• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Mike was way more sincere and present in the Hateful 8 episode than usual. Good to see :p

Grinchy

Banned
saw ten minutes of ridiculous six after the last half in the bag.

jesus. was nick nolte totally crocked?

Watch any of his movies (or even that awful show Luck that HBO had to cancel) and you'll see that that's just how he talks now. He can barely get words out, but he still keeps getting roles.

Spaghetti

Watch any of his movies (or even that awful show Luck that HBO had to cancel) and you'll see that that's just how he talks now. He can barely get words out, but he still keeps getting roles.
did he have a stroke? bell's palsy maybe? fuck. i know people get old and their voices can change, but it's fucking night and day between this and say, cape fear.

Grinchy

Banned
^That's a good question. I'm curious now. I've honestly become strangely accustomed to his new voice and I get a kick out of figuring out what he's saying.

Didn't agree with Mike's complaints but it was a great episode.

Which one? The landscape shots or the other one? I disagree with the landscape one, but kind of agree with the latter one. It's glorious, of course, and obviously you can't have a movie about a bunch of people who fucking hate each other rolling with world peace and unicorns.

btw, if 35mm has a hard limit of 6k, how will directors who want to shoot on film deal with 8k and beyond? Will they all be forced to go with digital at extreme recording resolutions? Because that would really do a number on doing it 'Kubrick style', if you will.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Mike pointed out exactly what I felt. The movie sets itself up to be about something, and then turns and goes in a straight line to be something it didn't have to be.

Grinchy

Banned
Which one? The landscape shots or the other one? I disagree with the landscape one, but kind of agree with the latter one. It's glorious, of course, and obviously you can't have a movie about a bunch of people who fucking hate each other rolling with world peace and unicorns.

Oh, definitely the other one. I can respect that he feels that way, but I personally just don't see it as an actual problem. And I loved the way it was executed (haha) in this movie. It didn't feel like some petty expected outcome, it still felt like a shocking progression to me.

Rydeen

I can't tell if Mike was being serious when he said that during the Force Awakens episode. Now, I'm REALLY not sure. :/
He was serious, but he was also kind of loopy from it being 4:00 AM when they recorded, and they still had the initial afterglow from just walking out of the movie and they probably hadn't quite processed everything yet.

btw, if 35mm has a hard limit of 6k, how will directors who want to shoot on film deal with 8k and beyond? Will they all be forced to go with digital at extreme recording resolutions? Because that would really do a number on doing it 'Kubrick style', if you will.

The cost for digital is in the equipment and not the takes. You don't really have limited amount of takes when you can just swap out the HDD in the camera on the fly.

Into

The scene in Hateful Eight, the point that Mike made, is well done. Samuel L Jackson does his "cool loud black guy" gimmick, its terrific. But it does not fit this movie. Its as if it was written for a completely different film but shoehorned in this film because QT had it laying around. And people expect that scene from a QT and Jackson pairing

Before that the movie was fantastic, absolutely loved it. And after that scene just turns to meh violent brawl.

Still enjoyed it

Grinchy

Banned
I'm making my way through every Half in the Bag right now. I've only watched a few here and there over the years.

I'm glad I'm not the only person in the world who hated Boyhood.

I was expecting to hate Boyhood after watching that episode. I finally checked it out months later and was surprised that I actually liked it.

Laputa_94

Made it up to the Jack and Jill review in Half in the Bag. I mean I always heard that the film was bad, but as always its really interesting to see the guys really delve into why that is the case.

Made it up to the Jack and Jill review in Half in the Bag. I mean I always heard that the film was bad, but as always its really interesting to see the guys really delve into why that is the case.
It's probably the greatest HitB they ever did. One of the best things they've done, easily.

aravuus

Looks like space cop is finally out! I'm on mobile so I can't post a link to the release, uh, trailer, but it's there on their YouTube channel!

Now they can finally get back to making actually good content!

Grinchy

Banned
damn I want it

Dunno if I can justify $25 on it, but I could see myself watching all the extras and listening to the commentary

edit- who the fuck am i kidding, it's bought

knkng

With the Canadian dollar where it is at I will probably just grab the digital version.

Just bought a copy of the blu-ray. $25 + $10 shipping

$51.47 Canadian! Oh my Gaaawd!

Whatever, I've been watching them for years and never gave them anything before, so I honestly don't mind too much...
fucking cocksucking bullshit Canada

Just bought a copy of the blu-ray. $25 + $10 shipping

$51.47 Canadian! Oh my Gaaawd!

Whatever, I've been watching them for years and never gave them anything before, so I honestly don't mind too much...
fucking cocksucking bullshit Canada

I like RLM but $50 for a blu ray? Nah, man.
Gotta wait for the digital version.

komplanen

Saw this on an unrelated funny pictures website:

taskumatista_huikat.jpg

It would appear Mike is a trendsetter.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Blu-rays are region free, right? My EU PS4 will play this?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure that's the one thing PS4 isn't region free with. EDIT: I am correct. You can't play US region Blu-rays with a EU console.
Bummer :(
Still buying when they restock though. Need that piece of RLM.

Top Bottom