• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay |OT| Jetpacks and Googly Eyes, Here We Come

daTRUballin

The best thing to come from this so far for me is discovering the Perfect Dark Zero soundtrack.

Goddamn, that game has some good tunes.

It DOES have some good tunes, but it's nothing compared to the original PD's soundtrack. At least, in my opinion of course. :p

I just found out that if you play on the Sky Stage once in KI you will always play on that stage as long as you continue with arcade mode after beating the second player.

daTRUballin

Excellent. Glad to see I have something to look forward to when I load up Perfect Dark!

When it comes to soundtracks in Rare games in general, you really have nothing to worry about. Rare have always had great soundtracks. It's one of the things people always praise them for. :p

Drago

Just played a bunch of Banjo Tooie, done with Mayahem Temple (as much as you can do on a first visit anyway).

Got all 6 SnS eggs hatched and found some Stop n Swop 2 stuff as well. I wonder if they'll ever follow up on that... gotta have it ready for Banjo's 20th birthday! :(

Just played a bunch of Banjo Tooie, done with Mayahem Temple (as much as you can do on a first visit anyway).

Got all 6 SnS eggs hatched and found some Stop n Swop 2 stuff as well. I wonder if they'll ever follow up on that... gotta have it ready for Banjo's 20th birthday! :(

Wasn't that stuff for BK:Nuts & Bolts IIRC?

Montresor

Do you need your save files in the old 360 games to get any rewards for those games in Rare Replay?

I.E. I have:

175/200 in Perfect Dark 64
200/200 in Banjo Kazooie
1250/1250 in Banjo Nuts N Bolts

But I don't have any of those save files.

Timu

9T1kgIr.gif
Game was more frustrating than fun IMO!!!

Drago

Wasn't that stuff for BK:Nuts & Bolts IIRC?
I think they get you special blueprints for N&B (if you have the DLC, which RR thankfully includes) but I think they were definitely meant more for a future Banjo than anything else. Or I could be wrong and they were really just for blueprints and nothing more. I dunno.

daTRUballin

I came across an interesting video on Youtube. It's a tribute to Rare showing some gameplay of all the major games they made during their existence. It goes all the way from 1983 to 2010 (from Jetpac to Kinect Sports).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QVXrzwtU1KA

It's a bit cool to see how many different types of games they've made over the years and it's an interesting showcase for how video games have evolved over the last few decades.

Do you need your save files in the old 360 games to get any rewards for those games in Rare Replay?

I.E. I have:

200/200 in Banjo Kazooie

You only have to be online so that the game can check which achievements you have.

addyb

The swimming in Banjo Kazooie. Fucking hell. I am down to 0 lives now because of the fucking god awful swimming.

My enjoyment of this game has plummeted after getting to Clanker's Cavern. What happens if I die with 0 lives. Have to restart the entire thing?

Clankers can be a pain. It's always been my least favourite area in Banjo to play. Swimming is a pain especially when you have to go right down into the depths to do the key thing. I think I 100%'d bubblegloop swamp in record time compared to clankers.

Talking of bubblegloop swamp I seem to be missing the Orange jinjo. No idea where it is lol. It's been a looong time. Also what's next up after the swamp? Is it free ezy peak or rusty bucket?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Shame perfect dark doesn't seem to have an option for vertical splitscreen, now we all have widescreen TVs . Does perfect dark Zero? And does that have offline co-op?

Richie

Clankers can be a pain. It's always been my least favourite area in Banjo to play. Swimming is a pain especially when you have to go right down into the depths to do the key thing. I think I 100%'d bubblegloop swamp in record time compared to clankers.

Talking of bubblegloop swamp I seem to be missing the Orange jinjo. No idea where it is lol. It's been a looong time. Also what's next up after the swamp? Is it free ezy peak or rusty bucket?

Rusty is the second-to-last world, after the swamp you can actually tackle either Gobi's Valley or Freezeezy Peak in the order you wish (there are things you can't accomplish in one level without having met Bottles in the other).

addyb

Rusty is the second-to-last world, after the swamp you can actually tackle either Gobi's Valley or Freezeezy Peak in the order you wish (there are things you can't accomplish in one level without having met Bottles in the other).

Thanks. Memory is hazy indeed :)

I've been baby sitting a 10 year old recently and it's been great watching him revel in this collection. Really brought back memories of when i was a nipper. He's really gotten into Banjo/Kameo/Pefrect Dark but has really been obsessed with Nuts and Bolts. That creation/workshop stuff has him entranced. interesting that N&B gets a bit of a roasting here but it really does have it's fans.

Go to Gobi's Desert and find Bottles before going to Freezy Peak. Then you can 100% Peak and then 100% Desert. Next order is Mad Monster Mansion, Rusty Bucket Bay, and Click Clock Woods. No backtracking needed.

In the 360 version of perfect dark you will instantly unlock all weapons if you have a save file of perfect dark zero. However: perfect dark saves the games on the hdd and perfect dark zero can only save in the cloud.

How can I get perfect dark to recognise the save from zero?

NJD316

Neo Member
Man, the 360 port of Perfect Dark was done so well. It hurts my soul that they weren't allowed to release Goldeneye with the same treatment.

Heartbreaking.

Jawmuncher

Got to aficionado rank. Have played so much I'm going to take a break from it for a bit. Would like to get at least one more rank though so I can get the last video in the unseen section.

Also trying perfect dark zero again, I don't think I'll even bother playing that one for stamps. Forgot how much of a grind the achievements are in that game.

I own the physical version, but I'm considering selling it and getting the digital version for convenience. But I have a couple of questions:

1) Does the digital version take up more HD space? Since you have to install physical games, it seems to me like it wouldn't.

2) Can you delete specific 360 games from your harddrive, in order to save space? When you put the physical disc in, it automatically installs the games for you (I assume it then reinstalls any if you have deleted them), but what happens if you delete any of the 360 games after buying the digital version?

I.E. I have:

200/200 in Banjo Kazooie

You can just start again, so you don't "need" any save files, but if you do transfer your saves via Cloud, you'll get a bunch of stamps at once (all the games that are on 360 unlock stamps by just earning certain gamerscore totals in that game.

eastx

I own the physical version, but I'm considering selling it and getting the digital version for convenience. But I have a couple of questions:

1) Does the digital version take up more HD space? Since you have to install physical games, it seems to me like it wouldn't.

2) Can you delete specific 360 games from your harddrive, in order to save space? When you put the physical disc in, it automatically installs the games for you (I assume it then reinstalls any if you have deleted them), but what happens if you delete any of the 360 games after buying the digital version?

1: No they don't take up more space.

2: Yes, you can delete or choose not to install individual Xbox 360 games included with the digital Rare Replay. Those games remain in your "Choose to Install" list as with any Xbox One games you own but don't have installed.

Okay does anyone know why perfect dark is so dark? Can't see a thing on the second mission. Have to crank up gamma all the way or copy the to settings from my PC setup. Is this because of some up scaling effect?

It's absolutely black crush. Perfect dark zero has the same issue. Have to put gamma up to 9 to see anything in some of the maps.

1: No they don't take up more space.

2: Yes, you can delete or choose not to install individual Xbox 360 games included with the digital Rare Replay. Those games remain in your "Choose to Install" list as with any Xbox One games you own but don't have installed.

Thanks.

I forgot to ask, can you delete a game from your HD, but keep the save data?

Nice! Thanks!

I can't jump in this game. The button delay is horrible.
Don't know why Conker controls so bad when Kazooie exists.
The game is still fun but yeah the slippery controls make it frustrating.

Banjo Kazooie is just, simpky put, sheer fun. I am hooked on it for now.

Do you guys think this is one of their best games?
No doubt, the polish on the game is pretty amazing.

1upmuffin

Ordered an Xbox one, it should arrive Friday, I'll buy Rare Replay digitally when it arrives, really excited to play Banjo. I have played parts of Banjo but never the whole game. Also want to play Jet Force Gemini more.

Maybe I started the wrong mode/didn't see it. I'll go back thanks
No problem.
I don't know about Trouble in Paradise, but the original explains things down to the wire. Which is really useful because it can get complicated going in blind.

Anyways on topic, been playing Banjo-Tooie. I forgot how much backtracking you have to do. Makes my OCD gaming habits go nuts. Like in world 2 you need a power-up from world 5.

Is anyone else experiencing severe black crush issues in the perfect dark games?

Calibrated the Xbox through the Xbox calibration in settings.

Cindro

Is anyone else experiencing severe black crush issues in the perfect dark games?

Calibrated the Xbox through the Xbox calibration in settings.
Are you talking about the missions that require you to use night vision goggles? You'll already have them in your inventory on the levels where they are needed - just equip and you should be good to go.

Are you talking about the missions that require you to use night vision goggles? You'll already have them in your inventory on the levels where they are needed - just equip and you should be good to go.

No I really mean the levels where you should be able to see. Like the first level in PD as soon as you enter the building. The second mission is also very very dark right from the start.
Also a lot of the MP maps are too dark to see properly like the goldeneye maps.

In pd zero a lot of the mp maps are really dark.

Tried streaming to the win10 PC but that gives me the same amount of "not being able to see shit" :-(.

Putting my to on full range hdmi and setting the brightness and contrast to the same levels I calibrated my PC too works a bit. But then every other game looks washed out (except for halo 2 classic for some reason)

Roto13

No I really mean the levels where you should be able to see. Like the first level in PD as soon as you enter the building. The second mission is also very very dark right from the start.
Also a lot of the MP maps are too dark to see properly like the goldeneye maps.

In pd zero a lot of the mp maps are really dark.

Tried streaming to the win10 PC but that gives me the same amount of "not being able to see shit" :-(.

Putting my to on full range hdmi and setting the brightness and contrast to the same levels I calibrated my PC too works a bit. But then every other game looks washed out (except for halo 2 classic for some reason)
Hmm. I played those first two missions and didn't have that problem.

Top Bottom