• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real Men Use Items - Brawl Items Tournament Thread - March 24th - ???

Economan

Enk said:
Should be fine with me. I didn't realize this was going to be a 4 player match. Makes things a bit difficult given the short time frame.

I am fine with an 8pm pacific time as well.

MiamiWesker said:
I'll be out till mayb 11:30EST I can play anytime after that. Great games last night as well. The rest of the group has not checked in here yet?

Cool, I'll be around. Hopefully there'll be no more bizarre issues tonight.

dfyb

Banned
i'm good to play 1-B at any time, probably all the way up till deadline. i haven't been able to contact CB3 though. if 3/4 of the group is available, should we go ahead and play?

any chance round 1 deadline will be moved back?

The Hermit

Blizzard said:
I could try playing with the one guy on my team, but it sounds like the server is down.

Is everyone on-line? I could do it right now (if the connection is good)

EDIT: nvm, I gotta go. Send me a pm when the others player get online too.

My computer has some virus, I have been dealing with that. But I see no one but manabanana is around anyway. So whats going to happen to our group?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Okay, quick news update...

1) I haven't heard back from many groups.

2) There seem to have been lots of problems. The Round 1 deadline has been extended to 11:59 PM Wednesday night.

3) If 3/4 folks are in communication and NEVER hear back from the 4th player, go ahead and battle and submit your results. If the 4th player never PMs any of you or me and never posts in this thread, we'll just drop them.

4) I have two alternates who have expressed interest in joining. I may toss them into Round Two (both with one loss, for the battle they didn't play in Round One) if we end up losing the folks who haven't bothered to respond.

So far, we've had exactly two groups get back to me with final results. Everyone else... please get me results by midnight tonight!

slayn

needs to show more effort.
DavidDayton said:

2) There seem to have been lots of problems. The Round 1 deadline has been extended to 11:59 PM Wednesday night.

3) If 3/4 folks are in communication and NEVER hear back from the 4th player, go ahead and battle and submit your results. If the 4th player never PMs any of you or me and never posts in this thread, we'll just drop them.

4) I have two alternates who have expressed interest in joining. I may toss them into Round Two (both with one loss, for the battle they didn't play in Round One) if we end up losing the folks who haven't bothered to respond.

So far, we've had exactly two groups get back to me with final results. Everyone else... please get me results by midnight tonight!
We also might talk about switching people in groups that just can't get together. For example, everyone in my group has communicated, but SS4Gogita seems to be on the west coast and only shows up late at night. And I am on the east coast and not willing to stay up till 3am. If SS4Gogita were to switch groups with someone who is on earlier in the day, our group could probably happen pretty easily.

jibblypop

Banned
justchris from my group says he wants to drop out of the tournament.. so david what should the remaining 3 of us do? play a 3 player match or what?

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Group 1-H... if you're still reading this thread, do you want to try to get all four of us back into a game one last time?

I'm free all night once again

scottnak

slayn said:
We also might talk about switching people in groups that just can't get together. For example, everyone in my group has communicated, but SS4Gogita seems to be on the west coast and only shows up late at night. And I am on the east coast and not willing to stay up till 3am. If SS4Gogita were to switch groups with someone who is on earlier in the day, our group could probably happen pretty easily.

Regardless, I'm out all day today and can only maaaaybe play at 10pm eastern.
Hm. I'll try my best to get on around then! Hopefully we can play sometin'

Fenix

Firestorm said:
Sorry guys took me a while to get home. Economan, Enk, and Fenix can you play? I'm on #GAF_SB as well.

Shit, I kinda forgot about this thread... I can get on IRC when I get home tonight, probly around 6ish PST.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Current stats from the reporting groups...all three of them:

Round 1
(Winners in bold)

1-F
(2) KevinCow , K.COW , 0087-1962-0793
(1) Killa Sasa , BADD , 2191-7323-1308

(3) Kinosen , Kino , 2148-7824-6520
(4) Kirk , KIRK , 1289-7906-0482 (No show)

1-I
(2) Nishastra , Nishi , 3866 7675 1887
(1) OliveJuice , Nin , 1934-0346-5121
(3) Phantom Flapjack , Rimzy , 1891 0838 6258
(2) PkunkFury , ECHAN , 2835-9757-6074

1-M Special Note: Battle 1-M is a 3 player battle. ONLY the 1st Place player will be awarded a victory.
(3) XiaNaphryz , K.J. , 4511-0161-5640
(1) Ysiadmihi , (Kak) , 3694-9280-7733
(2) zoku88 , zoku , 2535-3420-8806

DavidDayton said:

the whole timing issue really hurt. It's hard to get 4 people online at the same time with such short notice. Hopefully we (1-D) should be done tonight

Teknoman

TheCrow and I are about to brawl since we cant get in touch with the other 2.

ROUND 1
Results due by 11:59 PM PST, WEDNESDAY March 26th (Extension)
Settings - 4 Player, All Items, 3 Stock Battle (No Time Limit)
Stage - Battlefield
Win Condition - 1st or 2nd Place. (In case of a tie for 1st or 2nd, all tied players will progress)

Teknoman

Ok results time:

Since no one else showed up:

Teknoman vs TheCrow
Lucario vs Luigi

TheCrow won, however I think I accidently left items off from Firestorm's match last night...so does that count or do we have to do over or what? Because nothing dropped on the stage.

EDIT: Ok we had the rematch with items and TheCrow won.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
correction, my plans fell through so I'll be around for the next 5 hours. SS4, if you see this come into IRC and scream at me and then we can play.

truendo

GUys in my group... when? I couldn't get on yesterday! I don't know how you guys were on! Hmm... how about in like 15 minutes? I'm busy later today though. Are you guys all here?

Nabster92

MrCheez said:
Group 1-H... if you're still reading this thread, do you want to try to get all four of us back into a game one last time?

I'm free all night once again

If we can manage to do so I'm down, can we get people to get in the IRC channel?

dogonfire

1-B
CB3 , CB3 , 4296-2640-8647
crowphoenix , Crow , 3480 2201 5692
dfyb , JTown , 4596-9122-3939
dogonfire , Cake , 3523-1871-4275
Looks like 3 of us are signed in now, but I don't know how long people stay on the list.. so, anyone here? Maybe we can talk about what times we're free tonight and then pm dfyb. I have no plans tonight.

I'll be sitting in gaf_sb too if you want to talk there.

Blizzard

Banned
Group 1-A: Looks like we're playing at 11 p.m. EST or so tonight, I'm making the room. I haven't heard from the fourth, so it's a 3-man business.

The Hermit

akachan ningen (aren't you that famous Ps3 poster? )Blizzard and CassSept (hey I fighting you on the other tourney too:D )

Anyway guys, if you want I'm good the whole night today ok?!

EDIT: didn't see you post blizz

Blizzard

Banned
Baiano19 and anyone else in 1-A, do you have IRC? I can get on the channel if you want.

*edit/alert* HERE'S MY PLAN: Our first match, pick whatever level you want, items on MEDIUM remember, and we'll do a 2-minute timed match to test lag (use some other character than your planned one probably). Then, battlefield for the tournament battle. If this isn't good, please let me know!

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah, half second here :/

*edit* Still waiting...he said he'd be on at 11. I guess we can wait until 11:20-11:30, as long as you don't mind battling. :p

Top Bottom