• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus |OT| Wanna know why they call it RYNOplasty?

Fireflu

Trying to redeem my code for the Pyronex armour on the PS Store and it keeps telling me my code is invalid.

Same here, its really annoying. I contacted the retailer (in my case ShopTo in the UK) and they said this:

"I'm very sorry to hear about the problem with your PSN code. In a situation like this we do have procedures that must be followed before a replacement code can be given. We appropriate this isn't your fault and we hope to resolve this problem for you as soon as possible for you. Please follow the steps below:

- Contact SONY on 0844 736 0595
- Provide your PSN Details and your code
- Take note of any information they provide
- If they are unable to provide a resolution for you contact us
- Provide your SONY call reference and full details of the problem"

dralla

That armor is ugly anyway, it's the kind that covers Ratchet up almost completely. I uninstalled it almost immediately after seeing it. One of the best things about ACiT was that since I had Q4B I could select the pirate Ratchet skin. I'd get all the armor upgrades but still got to play as regular Ratchet with a pirate hat. It's a small thing that not a lot of people care about, but there's something inherently more enjoyable about playing as Ratchet looking like himself.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm missing 3 of those horns and I can't find them anywhere on Thram. It's driving me nuts.

I keep thinking I'm missing a creature in the water but there doesn't seem to be any left.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Great, distilled R&C game. Definitely lives up to the billing as an epilogue to the Future series, specifically in the way in which it brings together the best gameplay mechanics and level concepts of the series. Even got a very tiny homage to my series favorite spherical worlds in there. Really enjoyed it from start to finish, and playing on Legend difficulty kept the challenge pretty steady.

I'd be lying if I said I would have minded another planet or two. I certainly don't feel cheated for the price though, and it'll make a run through for Challenge mode more approachable.

Not quite sure where I'd rank it overall, but it's not far from the top. Right up there with two main Future entries in the series.

BHZ Mayor

That armor is ugly anyway, it's the kind that covers Ratchet up almost completely. I uninstalled it almost immediately after seeing it. One of the best things about ACiT was that since I had Q4B I could select the pirate Ratchet skin. I'd get all the armor upgrades but still got to play as regular Ratchet with a pirate hat. It's a small thing that not a lot of people care about, but there's something inherently more enjoyable about playing as Ratchet looking like himself.

So glad I'm not the only one who feels this way about the armor. I loved the fact that Up Your Arsenal had a classic skin and hate that later games didn't have one (with the exception of the pirate hat).

Camjo-Z

I'm missing 3 of those horns and I can't find them anywhere on Thram. It's driving me nuts.

I keep thinking I'm missing a creature in the water but there doesn't seem to be any left.

If you're having trouble then just finish the Destructapalooza gold tournament first, beating it gives you
an item that lets you see all gold bolts/RYNO plans/horns on the map

Derrick01

Banned
If you're having trouble then just finish the Destructapalooza gold tournament first, beating it gives you
an item that lets you see all gold bolts/RYNO plans/horns on the map

Ah thanks I keep forgetting there's usually something like that in these games.

This game is beautiful, I forgot how wonderfully colourful these games are. I rewatched the cutscenes from the first 3 Future games to get caught up, its been so long since A Crack in Time.

How good is the story in this one so far? As a reference, I consider R&C1 to have the best plot, with Crack in Time as a close second. Hope to pick it up tonight, but the PS4 arriving might be distracting, lol.

dralla

Yea, this happened to me. I missed 3 of the bone structure ones. Some of them are tricky to spot. Luckily traversing that area is a lot of fun.

How good is the story in this one so far? As a reference, I consider R&C1 to have the best plot, with Crack in Time as a close second. Hope to pick it up tonight, but the PS4 arriving might be distracting, lol.

There's not much here. It's not as long as the other games and most of the time is spent playing and not watching. It's a very straight forward story, nothing all that memorable aside from some great designs for the villains.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Short and succinct, doesn't deviate much from the series lighthearted tone, though it does grow the relationship of R&C themselves in a notable way, matures them a little. I thought it was a nice touch, without overdoing it.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
man. I was playing last night for my first time on the retail code at home and

the swamp planet is just so good. Hover boots + jet pack plus tons of area to explore.

Nice way to send my PS3 out before the PS4 takes its place tomorrow

Suzzopher

Holy shit! This game is gorgeous! The game has really scratched my itch for a Ratchet game.

I love the Clank sections too.

Edit: @James Stevenson when is the iOS game out? (I'm in Europe)

My man... i do the same thing... pirate hat FTW.

the swamp planet is just so good. Hover boots + jet pack plus tons of area to explore.

Nice way to send my PS3 out before the PS4 takes its place tomorrow

Dude... OG ratchet skin should be a mandatory skin unlock in all Ratchet games.

andshrew

Same here, its really annoying. I contacted the retailer (in my case ShopTo in the UK) and they said this:

"I'm very sorry to hear about the problem with your PSN code. In a situation like this we do have procedures that must be followed before a replacement code can be given. We appropriate this isn't your fault and we hope to resolve this problem for you as soon as possible for you. Please follow the steps below:

- Contact SONY on 0844 736 0595
- Provide your PSN Details and your code
- Take note of any information they provide
- If they are unable to provide a resolution for you contact us
- Provide your SONY call reference and full details of the problem"

Wait until tomorrow, Sony may not have activated the codes yet.

Camjo-Z

For sure. Jetpack is the best addition to the series in quite some time IMO!

Kujo

Done and done

iQWpP9h.jpg

h4McOwE.jpg

TripOpt55

Is there a way to edit your weapons positions on your selection wheel? I like to have certain weapons in certain positions and can't find this option. Might have just overlooked it.

spliced

Whelp beat the game and am about half way through challenge mode now. I'm happy with it, the game is fun to go through again. I would have liked a full game like this but I'll take what I can get. Still have over half the skill points left to get, some of them have me stumped.

mishakoz

I'm loving this game.

It makes me so nostalgic for the good Ratchet games, especially PS2 era ones, and hoping this game is a stepping stone to a great ratchet adventure.

1) I loved that you could essentially beat one leg of the 4th planet by activating the thruster pack early.

2) love some of the weapons, but the most pleasant surprise was the
zurkon and family
, which I did not expect after zurkon had been in what, like 6 games now? Though there definitely needs to be more creativity, and bring back the singularity gun from UYA

3) I just love the way Juanita (I looked up the name earlier but let's face it she will always be Juanita) says ratchets names. She's a good villian, fucking great voice actor

4) there's needs to be more voiceover in general. Zurkon and the arena annoucer repeat so much, and especially zurkons lines are sooooooooo old now.

5) ratchet tends to be a bit bipolar. Its like insomniac are trying to decide between PS2 era ratchet and PS3 era ratchet, one obviously a bit more edgy and the other a more straight hero type. This is evident throughout the game, but especially evident in the battle against neftin where he says
"neftin this isn't you? What if the eye hurts your sister? Etc." And the very next line is "you're going to pay for what you did to Cronk and zephyr
. I like that hero ratchet came out of progression of character from edgy ratchet, so now just keep it consistent, or at least don't have hime constantly switch emotions.

6) thugs 4 less is cool, but their design doesn't allow for enough comedic possibility. The guy from ratchet 2 was awesome because he, and other thugs, could be expressive.

7) 3 upgrade levels isn't enough, I really stop using weapons once they are upgraded. Maybe there could be a prestige like system where, during the first run, once a gun is completed leveling you can reset the levels for some sort of minor weapon mod, like an omega mod from deadlocked. Keep stacking them and by the end of the game your blaster could have pyro, ice, shock, infect, time bomb, and other mods. It will be a nice chance to abuse those ps4 particle effects.

Thanks insomniac. I'm so glad FFA was not the last ratchet on ps3.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"

Got to that planet and I smiled, for much the same reason. Love when you guys put an area like that in R&C.

Jetpack+hoverboots all day.

sorry to hear that. not sure if you hit specific crash bugs or if it's something else, but still, bums me out. :-/

I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary... I was able to fire it up right away and played a couple more hours without incident so it's all good. Sorry I sounded harsh but it happened at a very inopportune time haha.

Yeah, I'm having such a blast with it.

Although I'm kind of being a dick right now and grinding Raritanium at the in-game coliseum so I can max out all of my weapon upgrades *before* starting Challenge mode. I can't help myself.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Yeah, I'm having such a blast with it.

Although I'm kind of being a dick right now and grinding Raritanium at the in-game coliseum so I can max out all of my weapon upgrades *before* starting Challenge mode. I can't help myself.

the last two levels give TONS of Raritanium tho

AwRy108

Can't wait to play this tonight! Such an awesome swan song for the incredible library that the PS3 has given us!

As a future PS4 owner, I have so many bad feels knowing that Insomniac's next title is exclusive to the XBone...

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Can't wait to play this tonight! Such an awesome swan song for the incredible library that the PS3 has given us!

As a future PS4 owner, I have so many bad feels knowing that Insomniac's next title is exclusive to the XBone...

We started the PS3 with RFOM. Let's shut it down with Ratchet Nexus. :)

jstevenson, I can totally tell that there's at least one person at Insomniac who is really bummed that the
Orphanage level's crib/créche room
didn't get to have nearly as many moving parts as was obviously originally envisioned for it, just one
crib
moving in a cycle. I am bummed too, but sometimes stuff like that just doesn't happen by release; I understand. Find whoever that person is and give them a hug from me.

That whole area's really, really lovely from an art perspective, regardless.

Derrick01

Banned
Finished it about an hour ago. Really enjoyed it despite the shorter length, but it really was a return to form. I'm going to clean up the trophies on challenge mode hopefully before PS4 gets here tomorrow.

jstevenson I really hope you guys get 1 more shot at Ratchet on PS4 in the form of a full blown AAA game or whatever the traditional Ratchets are classified as. Sony needs to give us 1 last big game if they plan on sending the series off.

jstevenson I really hope you guys get 1 more shot at Ratchet on PS4 in the form of a full blown AAA game or whatever the traditional Ratchets are classified as. Sony needs to give us 1 last big game if they plan on sending the series off.

Seconded. Take your best people and lock them away for 3 years and blow our minds the fuck away.

spliced

When I was going for the gold bolt
near the orphanage I saw on the Treasure Mapper where it was and was trying to figure how the heck to get over there and I saw this little piece of wood sticking out at the top of the tower so I jumped on it and glided over to the bolt and thought wow that's a pretty tricky one. Then as I'm try to figure out how to get back I see the Hoover boots ramp haha.

Oh totally, but is that as fast as I can get it by repeatedly murdering the Progbot in like 4 seconds a go with the RYNO?

lol. I was leveling up my Ryno on the Rabid Gargathon, when I finally got it fully decked out at level 3 I couldn't believe how fast he went down. I didn't know health meters could move that fast.

Satchel

Banned

Use the jetpack and fly around heaps.

Took me a while to find the last dragon and it was like right near the main launching area where Croc Dundee dude is lol. Looked EVERYWHERE and then oticed it in the corner of my eye flying back to the main pad.

Downhome

I have a really quick, sorta relevant, story.

I downloaded Quest For Booty years ago when it first came out back in 2008 (my God, I can't believe it has been so long ago). Up to that point I always kept up to date on R&C games since it's one of my favorite properties. Anyway, back then I got stuck on the part where you are on the island and you have to defeat wave after wave of the pirates. I could SOMETIMES get to the part where you get to the turret to shoot the guns on the boat, but even that was hard for me to get to. Back then, in 2008, I flat out gave up. Since then I have gone back to the game maybe twice a year to attempt to beat that part but I never had any luck. Earlier today I realized the new game was out and thought I'd go back and once again try to beat that part.

You see, I never wanted to continue the series until I finally beat that one single part, and ultimately the game. I bought A Crack in Time, but I have NEVER played it, again, because I wanted to get past QFB before I moved on.

Anyway, I was trying earlier tonight getting more and more pissed off. I've never had a problem with any of these games, ever, until this one part. I then thought, well, lets check options.

I had the difficulty on the highest setting.

You see, I had forgot that I always played these games on that setting to give me a challenge. It's just, apparently this one part was just too much for me. I've tried it dozens of times over the years, maybe even a hundred times or more.

So I changed the difficulty tonight.

My God.

Yep, first try after doing that, AFTER WAITING FOR OVER FIVE YEARS, I got past that part in just a matter of minutes, easy as cake, no problem at all.

I can finally move on past this game since I'm sure I'll have it beaten in no time now.

This may be the stupidest I've ever felt in my entire gaming life.

In that time I met my wife, dated her, got married, and have been married over two years now!

Ugh.

Top Bottom