• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends Challenges App |OT| Wii U owners can like it or LUMp it

Evenflow

Wow. Today's challenge=gamepad 100% justified. So fun. I can only imagine these levels co op. Seriously had this game launched as planned in February, i don't think there would be half the negative nancy crap surrounding the U right now. Legends won't be the same on ps360, not even close.. And you cant do something like this co op with a friggin ipad. Wii U should become the easy system of choice if you game with other people in the same room, if more devs put in effort like this.

plufim

So... only me and one other guy got to awesomeness 4...

That fierce competition.

I wonder if you'll both get a platinum trophy, or one of you will get platinum and the other bronze (or heck, even nothing) once the weekly challenge rolls over in 20 hours.

Wow. Today's challenge=gamepad 100% justified. So fun. I can only imagine these levels co op. Seriously had this game launched as planned in February, i don't think there would be half the negative nancy crap surrounding the U right now. Legends won't be the same on ps360, not even close.. And you cant do something like this co op with a friggin ipad. Wii U should become the easy system of choice if you game with other people in the same room, if more devs put in effort like this.

It also shows how under-utilised the pad was in new super mario U

Burnburn

I made a video so you guys can check out the extreme weekly challenge!

Enjoy. I should have turned up the volume a bit though :x.

Sorry for the horrible quality, it's the best I can do with the equipment I have right now.

whom of you two are the elite of the elite?

It will be a fight to the death.

I made a video so you guys can check out the extreme weekly challenge!

Enjoy

It will be a fight to the death.

Thanks for making that video. It looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait until I can access those challenges. I'm not that great at speed runs, though. So, it will probably be a long time before I get there.

zroid

Banned
Were you co-opping? I heard you can only get good scores by co-opping.

(It's fun as hell to do, but it's not transforming me into a Legends god.)

I imagine co-op is helpful mainly for the lum challenges and Murfy's Dungeon challenges.

Also I can't believe they didn't give us a challenge for The Infinite Tower today. I WANT THAT LAST BANNER, DAMMIT!

Zomba13

zlCfzQ-CsEcpg77Lnm

My best for today. That part is tricky.

According to the stats in My Stuff I'm 164 in the daily with that score.

Xav

So this game does support 5.1 and it just won't work on my system?
Rayman Legends is 2.1 because you know, it's a 2D game. There isn't really any depth to the world so surround sound is a bit pointless.

The Wii U is stupid and broken. It doesn't support dts or Dolby. :(
It supports uncompressed 5.1 linear PCM which is better than DTS or Dolby when used correctly. Not sure how it stacks up to Dolby True HD or DTS Master Audio.

Got down to 20 secs on yesterday's daily. I was in the zone at times but for the life of me couldn't break the 20 mark. Idk how some of these ppl do it. I did see one ghost down attacking at a part..prob how to shave half seconds off your time..

zigg

Murfy can 2x every lum manually so you don't have to chain them all
I suppose I could check out the demo to answer this, but was the chaining mechanic present there? Or was it assumed that Murfy would exclusively be used to pinkify Lums?

If it is new, perhaps it's an indication of a compromise being made to port Legends to control-challenged platforms ;-)

zroid

Banned
I suppose I could check out the demo to answer this, but was the chaining mechanic present there? Or was it assumed that Murfy would exclusively be used to pinkify Lums?

If it is new, perhaps it's an indication of a compromise being made to port Legends to control-challenged platforms ;-)

Yeah it was there in the demo, I'm pretty sure. When you're playing solo, at least.

Zero148

imo the murphy challenges show how much superior the WiiU version will be. They are amazing in coop and also fun in sungle player.

I hope everyone interested in the game and with a WiiU will buy this ersion of the game

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm just going for golds at the moment. Managed to snag a few seconds off the weekly challenge to get one.

My Miiverse note managed to get into the popular section. Kind of surprised since the doodle wasn't that great.

Can't check myself because I uninstalled the demo (no need for both), but seeing as you need to almost chain every Lum in the three demo levels to get a gold trophy I believe it was an intended feature before the ports were considered.

Zomba13

so that's diamond, huh. damn, then i'm pretty close... i'd just need to get past that stupid obstacle around 1500m. sigh, dunno if it's worth putting more time into this challenge. :p

I think you can just ignore all the fire eyeballs around the 1500 mark. Just need to get the platform over to Globox and then across quickly he'll jump through the gaps.

I think this is the perfect game/app for me right now. I'm content playing with this thing for a few minutes at a time between doing other important tasks. I tried it out in Off-TV mode and it was perfect. I was doing some homework and wanted a 5 minute break and just turned the Wii U Gamepad on and played on that for a few minutes. It was great!

Dartastic

So this game does support 5.1 and it just won't work on my system?
Yep. It just has to not be Dolby or dts.

It supports uncompressed 5.1 linear PCM which is better than DTS or Dolby when used correctly. Not sure how it stacks up to Dolby True HD or DTS Master Audio.
Yeah, I know but that's sorta problematic when factoring in the everyday realities of people's home theater systems. I have a nice surround sound system that I can't use with the Wii u because of the lack of Dolby or dts.

Nintendo needs to take a good, hard look at this. If this were included in a game like NintendoLand, I'd still be playing it 6 months out. There's no reason why the next Mario and Mario Kart shouldn't have a daily/weekly challenge mode.

Seriously, fantastic job, Ubisoft.

Canon

Banned
Yep. It just has to not be Dolby or dts.

Yeah, I know but that's sorta problematic when factoring in the everyday realities of people's home theater systems. I have a nice surround sound system that I can't use with the Wii u because of the lack of Dolby or dts.
Actually, 5.1 does work on Sonic Racing for Wii U. So I think it's just most Wii U games don't support 5.1... I read that every first-party Wii U game is only in 2.1.

wsippel

Banned
Exact same audio quality as those two, lower system requirements, no license fees.

My thumb.... it is absolutely killing me.

My brother finallllly got here to play the weekly challenge with me.... we've been playing for hours.

After soo much work and frustration, turns out I didn't really NEED two-player for the weekly as I thought. My solo run of the Weekly challenge was 40 milliseconds from getting gold -_-

arrr, at least I'm gold everything now

My thumb.... it is absolutely killing me.

My brother finallllly got here to play the weekly challenge with me.... we've been playing for hours.

After soo much work and frustration, turns out I didn't really NEED two-player for the weekly as I thought. My solo run of the Weekly challenge was 40 milliseconds from getting gold -_-

arrr, at least I'm gold everything now

Lol, me and my brother just sat down to try and beat my solo score for the weekly challenge too. I never would have imagined getting diamond for it, but some how, after I gave up Murphy to control Rayman we kicked some ass and got up to 75 rank, enough for diamond. Not using the CPU is a huge benefit.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm happy enough getting gold in that weekly challenge considering I'm a poor lonesome player.

Shahadan

This thing is like a drug >_<
I guess the Ubi guys don't care about wii u owners getting a burn out before the real game is even out but the delay already told how much they think they're gonna sell on the platform.

In any case I loved yesterday's challenge and the new weekly one. I"m kinda slow on the Lum Attack ones.

zigg

I guess the Ubi guys don't care about wii u owners getting a burn out before the real game is even out but the delay already told how much they think they're gonna sell on the platform.
I'd think it'd be more that any burnout comes from lack of new levels, which I'm sure many would expect to be corrected by buying the full game.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The full game better have more levels like the Castle Rock one. Sure it's linear as hell but I love rhythm based platforming.

deleted

This app and SMW got me playing solo on my Wii U for the first time since I got it.
NSMBU and Nintendoland are still being played once or twice a month, but I can see these daily challenges keep sucking me back in more regularly.

What a great demo/app. Let's hope, Rayman gets the attention it deserves when it launches.

zroid

Banned
I finally got to 1 awesomeness, lol

I didn't play the demo levels again so it took a while

--

challenge update

WEEKLY -- ends ~4am EDT on May 6
jzc2f3du4zo0H.png

How far can you run?

DAILY -- ends ~4am EDT on April 30
jRTTA6cw8zYY0.png

Collect 150 lums as quickly as possible!

anyway to change your runner or turn off ghosts? I keep getting that fat dude confused with other fat dudes

there is no way to get this weekly if I don't continue to inch up my distance it seems everyone is doing much better now and I just got 821m thinking I died at a really hard part

Top Bottom