• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
I know how crazy it sounds on the internet, but I actually kinda liked Man of Steel.

Strong C+ movie for me

In terms of crazy internet stories, I know of a marvel deadpool fanboy who actually loves wolverine origins and had zero issues with what they did to wade in it

I know how crazy it sounds on the internet, but I actually kinda liked Man of Steel.

While I didn't particularly like MoS, relative to the reaction of others, maybe I did? Thinking it's a C- at best when everybody is saying F, that C- not looking too shabby.

Excited for the RLM review of BvS. I enjoyed it more than MoS, but I imagine the review will be harsher.

Rydeen

I'm with you on that.
Despite all my criticisms of Batman V Superman, I still think Man of Steel is good. Moments like Clark saving the guys on the offshore rig, or young Clark saving the schoolbus, or the joy in his first flight (and when Hans Zimmer's score really soars), or dropping the spy satellite next to the general and explaining hes just a boy from Kansas, THOSE are Superman moments. It's like Snyder and Goyer listened to all the criticisms about what DIDN'T work and never reflected on what DID work.

Man of Steel just felt so....juvenile, like there's a level of petulance in the filmmaking that made it really difficult to like. It's not like a regular bad film which has no idea that it's a bad movie, or one of the mediocre MCU films that's built on a list of studio directives and going through the motions, but rather it understands what a good film would look and feel like but chooses not to follow through because it would be too easy.

It could very easily have been a good movie and everyone involved (even Snyder) had the competency to execute one, but they just chose not to I guess because it's what everyone expects. It's like a kid breaking their favorite toy because the neighor's kid has a better one.

UrbanRats

Can't wait for Snyder to cry on Twitter, going over for a special episode of BotW, and then have Mike say how much he loved Man of Steel vs Boxoffice.

Houndi101

I was actually just thinking about Batman v Superman but actually you're right, Plinkett draws closer.
Hopefully it will be full 1 hour 30 minutes review

Sblargh

Banned
I watched MoS yesterday for the first time so I could get in the Snyder hate train and boy, did it work.

It's a movie about a sociopath alien with freudian mommy issues.

jett

D-Member
Lets just say they have had access to the 1080p content for a few days now. So probably tomorrow.

What do you mean?

edit: Oh Star Wars. I don't foresee them releasing the video before the movie has been officially released. It would be an admission of piracy.

I'd vastly prefer that.

Everyone but Rich liked Star Wars a good deal. So I'm kinda meh on that.

they also liked Star Trek but still had a goo plinkett review. And ragging on Snyder is easy as fuck, especially when most hate the film. Plenty of people loved Star Wars, it'd be much more interesting to bring out the negatives on that.

Grinchy

Banned
I definitely prefer Plinkett reviews of bad and/or incompetent movies. Star Wars is too good for a Plinkett review. I'd say they should do Jurassic World but Mike wasn't wearing his safety helmet and fell down or something because his IQ dropped low enough to enjoy it.

Catvoca

Banned
they also liked Star Trek but still had a goo plinkett review. And ragging on Snyder is easy as fuck, especially when most hate the film. Plenty of people loved Star Wars, it'd be much more interesting to bring out the negatives on that.

The Titanic review was positive as well, and that was one of his absolute best IMO. I too am more interested to see what he has to say about TFA than BvS

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Looks like I may possibly be seeing Batman Bin Suparman tonight or monday or tuesday with my dad, who loves the characters and knows the movie sucks but wants to see it anyway. Even though he did prefer Returns to Man of Steel and hates what they did to Superman. So I'll be ready for this HITB review. If only I could see Deadpool too. I really want to watch that review too. Also 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Yet he didn't seem to be interested in watching Steve Jobs when I mentioned it, but watched Jobs with me. I think I convinced him into watching that one at least.

I definitely prefer Plinkett reviews of bad and/or incompetent movies. Star Wars is too good for a Plinkett review. I'd say they should do Jurassic World but Mike wasn't wearing his safety helmet and fell down or something because his IQ dropped low enough to enjoy it.

I enjoyed Jurassic World for the wrong reasons, maybe Mike did too?

Like I said in the OT thread, having Plinkett review a movie without a lot of unique flaws, leaves room to a more interesting review that deals with the industry as a all.

NeoGiff

I swear just as I refreshed my YouTube page I saw the BvS Half in the Bag episode. The thumbnail was Mike holding a gun to his own head.

Unfortunately, when I clicked back it was gone, and there's nothing on their channel. Did I hallucinate?

Edit: False alarm. It was just their Dark Knight Rises outtakes video. Damn.

Just got back from seeing it. It was honestly not that bad. Wayyyyy better than Man of Steel. The first hour or so was actually pretty great, then it got progressively worse. The Justice League tie in's are bad and there were a lot of cringe worthy aspects (Do you bleed?). People are acting like its Thor 2 bad. Its really ok. I think the universe can be salvaged with better direction, hopefully Affleck takes over.

Edit: In Snyder's defense the action was really good. I was pretty impressed with the beginning of the movie which showed the end battle of Man of Steel from a different point of view. I was also impressed with all the shots of Wayne Manor. Really pretty.

Sanjuro

Just got back from seeing it. It was honestly not that bad. Wayyyyy better than Man of Steel. The first hour or so was actually pretty great, then it got progressively worse. The Justice League tie in's are bad and there were a lot of cringe worthy aspects (Do you bleed?). People are acting like its Thor 2 bad. Its really ok. I think the universe can be salvaged with better direction, hopefully Affleck takes over.

Edit: In Snyder's defense the action was really good. I was pretty impressed with the beginning of the movie which showed the end battle of Man of Steel from a different point of view. I was also impressed with all the shots of Wayne Manor. Really pretty.

bynFXXy.jpg

BigAT

So after being a fan of the Plinkett Reviews and the occasional Half in the Bag episode, I've been spending the last couple of months going through all of their old stuff.

Watching Wheel of the Worst #6 (The Osteoporosis Dance) and #8 (Geritol Follies 20th Anniversary) in short succession makes for AN OVERWHELMING number of jokes at the expense of the elderly.

Top Bottom