• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
He also acts like a different person, which was more shocking to me.

Maybe I'm forgetting something but wasn't he just talking about the characters? He's the one who said "I get it. This is funny by the way" right? That seems Jack as hell to me. I definitely did a double take when I rewatched it and realized who it was though.

Grinchy

Banned
Maybe I'm forgetting something but wasn't he just talking about the characters? He's the one who said "I get it. This is funny by the way" right? That seems Jack as hell to me. I definitely did a double take when I rewatched it and realized who it was though.

haha yeah that was him

I didn't used to be a big Jack fan, but he grew on me. That was such a Jack thing to say, and it cracked me the hell up.

Who is the one guy who laughs and says "I can't answer that and you know it" he's the only person from that review I don't recognize.

My memory is hazy, but is he the same guy who says "stern?"

Also, who were the two ladies in the AotC review? Are they in Feeding Frenzy? I always wonder who they were and some of the extras in old HitB episodes.

Wasn't that girl from the episode with the funny B movie titles in the review? I always assumed she had a thing for Jay. I definitely saw her throwing some bedroom eyes his way in that HitB she was on.

It's more that he seems quiet and thoughtful, where as now he tends to play up his louder, more overtly comical nature.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
So the odd numbered ones being good didn't pan out I guess, they'll all just be bad from now on?

komplanen

Perfect new merch for RLM
taskumatti_2.jpg

I'd buy one with Mike's face printed on it.

komplanen

Saw the new Star Wars movie. It's really great. I know RLM is going to like it and at the same time criticise it for two things:

-
Similarities to Episode IV. Mike: "It's like poetry" etc etc
-
Not being brave / surprising enough

Above two lines are not direct spoilers, of course, but rather just two little review points. I'd not read them unless you either have seen the movie or you read reviews of it.

My personal review is 5/5 and there's definitely been an awakening in the Star Wars Saga and it's awesome as I hoped it would be, even if those two spoiler tagged review points bother someone.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Saw the new Star Wars movie. It's really great. I know RLM is going to like it and at the same time criticise it for two things:

-
Similarities to Episode IV. Mike: "It's like poetry" etc etc
-
Not being brave / surprising enough

Above two lines are not direct spoilers, of course, but rather just two little review points. I'd not read them unless you either have seen the movie or you read reviews of it.

My personal review is 5/5 and there's definitely been an awakening in the Star Wars Saga and it's awesome as I hoped it would be, even if those two spoiler tagged review points bother someone.

Gonna see it tomorrow, Glad to hear it's good

komplanen

Also if RLM somehow attempts to make a joke about snoozing Harrison Ford not giving a fuck, then they will have seen a different movie. Ford's is old, Han Solo is old, but the fire is strong.

Majine

Banned
I know we're all looking forward to their Star Wars review, but I hope they review The Hateful Eight too. Excited for that one.

Also if RLM somehow attempts to make a joke about snoozing Harrison Ford not giving a fuck, then they will have seen a different movie. Ford's is old, Han Solo is old, but the fire is strong.

Every single time they have made that joke, it's been accurate. If Harrison decided to give a shit for Force Awakens, I'll be really happy. He is probably the only reservation I've had going into the movie.

Every single time they have made that joke, it's been accurate. If Harrison decided to give a shit for Force Awakens, I'll be really happy. He is probably the only reservation I've had going into the movie.

Harrison's GREAT in it. Clearly having the time of his life being back in the role.

Oh hey look, the Enterprise blows up again. Man, how exciting. That has never been done before. I wonder if they will all die and never get another ship again.

When I think Beastie Boys I think Star Trek. Perfect fit.

Huh . . . I thought the Beasties didn't licenses their music to sell things.

after indiana jones i'm sure he wanted at least ONE good reprise.

I'm trying to decide between making a "He only works part time" joke, or a "I guess breaking his foot woke him up" snarky comment.

Fantastapotamus

Star Wars is pretty alright. I enjoyed it but I also learned two things:
1. If they wouldn't use the old Star Wars music I would have enjoyed the movie a lot less
2. If the movie had nothing to do with Star Wars I probably would have liked it a lot more.

It's good. Very similar to the OT, probably way too similar but it was still good.

Star Wars is pretty alright. I enjoyed it but I also learned two things:
1. If they wouldn't use the old Star Wars music I would have enjoyed the movie a lot less
2. If the movie had nothing to do with Star Wars I probably would have liked it a lot more.

It's good. Very similar to the OT, probably way too similar but it was still good.

I haven't seen it yet, but I think it's probably a good thing that this first movie is similar to the OT. They've got to show that they can handle that first before they blaze a new trail. Of course, if subsequent films are still really similar to the OT, then that's a huge problem.

Fantastapotamus

I haven't seen it yet, but I think it's probably a good thing that this first movie is similar to the OT. They've got to show that they can handle that first before they blaze a new trail. Of course, if subsequent films are still really similar to the OT, then that's a huge problem.

But....I mean it's REALLY similar. Like really, really, really similar. I don't mean look and feel, I mean storywise.

So, I'd known about the Star Wars reviews for a long time, but I only semi-recently discovered (a few months ago) their other shows. Been having a blast working through the back catalog of BotW. Though, I see a lot of references to Samurai Cop, but can't seem to find the episode they actually watch it. Does anyone know what episode that is?

So, I'd known about the Star Wars reviews for a long time, but I only semi-recently discovered (a few months ago) their other shows. Been having a blast working through the back catalog of BotW. Though, I see a lot of references to Samurai Cop, but can't seem to find the episode they actually watch it. Does anyone know what episode that is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYND5fkqhT0

Also worth watching the interview they did with the movie's star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8830UXkTzY

Top Bottom