• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Finally watching the newst BOTW and boy.. the first 5 minutes are killing me.

OF AIDS!... AND SIDS!

edit. Oh god it keeps going.

Top shelf dark humour this episode.

Houndi101

I didn't think of Lobo, but I could see DC pursuing that.

YBUMZfj.png

He's too old now

Edit: Unless they'll CGI him

Shy

probably because it was less of a "show" and more of a "podcast" with the only thing to see being the game.

they rarely ever do the skype-in streams now. They do facecam on sundays and wednesdays, so the wednesday streams used to feel more "special" and were the "group" streams with jay usually.

when they skyped in they were talking more about random stuff instead of both being focused on the game like they are now.
hmm, yeah, i guess so.
TIL. Jay is a carcase fucker. :D

I liked that episode it was funny.

Aiii

So not worth it
Maybe someone in Hollywood finally gets a clue now and makes that Invincible movie every sensible comic book reader had wanted forever. Give it to me.

Catvoca

Banned
That line in the Deadpool review where Jay is like (paraphrasing) "it sucks that you can't just enjoy a movie like this without thinking about the whole dumb cinematic universe and the inevitable Deadpool 2" is so true. It's hard to just enjoy these movies on their own terms without thinking about how they'll milk the franchise for the next 10 years.

That line in the Deadpool review where Jay is like (paraphrasing) "it sucks that you can't just enjoy a movie like this without thinking about the whole dumb cinematic universe and the inevitable Deadpool 2" is so true. It's hard to just enjoy these movies on their own terms without thinking about how they'll milk the franchise for the next 10 years.

That was my major gripe with "The Force Awakens." Nothing is really resolved because these characters need to have something to do for two more movies. Finn kinda has an arc while the other two are setting up their final fates.

That was my major gripe with "The Force Awakens." Nothing is really resolved because these characters need to have something to do for two more movies. Finn kinda has an arc while the other two are setting up their final fates.

Episode 4 ended in the exact same manner though. Did their goal for the movie, with a bigger threat in the background.

Episode 4 ended in the exact same manner though. Did their goal for the movie, with a bigger threat in the background.

Things weren't left as open ended with the characters in A New Hope as they were in The Force Awakens. Luke had the door open to learn about the force and he had an adequate use of the force to let him fire the proton torpedos at the Death Star. Things weren't in place yet for him to know about Yoda or the other things that the force allowed him to do.

Han Solo was mostly wrapped around. The rogue with a heart of gold who did the right thing in the end. The Jabba the Hutt stuff really didn't seem to be written as a problem that he couldn't have solved right after the events of Star Wars. He just stuck around despite having the cash to pay him back.

Princess Leia did what she set out to do which was get the Death Star plans to the rebels and destroy it.

Yes the bigger threat of the Empire was not resolved and Darth Vader got away, but the story on it's own (Before "Star Wars" became "A New Hope") we are shown a pivotal swing in the balance of power between the Rebels and the Empire.

Rey is someone who struggled with accepting her fate and does so at the end, but where her destiny takes her is all stuff they will address in the sequels.
Kylo Ren was perusing more power with the dark side o the force and will complete his training in the sequel.

Bread

Banned
New BotW was hilarious. Loved their reactions to the party video. Also the "5% of profits will be donated to survivors of SIDS" is so fucked up and funny to me.

UrbanRats

Damn, Mad Max and The Martian are the only best picture nominations i saw this year (and i wish i hadn't seen The Martian).
Then again i have no desire to see any of them, looking at the list.

I thought it was utterly bland and boring.
And i like "hard sci fi", my favorite movie is 2001.
Damn well here I thought the movie was generally liked. I wouldn't call it award winning. First sign I thought it was when my friend, a Republican who works in the oil industry, told me that even with his utter hate for Matt Damon he liked the movie.

I'm basically throwing all my chips for mad max. Maybe Fassbender best actor for Steve Jobs even though leo will take it this year

UrbanRats

Damn well here I thought the movie was generally liked. I wouldn't call it award winning. First sign I thought it was when my friend, a Republican who works in the oil industry, told me that even with his utter hate for Matt Damon he liked the movie.

I'm basically throwing all my chips for mad max. Maybe Fassbender best actor for Steve Jobs even though leo will take it this year

Usually Oscar nominations don't line up with my personal tastes in movies.
So i guess that's one reason.

Looking at my top 10 for 2015, i think i'll root for Mad Max.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Jay streams are when the 'audio only' feature in Twitch is awesome. Actually, the Twitch app has really gotten much better lately.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
The Prev_Rec Twitch archives are only up to just after Christmas now (For fucks sake, how is this acceptable?) but I must say Karen and Rich make an adorable couple. That's literally my relationship goals right there.

But come on. They sometimes go days without uploading. No wonder they're so much further behind now. I swear it used to be much closer to original stream date. Now it's 2 months.

If I didn't like to sometimes use YouTube's speed control feature for consumption, I'd just watch their archives on Twitch. Except that there they're not split into games since some streams they'll play multiple games. So watching them on YouTube as a convenience thing.

Also, I hate that they don't put something like 1/3 or 1 of 3 on their uploads so I know when a game is fully uploaded and I can watch all at once. And with their delays now it's a painful wait to see if there might be one more part to that game stream I want to watch. It's at the point I get happy when I don't even see a "part" knowing that it's the entire stream segment right there and ready.

Do they upload directly from Twitch or use the raw footage and split it themselves? I understand they're busy people but this gets ridiculous sometimes.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Do quote me, but i believe they do it manually.

You can export the entire video to YouTube and then YouTube has a video editor you can clip it to whatever you want.

They probably keep unlisted or private versions of the entire length of the particular streams.

I can't believe they haven't been more current with the streams.

I just tweeted them about it, maybe it will illicit a response.

Top Bottom