• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

UrbanRats

Mike drinking that Max Landis kool aid, lol.
Jay don't give a shit, tho.

Probably the most uncomfortable episode of HitB i've ever seen.
One where they interview the real George Lucas would probably be the only thing beating this.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Mike seemed like he was on painkillers more than usual, lol.

That seems like a weird one to try and review though, not sure who the audience is for what seems to be an edge-tacular romantic comedy.

Even retroactively liking American Ultra.
Lol that was hard to watch.

Yeah, that part did irk me.
but they did give a good critical analysis to "Me, Him, Her".
I take this back, I get Landis can be a charming guy, but how can they take back the great and valid critic, they did for Victor Frankenstein and American Ultra. they 100% had issues with the script. I still love the guys but they should really steer clear of reviewing their friend material.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Boy yeah, I just saw that.

That was probably the lamest thing they've ever done. All that setup to their critical review. You can't set yourself up as this overly critical, nihilistic, destructive review show and then have like 6 minutes of OUR BUDDY MAX AND HIS MOVIE AND HE IS OUR BUDDY AND BOY WE NEED TO SET HTIS UP SO HE DOESNT GO ON A TWITTER TANTRUM AGAIN

UrbanRats

I think Jay was fine.
He wasn't merciless or anything, but he didn't fumble around his thoughts like he had a gun to his head.

Even when Mike liked Jurassic World, highly unpopular opinion, it felt more genuine than this.

Grinchy

Banned
I didn't actually mind American Ultra. Eric Foreman was a horrible casting choice, though. He almost single-handedly ruined the movie. Other than that, it was a fun little ride.

Holy shit, I just realized Jay's intro to 10 Cloverfield Lane references the Plinkett/Nadine saga. How did I not realize this until just now?

LakeEarth

I didn't actually mind American Ultra. Eric Foreman was a horrible casting choice, though. He almost single-handedly ruined the movie. Other than that, it was a fun little ride.

I'm actually with you on this. There was a lot of problems, casting and an uneven tone especially, but there was enough entertainment in there for me to honestly say I enjoyed it.

I had a good time with this week's Half In The Bag, and completely agree with their take on 10 Cloverfield Lane. Great 95% of a movie.

Sephzilla

Yeah Mike bending over backwards a little to not piss off Max again seemed a little weird. They did give a good analysis of the movie though. The only thing that really seemed off was them sort of retroactively liking American Ultra.

B33

Banned
Having friends who have made a variety of things, I'm more inclined to be forgiving of the flaws of their work than if I were to come across the material without any connection to it. I think Mike and Jay did well critiquing it for what it's worth. Jay seemed more comfortable saying negative things about ME HIM HER than Mike, although I think they made it clear they didn't care for the movie.

Alphahawk

I don't think Mike was giving any favoritism towards Max, I mean they both disliked the movie. I just think he was trying to play the devil advocate to Jay.

peakish

I knew nothing about that Max Landis movie, but if his story is true I gotta admire how he just goes in with full zeal when a studio asks him to market a movie by himself, lol. Oh, it can be released in two weeks? LET'S FUCKING DO IT

I knew nothing about that Max Landis movie, but if his story is true I gotta admire how he just goes in with full zeal when a studio asks him to market a movie by himself, lol. Oh, it can be released in two weeks? LET'S FUCKING DO IT

Well what is he supposed to do? just let his project die. I would call it more desperation than zeal.

He definitely got more attention on it than the average 'sent to die' straight-to-video movie though.

In itself it's an interesting experiment in comparing the efforts of some random guy to the efforts of big companies.

Top Bottom