.

I suppose I can try to practice and get better but I feel like that's time better spent on games and genres I actually like.

Fox Mulder

GoldenEye would have been a great tie in for Spectre now that no one is making Bond games any more.

The Bond videogame license wasnt worth shit until Rare's GoldenEye came out on the n64 and led to EA picking it up. Now the license is dead again until someone is willing to put up with the bullshit it comes with.

Ya I was talking more like a one time use license to re-release the Rare game. I don't necessarily think they should or would start buying into licenses for new games.

Kinsei

Banned
I suck so bad at KI Gold and fighting games in general. Can't even beat the first stage of Arcade mode on easy. >_>
Managed to get 3 milestones in it anyway (tried getting a 4th for playing on all stages but I'm missing one, I guess it's Arcade mode only because I'm pretty sure I played on all 12 in tournament mode) so I'm happy with that.

I suppose I can try to practice and get better but I feel like that's time better spent on games and genres I actually like.

You're missing the secret stage that can only be played when fighting another human player. Hit up and B on both controllers to go there.

The Ai can be cheesed with Sabrewulf. Jump + FK then Crounch + FK. Keep repeating that until you win. This can also be used to get supreme victories.

goldenpp72

GoldenEye would have been a great tie in for Spectre now that no one is making Bond games any more.

The Bond videogame license wasnt worth shit until Rare's GoldenEye came out on the n64 and led to EA picking it up. Now the license is dead again until someone is willing to put up with the bullshit it comes with.

It wouldn't be easy to bring the series back though. Goldeneye didn't really become huge for being a bond game, it became huge for being a 4 player split screen FPS, kind of a novel concept back then, didn't hurt that it was very spectacular and creative for the time too..

Basically you need an amazing AAA game to back up the license more than anything, I don't think most care for the license itself. Personally i'd take any brand if it involved spy gadgets and such (such as PD). And really, if you have an amazing game concept you'd be better served wasting it on a property you own i'd say.

Drago

You're missing the secret stage that can only be played when fighting another human player. Hit up and B on both controllers to go there.

The Ai can be cheesed with Sabrewulf. Jump + FK then Crounch + FK. Keep repeating that until you win. This can also be used to get supreme victories.
Figures, I knew I had to be missing something. Don't have a second Xbox One controller though... I'll have to bookmark this post or something so I don't forget whenever I do get a second controller :p

I'll try that Sabreman trick and see where it gets me. Which button is FK?

Kinsei

Banned
Figures, I knew I had to be missing something. Don't have a second Xbox One controller though... I'll have to bookmark this post or something so I don't forget whenever I do get a second controller :p

I'll try that Sabreman trick and see where it gets me. Which button is FK?

Right trigger.

Top Bottom