• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Fucking Rich Evans the hack, grumpy fraud! Not surprised that Mike loved it as much as he did, he seems to be going soft as of late. I figured they would all have had more or less Jay's view in that it was really good but flawed.

Obligatory Mike reaction gifs.

KOI4qFN.gif

uTuMtit.gif

oz8kKBV.gif

jett

D-Member
Mike seems to outright love any competent or even semi-competent movie that Hollywood dishes out these days. The Jurassic World HitB is just wat.

UrbanRats

Hey it was a fun film.

Not to me, it was one of the worst i've seen this year.
Jurassic World is just unsalvageable for me, like, i cannot relate to enjoying it, at all.

I'll say, i'm not a huge fan of the original either though (though i think it's objectively pretty great).

I wanted the movie to be shit so Mr. Plinkkett could have more to talk about
He did Abram's Star Trek, which he liked, so I imagine we'll still be getting one.

Mike seems to outright love any competent or even semi-competent movie that Hollywood dishes out these days. The Jurassic World HitB is just wat.
Oh wow, I never saw that one. Yeah, that film was garbage. Pretty surprised to hear he liked it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Seeing as they all seemed to love the movie so much (especially Mike), I kinda doubt there'll be a Plinkett video on TFA. Or at least a longer one like the prequels. If anything it'll be a shorter one talking about what TFA does right that the prequels did wrong. And I'm not sure we'll even get that, honestly.

UrbanRats

They can do a Plinkett about movies they liked, see Titanic or Star Trek.
Infact, they can do it pointing out the difference on why this one worked (though it'd be pretty redundant, if it really is that close to ANH).

I figured Rich would be the least enthused, but that's still great to hear they all liked it. Excited to watch this later.

Yh I was watching the prediction video last night and figured the same lol.

Not to me, it was one of the worst i've seen this year.
Jurassic World is just unsalvageable for me, like, i cannot relate to enjoying it, at all.

I'll say, i'm not a huge fan of the original either though (though i think it's objectively pretty great).

Damn you must have seen some decent films this year lol, it's certainly not a masterpiece or anything and it does have flaws (not going to discuss as I don't wanna spoil anything), but I thought it was a fun film which everyone would have enjoyed in one way or another.

Anth0ny

Plinkett video for TFA is guaranteed.

They loved Star Trek and still released a great Plinkett review for it. I expect the same kind of treatment for TFA. I expect it to be a great video that clearly points out what TFA did right, the same way the prequel reviews are the perfect vids that point out everything those films did wrong.

Can't wait.

Mike is slowly turning into Roger Ebert. An alcoholic Roger Ebert.

Great review. Though I really want to see a Plinkett review that features Emperor Sheev.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
I was looking for an RLM-related gif and this came up in the image search. I laughed.

(It's from TheForce.net's message boards - I can only imagine how much some users there dislike RLM.)

Oh my gaaaaawd

That's a pretty salty resposne from those users

rekameohs

Banned
Of course there will be a Plinkett review. RLM is too much of a sellout not to do one. It'll probably be just a small thing like the trailer reviews though.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I was looking for an RLM-related gif and this came up in the image search. I laughed.

(It's from TheForce.net's message boards - I can only imagine how much some users there dislike RLM.)
What are TheForce.net users saying about TFA in comparison to the prequels? I'm just curious.

inm8num2

What are TheForce.net users saying about TFA in comparison to the prequels? I'm just curious.

No idea. I haven't read TFN in probably 10+ years, since just after the release of RotS. I was just curious what the source of the image was and it led me to that thread. I dare not go further!

UrbanRats

Damn you must have seen some decent films this year
lol, it's certainly not a masterpiece or anything and it does have flaws (not going to discuss as I don't wanna spoil anything), but I thought it was a fun film which everyone would have enjoyed in one way or another.

I did, but also, it was horribly unexciting, and dumb as shit.

when you watch star wars but spend more time discussing One Punch Man lol. I'm curious what Mike and Jay's opinion will be. Personally I enjoyed it but it did feel like they took the script of the first and a bit of the second and changed the names around to make it about new characters.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I probably had a similar reaction to TFA as Rich did. There's also a couple 'Wow, that's convenient' plinkett moments in that movie.

But I think the most upsetting thing I saw was the trailer for the new Star Trek that played before the movie. What the fuck.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Is there any previously recorded stream that has more people than just Rich and Jack?

edit: The Plinkett review of TFA is sure to come, when the blu-ray is out. Plinkett will cover all that stuff don't worry.

jman2050

I'm surprised at how much restraint they showed not endlessly referencing bits from the Plinkett reviews for wink wink nudge nudge points. Although "it's like poetry, it rhymes" is too on-the-nose here to not use more than once.

Mike looked like a giddy school girl when he was saying "It's everything I wanted it to be"

All right finished with the Krampus and with the Star Wars TFA HitB.

Pleased and agreed with both of them... though if I do say something it felt like they gave Krampus a bit too much credit imho. It was a very enjoyable movie and yes I easily came out surprised with how it wasn't anything like i was expecting.

But it felt like they were tooting its horn a bit too much. I wouldn't call it a modern classic but maybe in a few years I'm proven wrong.

As to TFA, they kind of went over the issue they mentioned in Krampus with reimaginings of old properties that many of these films are reboots that are marketed as sequels but that
it wasn't the case with TFA
and that people need to get over it. Admittedly I came out making jokes about it.

They also seem to have gotten the character of Kylo Ren more than the rest of the movie going audience that
are just making jokes about how he's not menacing and stuff after taking off the mask

Surprised with how much
they loved it
tbh, I came out somewhere in between Jay and Rich in my feelings towards the movie. Cool I guess but yes I fully expect a Plinkett review later on where even though he enjoyed the movie he'll still dissect it for issues.

Top Bottom