• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay |OT| Jetpacks and Googly Eyes, Here We Come

Ein Bear

I do wish they'd given Conker a bit more polish. The full Banjo/Perfect Dark treatment might have been beyond the scope of the project, but ironing out the framerate would have been nice.

Caayn

This has probably already been asked before but is there is a difference between the 360 BC versions and the versions that are delivered on the disc? Both appear on my console, so I assume that they have a different internal ID but are there other differences?

For example both Banjo Kazooie that I bought on XBLA and Banjo Kazooie from Rare Replay show up in my collection.

Are you sure they're not just using the boost from the track?

Considering that it's always the yellow car and there is a weird sound effect before he gets his super speed even without any boosts on the level, yeah, I'm sure.

And now Jetpac Refuelled has stopped working for some reason :/

Started getting the random freezes in Blast Corps after hitting the hard missions. Hope they're aware and are working on a patch because it was pretty great before that point.

1upmuffin

Reading this thread makes me want to buy it instantly when getting home today.

It was the first thing I bought on my Xbox One; even if you are interested in just a few of the games you won't regret it. Great pack.

Also, daTRUballin, I've tried that before and it didn't help much. The problem is that I miss stuff like notes when I'm doing Kazooie's swimming or its super slow when I do Banjo swimming.

Berordn

Considering that it's always the yellow car and there is a weird sound effect before he gets his super speed even without any boosts on the level, yeah, I'm sure.

And now Jetpac Refuelled has stopped working for some reason :/

Mine's stuck on "updating 100%" and not letting me uninstall it from the dashboard now...

Lothar

Banned
I'm missing five notes from the first stage of Banjo Kazooie. Where might they be? The only things I can see that's left is a Totum Poll and a bull.

FyreWulff

This has probably already been asked before but is there is a difference between the 360 BC versions and the versions that are delivered on the disc? Both appear on my console, so I assume that they have a different internal ID but are there other differences?

For example both Banjo Kazooie that I bought on XBLA and Banjo Kazooie from Rare Replay show up in my collection.

none whatsoever, just a result of how they packaged them

Woffls

'High Fives All Round' is the last achievement I need for Nuts & Bolts. It's for being on the winning team in a ranked team game, but I can't even get into a ranked team game. Anyone else need it?

If I own rare replay digitally, am I able to download banjo kazooie on my 360? Or is it only playable from an XB1?
I have the digital version and I do not own Perfect Dark arcade on 360 as a result of it, so I assume the case is the same with Banjo Kazooie and other 360 titles. I think they're actually different entities in the store.

RowdyReverb

Is anyone else having a lot of trouble with the Clinger Winger stage of Battletoads? It's the one where you have to hold a d-pad direction and change at just the right moment to outrun a multicolored ball. I am ready to tear my hair out at this stage. I'm wondering if part of the difficulty isn't because I'm not playing on a CRT TV with faster response times

MrGerbils

Is anyone else having a lot of trouble with the Clinger Winger stage of Battletoads? It's the one where you have to hold a d-pad direction and change at just the right moment to outrun a multicolored ball. I am ready to tear my hair out at this stage. I'm wondering if part of the difficulty isn't because I'm not playing on a CRT TV with faster response times

It's one of the hardest levels in the history of gaming.

Lothar

Banned

I believe that is a problem. Bad Luck Bootsy called it the easiest stage in the game except for the first one here, but said he couldn't do it on a HDTV. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLOoqBM2iNU If you want to cheat it, try pausing at each turn. That will make it easier to tell if you're pressing a direction at the right time. I did it without pausing yesterday but it took me two continues worth of lives.

Xemnas89

A couple days ago I mention have a glitch that kept me from getting the last four notes in the last three worlds. Well apparently only mad monster was affected as I just got all the notes in rusty bucket bay. Not sure yet if click clock wood will be the same. I find it strange that it's only mad monster mansion as the original glitch affected the final three worlds.

daTRUballin

Does anybody else find it kinda strange that Rare have only made one XBLA game during all these years. Exactly one.

The Banjo Kazooie/Tooie and PD ports weren't handled by them. They were by 4J Studios. I'm pretty sure Rare was working on XBLA games that were never released (like the Goldeneye remake, Fast and Furriest, etc.), but it's just very weird that Rare themselves have only released Jetpac Refuelled and nothing else on XBLA.

kvothe

Does anybody else find it kinda strange that Rare have only made one XBLA game during all these years. Exactly one.

The Banjo Kazooie/Tooie and PD ports weren't handled by them. They were by 4J Studios. I'm pretty sure Rare was working on XBLA games that were never released (like the Goldeneye remake, Fast and Furriest, etc.), but it's just very weird that Rare themselves have only released Jetpac Refuelled and nothing else on XBLA.

Why do you find that crazy? They weren't known for making small, downloadable titles.

daTRUballin

Why do you find that crazy? They weren't known for making small, downloadable titles.

Well yeah, but it's just weird how they didn't seem to utilize XBLA all that much. A company with a huge backlog of games like Rare is perfectly suited to XBLA, I would think.

Plus the fact that they're a first party and they released barely anything on XBLA. Although I guess most of Microsoft's first parties haven't really utilized XBLA all that much anyway.

RK128

For all we know, a number of their scrapped prototypes/concepts were originally XBLA games, but they never saw the light of day, leading them to not landing on XBLA :l.

daTRUballin

For all we know, a number of their scrapped prototypes/concepts were originally XBLA games, but they never saw the light of day, leading them to not landing on XBLA :l.

Yeah, that is true. As I've said, they were remaking Goldeneye for XBLA, but that didn't release due to legal issues. They were also making a kart racer called "The Fast and the Furriest", and that got cancelled as well. I'm sure they were working on other XBLA projects. :/

RK128

Yeah, that is true. As I've said, they were remaking Goldeneye for XBLA, but that didn't release due to legal issues. They were also making a kart racer called "The Fast and the Furriest", and that got cancelled as well. I'm sure they were working on other XBLA projects. :/

If the rights issues got resolved, I'm sure Goldeneye XBLA can find some way to the X1 in the future :).

Have hope that Rare including Fast and the Furriest (alongside Kameo 2 and Sundown) was to give those projects exposure, that way when they are re-announced for the Xbox One, it would be a really great announcement; games back from the dead due to great interest in them by fans and Microsoft :D.

daTRUballin

If the rights issues got resolved, I'm sure Goldeneye XBLA can find some way to the X1 in the future :).

Have hope that Rare including Fast and the Furriest (alongside Kameo 2 and Sundown) was to give those projects exposure, that way when they are re-announced for the Xbox One, it would be a really great announcement; games back from the dead due to great interest in them by fans and Microsoft :D.

Yeah. I've mentioned this before in this thread, but imagine if games like Donkey Kong Country, Goldeneye, Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, etc were in Rare Replay. I know that will never happen, but it just feels kinda wrong leaving these games out of the collection. They were such an important part of Rare's history, especially DKC and GE. :/

Drago

Heh, just got to Canary Mary in Cloud Cuckooland.

Hehe. Hehehe. HEHEHEHHEEHHEHEHEJJJJWHEHEHSHDHSHWJJW

Where can I buy an Xbox One controller with turbo?

G0523

Heh, just got to Canary Mary in Cloud Cuckooland.

Hehe. Hehehe. HEHEHEHHEEHHEHEHEJJJJWHEHEHSHDHSHWJJW

Where can I buy an Xbox One controller with turbo?

I said this in the RTTP thread for Banjo-Kazooie but I'll post it here too:

Turns out there's a trick to beating her in Cloud Cuckooland. Instead of mashing the buttons as fast as you can, try to mash the buttons in a sort of constant rhythm. Then when you're near the end, sprint to beat her! I learned of this when I was replaying Banjo-Tooie some years back and it worked like a charm. Basically, Canary Mary only goes as fast as you are.

Drago

I said this in the RTTP thread for Banjo-Kazooie but I'll post it here too:
I tried but it doesn't work for me. No matter how constant and consistently I push, or no matter how fast I can possibly push the button when I fall behind, controller on flat surface or otherwise she just instantly ends the race as soon as it starts basically. I just can't do it.

G0523

I tried but it doesn't work for me. No matter how constant and consistently I push, or no matter how fast I can possibly push the button when I fall behind, controller on flat surface or otherwise she just instantly ends the race as soon as it starts basically. I just can't do it.

Have you tried using your first two fingers instead of your thumb?

Xemnas89

Just finished Banjo Kazooie with 100 jiggies, all the honeycombs, and 896 notes. It's a terrible thing knowing I can't get those last four notes in Mad Monster Mansion.

bumpkin

Just finished Banjo Kazooie with 100 jiggies, all the honeycombs, and 896 notes. It's a terrible thing knowing I can't get those last four notes in Mad Monster Mansion.
Why can't you go back and get them? Glitch?

Grunty's Furnace Fun is a pain in the ass. I hate how some squares let you retry them but others send you back to the beginning if you fail.

Top Bottom