• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank Trilogy (Vita) |OT| Hey, how about a wedgie for old times' sake?

Alric

Yes, as the Vita isn't region-locked for retail carts (for example, you could import a JP-only Vita game for your NA Vita and it would still work fine). The issue comes with DLC (as it is tied with the region the game is linked to, so a JP only game would only have its DLC workable if you are on a JP PSN accounts).

With the Ratchet Collection though, it should be no issues at all; if there is a patch, then you will get it and I doubt a collection is going to get DLC. If you want a retail version (as I doubt the US will have one) or just want to play the game now, then import it :D.

Thanks man, yeah importing looks the way to go.

Tambini

Completed Ratchet 1 already (forgot how hard it was!).

Onto number 2 which is also the best in my opinion. Only thing I'm having trouble with is using the back touch pad for strafing, but I found my vita grip which makes things a lot easier.
Number 2 seems good as far as the lag goes, which there was a little bit in some areas of the first game.

VLiberty

How are you guys handling the console while strafing? Are you using forefinger to strafe?

I tried playing with forefinger always on R. Middlefinger is on the lower half along with the other fingers, if I want to strafe I just move it up. It's not as comfortable as R2 but it's still good imo

Never played the OG Rachet and Clanks (no ps2)

But I played the future games and the psp ones and loved them.

Should I pick this up, or wait for rachet redux on PS4?

The Redux is pretty much going to be a different game than the 1st so you should pick this up.

Drago

Just ordered a copy on Amazon.co.uk, only came out to $42 shipped which is a good price. Should have it within two weeks.

Thanks SCEA >_>

e: dang, not expected to get it until July 25 now. At least it gives me a lot of time to finish up the Sly Collection. :p

Just ordered a copy on Amazon.co.uk, only came out to $42 shipped which is a good price. Should have it within two weeks.

Thanks SCEA >_>

I decided I'm giving them 3 weeks to give me word about it, then I'll pull the trigger. I really want it on there digitally :/

It's always awesome to find out you've got new games on Vita because you had bought them on PS3 some time ago.

Having played Jak on Vita recently and one hour of the first Ratchet tonight, this isn't remotely comparable. The framerate isn't great but it's been a pretty stable 30ish so far, I do believe the IQ could be better but overall, it's not bad looking. And most importantly, it plays well. I'd say it's pretty serviceable so far and it definitely feels like Ratchet.

As opposed to Jak where the game was mangled and the terrible framerate actually affected gameplay and made everything aggravating: a platformer where you aren't 100% sure double jump will register is a terrible experience.

So yeah, so far so good.

Apocryphon

Bought from the UK store. Can't download from the download list as it says it can't be downloaded on the platform but searching for Ratchet game me the games to buy individually and the trilogy. I do love crossbuy :)

Bought from the UK store. Can't download from the download list as it says it can't be downloaded on the platform but searching for Ratchet game me the games to buy individually and the trilogy. I do love crossbuy :)
It's up? Yes! Thank you man, can get in some UYA before work :)

NolbertoS

Imported this to the US. Damn SCEA, not giving a flying **** about us US PS Vita gamers. Had to also import Sword Art Online Engrish version. Seems importing will be the only norm soon for all US PS Vita owners wanting software

oggob

Played til Metropolis on the first game... Aside from the slight input lag (kinda seems like Ratchet is on ice or a polished floor), it runs pretty damn well...

Can't wait to get to UYA!!!

Just started the Ratchet 2 port. Strafing is mapped to the back touch screen. Not sure how I feel about this.

Just downloaded ratchet 2 and I'm sure how i feel about this... absolute rubbish.
why on earth couldn't they map strafing to the left or right shoulder buttons and move crouching/first person mode somewhere else.
Why are there no simple control options?

Carl

why on earth couldn't they map strafing to the left or right shoulder buttons and move crouching/first person mode somewhere else.

Then people would complain that crouching is mapped to back touch. They can't win no matter what they put on there.

Then people would complain that crouching is mapped to back touch. They can't win no matter what they put on there.
They can win by mapping a less crucial move to the touchpad, or at least give control options.
so glad i already payed money for the ps3 versions and these were free, otherwise i would be pissed (even more so)
Can you not map it to the d-pad?
No, people that say you can are lying, i'm sitting here right now and the only control option is whether or not you want quick weapon select pause by pressing triangle.
the dpad is used to move ratchet

Just playing the R&C PS2 entries for the first time on this. Got to the logging place in 1, and really liking it. The controls are a little slippery on movement but it doesn't really impede me as long as I'm aware of it, and I'm told it clears up on the second game.

Carl

They can win by mapping a less crucial move to the touchpad, or at least give control options.
so glad i already payed money for the ps3 versions and these were free, otherwise i would be pissed (even more so)

Crouching is hardly crucial

18-Volt

Ratchet & Clank is ~900mb,
Ratchet & Clank 2 is ~1200mb
Ratchet & Clank 3 is ~1500mb

Why does it say 12.8 gb in total on my PSN? (RC1 3GB, RC2 4.5GB, RC3 5,2GB)

Plus, do you guys know a method to switch Vita accounts more easily? Fyi I have multiple memory cards.

Suzzopher

No, people that say you can are lying, i'm sitting here right now and the only control option is whether or not you want quick weapon select by pressing triangle.
the dpad is used to move ratchet

Well that is a bit crap.

Hanmik

Why does it say 12.8 gb in total on my PSN? (RC1 3GB, RC2 4.5GB, RC3 5,2GB)

Plus, do you guys know a method to switch Vita accounts more easily? Fyi I have multiple memory cards.

that must be the PS3 versions..
WojJgBd.jpg

Carl

i meant that strafing is crucial, they should have relegated crouching or first person to the touchpad, as it stands the game is almost unplayable for me.

Oh, apologies - i lost track of the conversation. Haven't had a chance to try it yet but sounds like it'll work alright.

Is there no way to remap the controls the way you can with PS1 games on the vita?

sadly no, there are no control options so far.
tested ratchet 1+2, dowloading 3 now. but i have a feeling all 3 will be deleted and never touched again in about 20 minutes time.

update: ratchet 3 has a lock strafe option which is better but still not quite there for me.
Such a shame that they couldn't just give the option of moving the strafe anywhere other than the touchpad, especially as the shoulder buttons are wasted with crouching and first person when then would be perfect.

VLiberty

I really can't understand what's the problem with strafing... you know there's a specific area to press and it's not the full touchpad right?

And you can't be serious about crouching/first person on the touchpad. That would have been terrible, just look at J&D collection

I really can't understand what's the problem with strafing... you know there's a specific area to press and it's not the full touchpad right?

And you can't be serious about crouching/first person on the touchpad. That would have been terrible, just look at J&D collection

yes i do know that it's only a specific area on the touchpad, and yes i am perfectly serious about having crouching on the touchpad, strafing is far more used than crouching in this series and the shoulder button would have been much better.
I can see that i'm probably going to be in the minority here that thinks this way though, for most people the touchpad will be fine.

Tambini

Ratchet 2 has crashed 3 times for me in about an hour and a half game time :\

Didn't crash once in the first game.

VLiberty

yes i do know that it's only a specific area on the touchpad, and yes i am perfectly serious about having crouching on the touchpad, strafing is far more used than crouching in this series and the shoulder button would have been much better.
I can see that i'm probably going to be in the minority here that thinks this way though, for most people the touchpad will be fine.

That fact that you think crouching/1st person on the touchpad would be better makes me raising a question: how do you hold the console? Because I usually hold it making all the fingers rest on the touchpad. This way having crouching and fp on touchpad would have been messy, since I would inadvertently trigger them. (also: crouching is actually crucial in R&C and needed definitely a button)

This way I can strafe AND/OR rest my fingers on the console.

Anth1888

Enjoying the original more that I thought I would - probably because of nostalgia, not played R&C 1 since it released on PS2.

Don't agree with crounching not being crucial I'm always pressing it whether to throw the wrench or gliding across levels. Not tried strafing yet waiting until I've finished the first game, but I think I'll get used to it as my middle finger normally hovers across the top right area and could probably move my index finger from R.

NolbertoS

Is there a way to get this trilogy? I live in the US.

Right now the only physical release announced is for the Europe. A couple of GAFers like me already bought it via Amazon UK to import it to the US. Some people think that Ratchet an Clank is a cross-buy for PS Vita via digital distribution. Haven't tried that, so can't say if the Trilogy is cross-buy.

They said July didnt they?

I'm trying to tell people that this is most likely a misunderstanding. It was mentioned at the end of the Ratchet PS4 post that the collection was coming out in July - this entire blog post was copied from EU sources and I'm sure no attention was given to the collection shout out at the end of the post as PS Blog posts often have obvious errors and things of that nature that are just neglected.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I'm trying to tell people that this is most likely a misunderstanding. It was mentioned at the end of the Ratchet PS4 post that the collection was coming out in July - this entire blog post was copied from EU sources and I'm sure no attention was given to the collection shout out at the end of the post as PS Blog posts often have obvious errors and things of that nature that are just neglected.
What is this Ratchet PS4 post that you are referring to???

The only thing I know about is the first Ratchet game being reimagined to coincide with the movie.

RK128

Like I mentioned on the last page (I think?), Sony is mostly likely pulling another Sly Collection here.

This came out in EU first (like Sly did) and like Sly, it will come to the US at a latter time (earliest will be late this month, with the latest being sometime next month). It sucks, but that is most likely going to happen :l.

This is a major franchise from Sony, so it would be downright stupid for them to not bring it over here (especially considering how solid this port looks to be on Vita; it ISN'T another Jak Collection).

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Can I just say being able to play console games on a handheld still blows my old person mind? Still downloading this, but man this is cool. :)

hurzelein

Really enjoying the first game after a couple of hours, never played it on Ps2. Lag-issue seems to be much better to non-existing than in certain areas of the first level, maybe I also adjusted.

Want to know more about the sound bug I read somethng about: Is this an always exsiting thing for everyone? I donÄt know the original music, so I cant say.

Top Bottom