• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

jman2050

I'm still disappointed they never did a Plinkett review of Into Darkness, even considering its HITB coverage. The Star Wars stuff is hilarious but I always preferred their Star Trek reviews, always seemed to be much more in Mike's wheelhouse.

I'm still disappointed they never did a Plinkett review of Into Darkness, even considering its HITB coverage. The Star Wars stuff is hilarious but I always preferred their Star Trek reviews, always seemed to be much more in Mike's wheelhouse.

ExcuseMeSir.jpg

I would love to see a review of Into Darkness as well. There's still time for one. And there is even a third Star Trek movie coming up.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

It's because no one cares about Star Trek. They mentioned how the view count for their first Star Wars review eclipsed all the Star Trek videos combined and that basically drove where they went.

It seems that with HITB, Mike doesn't want to review more modern movies with Plinkett. The hindsight of a couple of years also really helped the Plinkett reviews be really good too. He could have done some more recent stuff like Terminator Genysys(hell, even Terminator 3 could make a good Plinkett review). I am glad he isn't running the character into the ground or just doing really weird stuff in the meantime like Baby's Day Out or Cop Dog.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It seems that with HITB, Mike doesn't want to review more modern movies with Plinkett. The hindsight of a couple of years also really helped the Plinkett reviews be really good too. He could have done some more recent stuff like Terminator Genysys(hell, even Terminator 3 could make a good Plinkett review). I am glad he isn't running the character into the ground or just doing really weird stuff in the meantime like Baby's Day Out or Cop Dog.

They did a short review of Star Trek 2009 as Plinkett. I have no idea, but I assume the view numbers for that are low as well.
(I guess technically they did two Plinkett reviews of ST2009, with the first one being that rape joke review :p)

Bluth54

I can't wait for the Force Awakens Plinkett review, it's been way too long since the last one.

I really hope they do Star Trek Into Darkness soon as well.

Huh. So Jack and Rich liked Firewatch more than I thought they would. Rich of course goes with the
'not a game' aspect but liked the writing
. Also liked the mystery aspect? No that ruined the game imho.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
He can probably temporarily edit it using the CAM footage and then replace it with the digital footage when that comes out

He used lots of behind the scenes footage for the previous reviews. While there's a lot of that already, he'll probably want to go through all the stuff on the BluRay first.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
What the fuck is the Ring theory?
Glancing at it makes it seem like the Room 237 version of "It's like poetry, it rhymes."

Houndi101

Betting on Christmas 2016 release on the Plinkett Force Awakens review

Edit: One of the fondest grown up Christmas memories was coming home the night before the Holidays and stretching myself on the couch and watching the Indy 4 review

Grinchy

Banned
Say what you will about Landis, he is the perfect viewer stand in, in that scene.

I'm not a fan of his, but the BoTW episode he was on may be my all-time favorite. I thought he was awesome on it and livened up the whole room. Mike looked only barely suicidal for once.

I don't get why people hate Landis. I find him to be quite entertaining.

I think part of it was him lashing out at RLM for not liking his last movie when they had already given him lots of credit for Chronicle.

He was talking about how their taste in movies is shit because they like the prequels (SW). It came across like he had not heard of them when he made that comment and was just angry. It rubbed some people the wrong way.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i guess i shouldnt be surprised that there would eventually be a plinkett review of force awakens, but i didn't think it'd be that soon.

but since they're doing yearly star wars movies, they might want to capitalize on doing more plinkett reviews? i dont know.

Laputa_94

I'm still making my way through Half in the Bag and made it to episode 55 which covers Man of Steel. As someone who really only knows Superman from All-Star Superman this movie sounds like a nightmare. By completely ruining the tone and the character of Superman, good god. It does make me curious to watch the older Superman films however since I have only watched little bits of the first two.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm still making my way through Half in the Bag and made it to episode 55 which covers Man of Steel. As someone who really only knows Superman from All-Star Superman this movie sounds like a nightmare. By completely ruining the tone and the character of Superman, good god. It does make me curious to watch the older Superman films however since I have only watched little bits of the first two.

I actually kinda liked the movie, but that's just me.

Fox Mulder

It's because no one cares about Star Trek. They mentioned how the view count for their first Star Wars review eclipsed all the Star Trek videos combined and that basically drove where they went.

that's the truth. Star Trek movies have almost always sucked and the series died a weak death with Voyager and Enterprise. I grew up liking Trek more, but its completely irrelevance has led me to become a fan of Dr. Who and get back into Star Wars. I don't give a shit what awful trash they put out for Star Trek now, it's dead.

I don't get why people hate Landis. I find him to be quite entertaining.

1. Because he's a hypocrite
2. He writes bad movies, managed to write one good one, but pretends everyone is against him

Another for me personally is he tries too hard to get people to like him, in the RLM video he was like trying to get high fives and to tell jokes to the guys. Like we get it, you're peppy and upbeat and weird. Good for you.

Flipyap

I'm not a fan of his, but the BoTW episode he was on may be my all-time favorite. I thought he was awesome on it and livened up the whole room. Mike looked only barely suicidal for once.
The ending skit with Lord Macaucau was one of the best things RedLetterMedia has ever spawned and it wasn't even made by them.
#HireMax ... well, #SabotageMaxsHollywoodCareerThenHireMax

Myggen

I've been rewatching a ton of BoTW lately and I think the Max Landis episode is my favourite too. So good.

Joeku

Landis is the dude from the "I cant I cant I cant" GIF? I didn't even recognize him.

I saw that gif long before I ever saw video of him, and always heard him with an English voice in my head. He really just sounds like a bored American psych student.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wonder if they'll review 10 Cloverfield Lane and what they make of Dan Trachtenberg in as much as they sort of had parallel careers. Heck, they even made fun of the style of "nerd review" show that Dan was involved in.

Top Bottom