• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Oh god, I finally watched the new Wheel of the Worst. Man...that episode went to some dark, twisted places.

I'm surprised they didn't bring up that it's not just Exploding Varmints, but Exploding Varmints Part 1.

ExVicis

So my first post in here. Decided it would be a gif of the last Best of the Worst.

b0c39015eaf5c20b4a82d4572935eaf5.gif

sorry I kinda suck at making gifs

ok the new Wheel of the Worst was the first best of the worst I watched and holy crap they were not kidding about the Varmints guy being a psychopath, he was textbook in a way thats scary

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Isn't hypnosis mostly bollocks? So just that, bollocks.

But I want to see creepy dudes "hypnotize" completely foreign ladies that they have never seen before. I just need to know. I need to.
If that stuff actually worked like that, I wouldn't want to see it cause that would actually be creepy. And hopefully illegal.

Oreoleo

Isn't hypnosis mostly bollocks? So just that, bollocks.

The way pop-culture depicts it, yeah. You're not gonna be putting people into a trance or a "deep sleep." Though I don't have any first-hand experience I think there is probably something to be said for subconscious suggestion and influencing people with body language and stuff the way pick-up artists describe it.

jett

D-Member
So my first post in here. Decided it would be a gif of the last Best of the Worst.

https://i.gyazo.com/b0c39015eaf5c20b4a82d4572935eaf5.gif[IMG]

sorry I kinda suck at making gifs[/QUOTE]

[quote="MetroidPrimeRib, post: 195310037"]Didn't know there was a RLM OT, subbed for these hack frauds[/QUOTE]

Greetings fellow hack frauds!

Got trolled by RLM twice tonight. One was the direct to video horror episode of Best Of The Worst and the other was Jay's VLOG on his specific YouTube channel where he reviews fast food items and has random musings.

Aiii

So not worth it
Didn't know there was a RLM OT, subbed for these hack frauds

The hack fraud mods stuck us in Community for no good reason. TV shows get to be in OT though, those are the cool kids.

Kidding aside, it's a shame this thread is buried in here where nobody finds it, tons of RLM watching people on GAF that never even notice this thread because nobody checks Community, ever. That division of the forum Is far from beneficial.

peakish

I miss the good ol days so much. *sigh*
Having removed the sub banner and now finally reduced the noise of the donation alert it's much better again. Works decently for podcasting at work.

Glad to hear Rich finally enjoying Xcom 2. It could do with a balance pass but it's pretty great.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i never liked the donation alert sound effects. glad theyre going back on them

my main complaint is they are 2 months behind on the youtube videos of their streams. like, come on. their previous stream should all be up by their next stream.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
i never liked the donation alert sound effects. glad theyre going back on them

my main complaint is they are 2 months behind on the youtube videos of their streams. like, come on. their previous stream should all be up by their next stream.

Yeah I joked about the facecam but having an inset camera rarely makes anything worse about the streams and sometimes improves it. It's really the constant audio distractions that make for a bad time. The delay in getting them on Youtube is annoying when they play games over multiple weeks. A few times I've noticed that they were playing a game from seeing it on Youtube and wanted to catch the next stream before remembering how far back it is.

Shy

Having removed the sub banner and now finally reduced the noise of the donation alert it's much better again. Works decently for podcasting at work.
Oh no, i don't have a problem with the banner and alerts, the streams just feel different to me nowadays then the older ones did.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Oh no, i don't have a problem with the banner and alerts, the streams just feel different to me nowadays then the older ones did.

probably because it was less of a "show" and more of a "podcast" with the only thing to see being the game.

they rarely ever do the skype-in streams now. They do facecam on sundays and wednesdays, so the wednesday streams used to feel more "special" and were the "group" streams with jay usually.

when they skyped in they were talking more about random stuff instead of both being focused on the game like they are now.

peakish

I still think that they chatter a lot about other things than the game these days, at least when they're not doing silly voice overs in a dialog heavy game (those Undertale streams were my nightmares personified even if Jack had to suffer more than anyone else for that mistake, heh).

But for sure, shows are always a bit different in subtle ways once their hosts settle into their roles. I do remember that the stream could get weirdly awkward sometimes with, them spending the first 10 minutes every show to fix endless streaming issues of which there were none when they tested the setup before starting, playing some weird game late into the night with chat names as characters, or Jack being slightly too drunk. If anything I'd say that the stream is more normal these days, which makes for less dead times but less weirdness.

Probably suits me better overall as someone who tunes in only occasionally and for the VOD's rather than being there for the interaction. Like anything they could always use more Jay, though.

Top Bottom