• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends Challenges App |OT| Wii U owners can like it or LUMp it

olimpia84

On my way to getting Gold in the daily challenge from today (36'49"). I can't really think of any ways of 'shaving' more time off...crazy that some people did it in 31 seconds.
I unlocked the Awesomeness 2 level as well so I'll give that a go.

GimMick

Any tip for today's extreme challenge ? I'm stuck at bronze...
On the last spring, press Down + Y/X right after you touch it to get propulsed right into the blue thing and skip the orange platform. Saves 1.5 seconds.

Otherwise, boost a lot and study ghost patterns.

Shahadan

1654m for weekly, 35 seconds for daily.
I don't think I can do a better time, dunno how some guys get 31sec.

The weekly one is kinda easy.

with so days left for weekly I just hit 1077m for silver I doubt it will not be down to bronze by the end with so much time to learn the course

I'll try everyday to see if I can improve my time

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Just managed to snag a silver in my first extreme challenge. I don't think I'll bother with gold and I'll just have to hope I cling on to that silver till tomorrow.

Zakkath

I just don't understand how you can do under 40 sec. I sprint non-stop and don't miss a single lum and I'm still on the way to get bronze medal ? Wtf ?

Gattuso

weekly:1749.23m
daily:34"83
extreme daily:33"16
I think that's all I got in me, I haven't been able to top myself yet.

Friend leaderboards are the best. My only goal most days is to get a time close to Zeer0id's. I'm not sure how well I'm doing though. :/

Kingven

yeah... gold cup... on daily... feels so great.... right now on '34"84....

My ID is King007... if you want add me...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there any way for the Murphy Dungeon to use another character than Globox and its different "costumes"?

You have yet to master the boost+immediate jump technique I think.

Holy shit I just figured out what this technique is and got 33 seconds on the daily challenge, which puts me at diamond, with 30 min left until it ends. I just hope my diamond status lasts till it's over...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Friend leaderboards are the best. My only goal most days is to get a time close to Zeer0id's. I'm not sure how well I'm doing though. :/
Yeah, I gave up on that when I had Burnburn on my list. Oh lets just try and match the number one player in the world.

Holy shit I just figured out what this technique is and got 33 seconds on the daily challenge, which puts me at diamond, with 30 min left until it ends. I just hope my diamond status lasts till it's over...

I'm ranked #204 right now, so it would be nice to win my first Diamond Trophy!

fmpanda

I have a feeling this will not last long, lol

zlCfzQ-JjwY0n2t3SH

I hit 16 first try so yeah no doubt this will be crazy

been trying to dive attack but die on torns

servers went down great... so much for the always online future

Shahadan

I died stupidly before even jumping and then servers crashed. Feels bad man. It's like the servers laughed too hard and broke

fmpanda

I died stupidly before even jumping and then servers crashed. Feels bad man. It's like the servers laughed too hard and broke

Ouch. That sucks, on both the thorns and the servers part. They should probably look into beefing up as more and more folks are going to hit up that daily challenge the second it switches over.

noal

Banned
Stupid work getting in the way of Rayman challenges. By the time I get home I'll only have a couple of hours to go at it.

Plus, burnburn is way too good, it's demoralising having him on my friends list!

daakusedo

I thought the point of that tree fall challenge was to collect lums going into it, and those organic environments are frustrating for that challenge.
So then when I understood it was just about time, what was bad is that only the second lum line, after bumping on the blue mushroom is actually an indicator to where falling. All the others are either totally off the path or like the first you have to fall just few centimeters away from it and then there's those spiked vines that seems to be randomly completely stretched or not. I was still able to do 10,06 though, but I don't want to do this again, too much trial and error.

Javier

Nice mini-review from Penny Arcade.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2013/04/29/rayman-legends

Wii U owners were pretty disappointed when Ubisoft announced that they were pushing Rayman Legends back into September. It was originally scheduled to hit the Wii U back in February but Ubi decided to hold it back until they could release it for all three systems at the same time. I understand the logic. One marketing budget and distribution on systems that actually have a decent install base. It still sucked for Wii U owners like myself who had played the hell out of the demo and were excited for the full game.

There was quite a bit of backlash from gamers and even the game’s developers. Ubi decided to release something called Rayman Legends challenges to Wii U owners for free as a sort of olive branch. It’s out now and you can grab it from the Wii U eShop. It’s an interesting little “app” that serves up daily and weekly challenges and lets you compete with other players on a worldwide leader board. The real star of the game for my family is the Murphy’s Dungeon level. This level plays to the strength of the Wii U by having one player racing through the level on the TV while a second player manipulates the platforming via the Wii U gamepad.

My wife and I played the shit out of this level over the weekend trying for hours to get the best score we could and claim a gold trophy. For me it’s a classic platformer with incredibly tight controls and beautiful graphics. For her it’s a touch based game similar to something you might play on the iPad. She is using the stylus to grab platforms and slide them into place so that I have something to land on. She is cutting ropes to drop hanging obstacles out of my way and drawing paths to convert trails of “Lums” into more valuable collectables. I’m running as fast as I can through the level leaping out into chasms and jumping towards fireballs trusting that she will push the platform to where I need and and stamp out the fire before I get there. It is Awesome.

I have been married to my wife for 13 years and I cannot remember a time before this weekend that we un-ironically high fived. When we finally got the gold trophy we leapt up and slapped hands like two dudes at a flag football game. I will say that it took us hours of trying the same level over and over again before we got there though. There was a lot of communication that had to happen. “is it better for you if I leave this platform up or down?” “Should I run through this part or slow down before I jump?” There was were mistakes made by both of us. “Sorry, that was my fault I missed that wall jump.” “Crap I didn’t lower that spike wall in time, my bad.” and there were a couple (joking?) threats of divorce. At the end when we had the gold trophy I tweeted that it was the greatest thing we had ever accomplished as a couple. Someone asked about our kids and I said I was including the kids.

Personally I think they should change the name to Rayman Legends Relationship Challenges.

-Gabe out

GimMick

So it seems Ubisoft may have removed the possibility to play co-op in the challenges.
I have the ghosts for the top times in the daily extreme challenge (Lums in Murphy Dungeon), and none of them are using boosts or other advanced strategies like in that first weekly challenge. I even managed to get 3rd place in there !

Anyway, here are advanced strategies for fellow gaffers about the 2 daily challenges :

Infinite Pit 250m

Vine door "skip"

Land on the first vine door to the very left.
On the right frame, if you press Down + Y/X a fraction of second after the vine door starts opening, you can go right through it while it's not completely open.
Also skips the preliminary ground-pound animation as a bonus.
Saves ~0"25.

Perfect ending ground-pound

While the second vine opens, try to hug the wall on the left until it starts to curve, then wait for a roughly a couple tenths and initiate a ground-pound.
With the correct position (within a couple of pixels) and timing, you'll hit the slope below in a way that pushes you at a ideal angle straight to the finish line.
Saves ~0"50.

Those tricks have low success rates (around 5% for me), but getting them both in a decent run grants you the sub 9.
However with a basic strategy (chaining ground-pounds and charge-attacks), sub 10 is way doable, and possibly close to top 10. I have 9"66 without the tricks mentioned above and it's not optimized, and Diamond Cup is at around 9"8x right now.
I'd recommend going for either of those tricks occasionally though if you need a fairly significant cut.

Murphy's Dungeon 150 lums

Lum duplication glitch

Near the beginning, there are two enemies standing on a movable platform.
Hit them both with a stylus, then the moment your character is about to hit the first enemy, lift the platform upwards quickly.
It will magically double the amount of lums granted by enemies killed (40 lums instead of 20) !
Since it saves a total of 4 seconds on a good run, you better try it everytime :lol

zigg

So it seems Ubisoft may have removed the possibility to play co-op in the challenges.
I have the ghosts for the top times in the daily extreme challenge (Lums in Murphy Dungeon), and none of them are using boosts or other advanced strategies like in that first weekly challenge. I even managed to get 3rd place in there !
Or maybe it's just that fewer people are playing now that the game's been out for a bit. I'd be shocked if they locked co-op away already. Heck, I'm not completely convinced they didn't just load up the game with all the challenges in advance.

Zomba13

I'm Sure I saw a Barbara (I think it's the girls name) do spin attacks this morning when I was trying the dungeon one. Only way to do that is co-op.

Co-op still works, just not for the x-trem challenges, which is normal. I can't figure out how to get better than 30 seconds for the daily x-trem challenge. The damn cpu keeps skipping 2 lums and I cant figure out how to make it so that it wont do that. Also goddamn at the daily challenge, I cant break 10 seconds. I always get a good start, but the very end is where I always lose time by hitting the final chain or the ground beneath it. There was one time that I somehow by accident did the drop attack perfectly and it pushed me past the chain and past the ground propelling me forward without any stoppage, but I haven't been able to replicate it.

Awwww. It said I was on my way to winning Diamond a few minutes before the challenge ended, but all I got was Gold. :(

Same thing happened to me. :(

Top Bottom