• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay |OT| Jetpacks and Googly Eyes, Here We Come

RK128

Ah, didn't know they already had it lapse.

Pretty much perfect, the other games are more or less identical to their original releases. Nuts & Bolts is the only one with notable issues.

I guess Microsoft can work something out with the license holder in the future, as they do have a almost-complete version of a Goldeneye HD Remaster that was going to land on XBLA on the 360 before Nintendo said "NO!" to the whole thing (as they wanted the HD Remaster on the Wii back then, as they was going to just get a direct ROM of the the game). It would make for a great DLC game for Rare Replay next to Conker Live and Reloaded and a few GB/GBA/DS games :D.

Nuts & Bolts performance issues must stem from it being a latter 360 game and the most demanding of Rare's 360 Era games (it has the strongest visuals, was built for the ground-up for the 360, extensive usage of the Havok Physics engine, a ton going on in the hub town, ect), rather then shoddy emulation. As the 360 emulator gets better over time, so should Nuts & Bolts performance on the X1 but I could also see Rare trying to patch the game up too :D.

daTRUballin

I guess Microsoft can work something out with the license holder in the future, as they do have a almost-complete version of a Goldeneye HD Remaster that was going to land on XBLA on the 360 before Nintendo said "NO!" to the whole thing (as they wanted the HD Remaster on the Wii back then, as they was going to just get a direct ROM of the the game). It would make for a great DLC game for Rare Replay next to Conker Live and Reloaded and a few GB/GBA/DS games :D.

Nuts & Bolts performance issues must stem from it being a latter 360 game and the most demanding of Rare's 360 Era games (it has the strongest visuals, was built for the ground-up for the 360, extensive usage of the Havok Physics engine, a ton going on in the hub town, ect), rather then shoddy emulation. As the 360 emulator gets better over time, so should Nuts & Bolts performance on the X1 but I could also see Rare trying to patch the game up too :D.

Why is everybody assuming that Conker: L&R is going to be added to Rare Replay? I kinda doubt it is......

RK128

Why is everybody assuming that Conker: L&R is going to be added to Rare Replay? I kinda doubt it is......

Sorry if that comes off as assuming :(. But I just can't think of other 'big' console games they could put at DLC...

Granted, their NES, SNES, Genesis and handheld line-up house a number of games they could put up for Rare Replay as part of a DLC pack, but they might want a 'huge' game to make the DLC special.

What better way to do that then put their second Xbox game as part of the collection :)? Granted, Bad Fur Day is already part of Rare Replay, so it might be a bit redundant, but with Live and Reloaded's fixes to the original game alongside Rare un-censoring the game, it could be a nice complement to the original Conker :).

daTRUballin

Sorry if that comes off as assuming :(. But I just can't think of other 'big' console games they could put at DLC...

Granted, their NES, SNES, Genesis and handheld line-up house a number of games they could put up for Rare Replay as part of a DLC pack, but they might want a 'huge' game to make the DLC special.

What better way to do that then put their second Xbox game as part of the collection :)? Granted, Bad Fur Day is already part of Rare Replay, so it might be a bit redundant, but with Live and Reloaded's fixes to the original game alongside Rare un-censoring the game, it could be a nice complement to the original Conker :).

Yeah, I guess it would be cool, but like you said, I feel like it would be a bit redundant as well.

Imagine if games like DKC, Goldeneye, Diddy Kong Racing, etc were part of the collection. I know it's not possible, but it would be great if they worked out some sort of deal. It just feels wrong to leave those games out of the collection. They were such an important part of Rare's history. :/

Yeah, I guess it would be cool, but like you said, I feel like it would be a bit redundant as well.

Imagine if games like DKC, Goldeneye, Diddy Kong Racing, etc were part of the collection. I know it's not possible, but it would be great if they worked out some sort of deal. It just feels wrong to leave those games out of the collection. They were such an important part of Rare's history. :/

Basically my two favorite Rare games.

Gartooth

Why? I can't imagine anyone cares too much about the plot of Banjo and it's a totally different game. Nuts and Bolts is one of the best games on the collection, go for it.

My reason is that (gameplay aside) Nuts and Bolts served as a love letter to the series. There are a lot of callbacks, easter eggs, references in the dialogue, etc. Granted it's a minor thing if one doesn't have much love or nostalgia for the series, but I like to bring it up regardless.

I've finished BK a couple of times before. Never played BT though. I didn't really fancy going through that straight after kazooie.

BT is the biggest collectathon in the package so I can see that you may be burned out if you play them in order. Nuts and Bolts has its fair share of collecting too but it doesn't mess with the pacing like Tooie sometimes does.

Camjo-Z

My reason is that (gameplay aside) Nuts and Bolts served as a love letter to the series. There are a lot of callbacks, easter eggs, references in the dialogue, etc. Granted it's a minor thing if one doesn't have much love or nostalgia for the series, but I like to bring it up regardless.

Banjoland alone is reason enough to play the other games first, the whole world is sort of pointless if you don't get all the references and cameos.

The gameplay and graphical enhancements make it worth it even for people who already beat BFD, plus the game apparently had some decent online multiplayer that a lot of people (including me) never got to try out, so it'd be cool to have that up and running again.

Finally picked this up last night...

R.C Pro-Am is still G.O.A.T.

When you are in 4th place and you are in a turn and shoot off a perfectly timed missile to send 3rd place careening into a wall...and you pass him right just as 1st place is crossing the finish line...allowing you live another race...

Gaming bliss. I'm a kid again.

Right there with ya, stormed through the snapshots for RC Pro AM as well. Good times.

Needlecrash

I learned that Throwback Entertainment has the rights to the Wizards and Warriors IP. They aren't really doing anything with it. I feel that Rare should contact them to get it back but that's something I would do though.

Why the fuck can I still not install Jetpac Refuelled? It's at 100% then dies.

Edit: Ok, I deleted it then resign loaded and it instantly worked. WTF.

Wasp

I swear when I looked at the 'scene select' menu a few days ago in Grabbed by the Ghoulies there was book icon next to each scene in which I had found the collectable book in, but now when I look at the same menu there's no book icons at all. Am I going crazy?

Gartooth

The gameplay and graphical enhancements make it worth it even for people who already beat BFD, plus the game apparently had some decent online multiplayer that a lot of people (including me) never got to try out, so it'd be cool to have that up and running again.

I'm kind of baffled that Live and Reloaded didn't make it into the collection. I'm wondering if it was just a matter of workload since the N64 (minus PD, BK, BT) and Xbox games required more work.

I remember hearing that Ghoulies specifically got a lot of TLC to get it working. Combine that with the issue of online multiplayer, and Rare choosing the more popular N64 version, and I can see why it didn't make the cut. I'm sure there were heated debates about it though given how the developers said that it was difficult excluding certain games.

I've never had a crash and I've got 5 snapshots left to do.

I've had 0 crashes so far. Maybe try a hard reset of your Xbox?

I haven't had any crashes at all, yet.

My brother, good friend and I all on separate Xbox Ones, have had numerous crashes while playing the collection. Today wasn't as bad as yesterday, with just one crash after completing ~15 snapshots. Yesterday it crashed three times in as many hours while doing Lunar Jetman snapshots. I've done a hard reset and it didn't help anything before. Are you all using the internal drive of an external?

I fired up Jetpac last night and the collision detection is janky as fuck. Really frustrating

I was able to sort of ignore the clunky collision because of the age of the game, and I enjoyed it otherwise

Lunar Jetman to me though is terribad. Bullshit going on 100% of the time. I won't be continuing with it

Camjo-Z

I swear when I looked at the 'scene select' menu a few days ago in Grabbed by the Ghoulies there was book icon next to each scene in which I had found the collectable book in, but now when I look at the same menu there's no book icons at all. Am I going crazy?

IIRC you have to go to Bonus Challenges and choose the Bonus Books option from there to see which scenes you've gotten the books in.

Finally picked this up last night...

R.C Pro-Am is still G.O.A.T.

When you are in 4th place and you are in a turn and shoot off a perfectly timed missile to send 3rd place careening into a wall...and you pass him right just as 1st place is crossing the finish line...allowing you live another race...

Gaming bliss. I'm a kid again.

RC Pro-Am is probably the first one I'll fire up. I used to SUCK at that shit as a wee lad. That RC Pro-Am type Motorstom game on Vita was pretty fun.

Is it just me or is the camera in Conker's Bad Fur Day absolutely awful? I've messed up so many jumps because of the camera controls.

The jump feels off too. But yeah, especially underwater the camera sucks.

Luckily the checkpoints are so frequent and there's no cost associated with a game over. That game still gets extremely frustrating at times though.

So according to Chris Seavor in the making of Conker video, there might never be another Conker. He says that if the same team were to make a new Conker today, it probably won't turn out good because their "tastes have changed and they've moved on since then."

What do you guys think? Do you believe him? Will we ever get a new Conker game? And if it will be made by the same team that made the original, will it be just as good? Seems like Seavor isn't interested in making a new Conker game.

yeah cartoon games are pretty much dead.

Balb

So according to Chris Seavor in the making of Conker video, there might never be another Conker. He says that if the same team were to make a new Conker today, it probably won't turn out good because their "tastes have changed and they've moved on since then."

What do you guys think? Do you believe him? Will we ever get a new Conker game? And if it will be made by the same team that made the original, will it be just as good? Seems like Seavor isn't interested in making a new Conker game.

If Microsoft asks him to do it, I think he will. Even though what he's saying is true, it'd be hard not to make a sequel to a game you really care about.

My brother, good friend and I all on separate Xbox Ones, have had numerous crashes while playing the collection. Today wasn't as bad as yesterday, with just one crash after completing ~15 snapshots. Yesterday it crashed three times in as many hours while doing Lunar Jetman snapshots. I've done a hard reset and it didn't help anything before. Are you all using the internal drive of an external?

Internal.

Bsigg12

If Microsoft asks him to do it, I think he will. Even though what he's saying is true, it'd be hard not to make a sequel to a game you really care about.

If he doesn't feel like he could do it justice, I could see him passing and at least providing Conker's voice and maybe a little direction.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Oh man that sucks. I ran into a glitch in banjo that prevents me from getting all the notes in the last three worlds. Banjo's is probably an easier fix than conker's since conker is just the 64 game being emulated but still wish they would patch a couple of these things.

How does the Banjo glitch work? Did you play those puzzles in Banjo's house? Too bad you can't safe transfer, I'd volunteer to play the game for you to the point you are now from a fresh save (or is there? If there is, I'll do it).

addyb

Ok started nuts n bolts. Not sure what to make of it. Granted I've only done a couple of challenges but I'm not sure what I was expecting as its not as fun as I thought. Maybe it just hasn't got going yet.

Xemnas89

How does the Banjo glitch work? Did you play those puzzles in Banjo's house? Too bad you can't safe transfer, I'd volunteer to play the game for you to the point you are now from a fresh save (or is there? If there is, I'll do it).

Yeah I did the bottles puzzles in the house. I only had a few minutes to play at the time so I figured I'd just do the puzzles. I don't think you can do save transfers but thank you for the offer.

I thought it was weird that this game has still not been 100% completed by anyone, I mean there had to have been at least one person who already played all the 360 games and has all the achievements, so I looked into it. Supposedly there is a glitch in jet force gemini that will cause a certain achievement to not unlock. The only way to attempt it again is to erase your ENTIRE rare replay save and start over, due to a stamp not unlocking.

ive never played jfg, so I cant really speak into details about it. Here is a thread about it...they are supposedly looking into fixing it now

http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?threadid=5657007&anchor=5672362

While this is happening to a lot of people, there are some that are able to unlock it

Drago

Only just got done with Terrydactyland in B-T (as much as you can do on a first visit anyway) but I already got 150GS for all 10 B-T stamps. Nice.

Rank 20 now. If I can just squeeze out enough stamps to make it to Rank 21 and become a Rare Ambassador, I'll be satisfied :p

I thought it was weird that this game has still not been 100% completed by anyone, I mean there had to have been at least one person who already played all the 360 games and has all the achievements, so I looked into it. Supposedly there is a glitch in jet force gemini that will cause a certain achievement to not unlock. The only way to attempt it again is to erase your ENTIRE rare replay save and start over, due to a stamp not unlocking.

You don't have to 100% the 360 games, just 75% of the achievements.

I read about that glitch. It should be fixed soon, but if not...dannnng

Kinsei

Banned

ive never played jfg, so I cant really speak into details about it. Here is a thread about it...they are supposedly looking into fixing it now

http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?threadid=5657007&anchor=5672362

While this is happening to a lot of people, there are some that are able to unlock it

Well shit. I've already done the one people seem to think is causing the glitch. Hopefully it pops for me. I have noticed the counter going up after each one I've done so fingers crossed!

Is there any concrete reason why they butchered Live and Reloaded so bad? It's hard to believe they went as far as to censor the fucking words "shit" and "twat." I just watched the Great Mighty Poo version on youtube and it is enough to make me never want to play the game in my life. How could they possibly put so much time into a [graphically beautiful] remake and butcher it so bad?

daTRUballin

Is there any concrete reason why they butchered Live and Reloaded so bad? It's hard to believe they went as far as to censor the fucking words "shit" and "twat." I just watched the Great Mighty Poo version on youtube and it is enough to make me never want to play the game in my life. How could they possibly put so much time into a [graphically beautiful] remake and butcher it so bad?

I once read somewhere that places like Wal-Mart refused to sell the game, so MS/Rare censored it so that retail stores won't be reluctant on selling it. I'm not sure if this is true or I might be remembering what I read wrong.

Cynn

I agree. I really want them to re-release Live and Reloaded like they did Ghoulies (1080p/60) and make it 100% uncensored. I'd happily pay them for it.

Banjo all the way.

Conker gets frustrating real quick later in the game.

I literally just stopped playing conker. The camera is awful and i feel the controls aren't as tight as Banjo imo. I don't know how rare could go backwards after banjo 1 and banjo tooie. I love the characters and world but the controls and camera are making me hate this game when i want to love it. Maybe i'm missing something. Please don't kill me GAF.

ramparter

Banned
Oh man that sucks. I ran into a glitch in banjo that prevents me from getting all the notes in the last three worlds. Banjo's is probably an easier fix than conker's since conker is just the 64 game being emulated but still wish they would patch a couple of these things.

What??? I thought this was fixed back then when the 360 Live version was released...

Watched a couple of the video features last night. I'm very happy with them so far but I wish Jet Force wasn't one of the last ones to seemingly be unlocked. I've still got a long way to go to open it up.

Top Bottom