• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and Clank All 4 One |OT| Bros Before Foes

Played through the first level. Nothing too mind blowing but it sure is beautiful. I'm glad there's a hard difficulty as well.

I also learned an important lesson. When starting a new title for the first time, always have your system language set to your own. Or else your trophy data is permanently saved in the other language. In my case, Japanese.

TripOpt55

jstevenson said:
let me know. We are of course keeping an eye out for any weird bugs, but the Day 1 Patch addresses most (if not all) the progression related ones
I went in to check real quick just to see and I have my bolts and weapons, but don't seem to have leveled up any. I should have leveled up a bit I'd think if it is like other Ratchet games. Also, I was not signed into PSN when I played. Could that be why? I am going to play more this morning. Maybe this will be a non-issue who knows. I just thought it was curious so I mentioned it.

Edit: And I leveled up. I was looking at the bar as an experience bar that would fill up until it reached the top and you'd hit level 1, but each little notch really is a level. Oh well sorry about that. I guess I was just looking at it the wrong way.

Anyway, I am enjoying the game. It is quite a bit different, but I am having fun. I love couch co-op and if some friends come over this weekend, I will definitely be giving it a try with them. Should be sweet.

MrPliskin

Banned
I can't get over how GOOD the game looks. The drop to 30fps and the controlled camera really let them polish things up visually. Still having a ton of fun, and the team functions of the different weapons are pretty cool when you start steam rolling with 3 other people against a boss.

While the game is largely linear, there absolutely are things you have to stray from the beaten path to find, and the side missions to earn Ryno parts are pretty fun. All in all, I'm definitely digging this game. It's not a traditional R&C title, but it is DEFINITELY Ratchet and Clank.

been doing co-op with my non-gamer (tho major clank fan) wife, &, yeah, this game gets it all down just about perfectly. not your traditional r&c, but still r&c through'n'through: pretty, wacky, & lovable. thanks, insomniac :) ...

Apdiddy

I really want to get this, but I may wait on a price drop or if it'll be on sale during November/December. The game looks amazing from what I saw on Qore.

Have Insomniac said if they'll be any DLC plans for this? I would love if you could play through missions from earlier games in the 4 player co-op format!

MrPliskin

Banned
Apdiddy said:
I really want to get this, but I may wait on a price drop or if it'll be on sale during November/December. The game looks amazing from what I saw on Qore.

Have Insomniac said if they'll be any DLC plans for this? I would love if you could play through missions from earlier games in the 4 player co-op format!
I hope they offer some really difficult co-op side missions. The ones so far are fun, but there hasn't been a huge sense of urgency this far. Hopefully they get the memo and give us a challenge pack!

chiQ

Ended up getting the CE, since there was very little price difference, and got a Ratchet plushie and some PSN stuff. Nice.

I'm going to play through solo at home, and play it through with some workmates at work. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out single-player versus multi-player.

Giant Bomb Review 3/5

Ratchet & Clank with multiplayer works--mostly. Unfortunately, the emphasis on chaos over control doesn’t always favor fun, which means multiplayer thrill seekers are left with a sometimes unsatisfying experience and Rachet & Clank diehards may want to think about replaying an already released game to get their fix.

MrPliskin

Banned
DigiMish said:
How is this game solo?

It's slower than it is co-op, because your AI counter part always needs a second or so to do whatever you need to. It's not TERRIBLY slow, but a little slower. Plus there is a LOT of banter that you'll never get to hear if you only play it solo.

That said, it is an AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME social game when you've got some friends around. We have as much fun playing this as we did NSMB Wii. Tossing your buddies off of a cliff is great fun.

Basch

Sad to say I won't be picking this up for a while yet, but, if it's any consolation to Insomniac, I'll be picking up Resistance 3 this week. ^_^

Kintaro said:
GameTrailers review.

The bugs shown in the video are hilarious. lol
Seriously, what the hell happened with this title? Hope the patch fixed this stuff because none of the Ratchets have ever had these kind of glitches. And when they did have glitches, it was awesome ones like the infinite bolt glitch in the first game.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Kintaro said:
GameTrailers review.

The bugs shown in the video are hilarious. lol

Yeah just like Resistance 3, let me guess? wait for Patch after Patch, I wonder what Overstrike is going to be like if these 2 titles speak anything about Insomniac Games

It might be the best place to work at 13 years straight and going, but both these 2 titles are suffering from debilitating issues out the gate, I mean come the fuck on

Damn, will wait for Bargain Bin, half those issues in the Beta are in Retail, I even stated in on page 1 of this OT

Game should've been $29.99 tops, maybe $39.99, but @$59.99 it's fucking Highway Robbery

Does Mr. Zurkon have a substantial role in this game? I remember hearing that he was some sort of pre-order bonus or something... I can't support that shit if that's the case, Zurkon is seriously the difference between me buying this new or used.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
revolverjgw said:
Does Mr. Zurkon have a substantial role in this game? I remember hearing that he was some sort of pre-order bonus or something... I can't support that shit if that's the case, Zurkon is seriously the difference between me buying this new or used.

He's just a regular weapon in the game, far as I could tell playing it.

MrPliskin

Banned
revolverjgw said:
Zurcon Is a preorder. Bonus, but will almost. Certainly be free at a later date.

Also, has anyone seen any of those bugs? I've logged about 8 hours and haven't seen any of that once.

MrPliskin said:
Zurcon Is a preorder. Bonus, but will almost. Certainly be free at a later date.

Also, has anyone seen any of those bugs? I've logged about 8 hours and haven't seen any of that once.

Then I will pick this up at a later date

I am disappointed, Insomniac. And after the renaissance that was Resistance 3, tsk tsk

MrPliskin

Banned
revolverjgw said:
Then I will pick this up at a later date

I am disappointed, Insomniac. And after the renaissance that was Resistance 3, tsk tsk
These things are almost always Publisher mandated. Blame Sony.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
MrPliskin said:

That is what the industry is doing, so Sony is just being a follower, why be a leader/trendsetter

I mean Mr. Zurkon with R&C, Air Fuel Grenades exclusive to Best Buy, hell Twisted Metal has Axel as a pre-order bonus

What do you say about the Gametrailers review Pliskin?

Seriously, not trolling, the gave it a 7, so it isn't BigMutha'Truckas bad, but those glitches happened a ton in the beta

MrPliskin said:

Yeah, you're right.

But of all things they could have cut, why did it have to be the 2nd best character in the series? This shit's got to stop.

Chairhome

Hmm, guess I should check out the quick look. I bought this during the toys r us sale but haven't opened it yet, maybe I should return it?

MrPliskin

Banned
GraveRobberX said:
That is what the industry is doing, so Sony is just being a follower, why be a leader/trendsetter

I mean Mr. Zurkon with R&C, Air Fuel Grenades exclusive to Best Buy, hell Twisted Metal has Axel as a pre-order bonus

Seriously, not trolling, the gave it a 7, so it isn't BigMutha'Truckas bad, but those glitches happened a ton in the beta
I thought it was fair to a point, but I'm not sure they were playing post patch. I played a few hours today with Randoms, and no one had heard of dying through the floor, etc.

I did see the hookshot glitch, but you can literally let it go and press L2 and it fixes itself immediately. I have bigger issues with the Destructoid "review"

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
GraveRobberX said:
Yeah just like Resistance 3, let me guess? wait for Patch after Patch, I wonder what Overstrike is going to be like if these 2 titles speak anything about Insomniac Games

It might be the best place to work at 13 years straight and going, but both these 2 titles are suffering from debilitating issues out the gate, I mean come the fuck on

Damn, will wait for Bargain Bin, half those issues in the Beta are in Retail, I even stated in on page 1 of this OT

Game should've been $29.99 tops, maybe $39.99, but @$59.99 it's fucking Highway Robbery

Maybe they are so devoted to Overstrike that Resistance 3 and All 4 One didn't get the full polish they needed. Though I absolutely loved Resistance 3, I just felt they phoned in the characters and didn't take care of the bugs on time.

I haven't played through All 4 One yet so I can't comment on the price, but from what I've seen it seems like a high budget title. You just need 3 friends to really have fun with it.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
GraveRobberX said:

The last thing Sony is, with games, is being a follower. They've brought us a lot of unique titles over the years like Ico, SOTC, Flower, Heavy Rain etc. They take chances on games that other publishers don't. I just feel that Insomniac going multi-platform may have changed their commitment to the titles. I have a feeling all their passion is devoted to Overstrike.

Still looking for All 4 One players in here so unless everyone in here is trolling the game and hasn't bought it, add me and we'll have some co-op fun together!

PSN: thunderbear

But again, I loved R3 and felt it was way underrated. If you haven't played it through yourself I don't feel you're qualified to make a statement.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
revolverjgw said:

you can get Zurkon in the game without pre-ordering. he's a normal weapon. you just get him much earlier if you pre-order

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Basch said:
Sad to say I won't be picking this up for a while yet, but, if it's any consolation to Insomniac, I'll be picking up Resistance 3 this week. ^_^

works for me I guess, as long as you eventually get A41 too ;-)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Jim Sterling calling you mature is a compliment?
Kind of tiresome to keep reading 'game journalist' judging devs maturity or moral or whatever.

I dont even know if 'game journalism' is part of the game industry.

SykoTech

Not surprised this is getting lower reviews than usual for the series. Not only is it spinoff-y, but it's the first game from their new studio rather than from their veteran groups.

Still expecting to enjoy this title, but I'm not anticipating it being as excellent as most R&C games. Honestly, the main reason I'm buying Day 1 is to support the franchise.

Top Bottom