• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

What I'd give to see this on BOTW...

yEaXKNT.png

inky

Secret Rich Evans recordings is the best new thing ever. I want to subscribe to a podcast that is just secret Rich Evans recordings.

Was hoping this movie will work as dumb fun, but they make it sound really painful. great review though, makes me want to watch Ant-Man again.

I also like the new framing plot.

I think the last time they were at Plinkett's house at its original location was in "The Man of Steel" episode where it was destroyed at the end and kicked off Plinkett's Odyssey.

Y'all might want to download this one before The Beatles force a takedown.

Also, the first five minutes is probably the best HitB stuff in forever.

I would have rather had Rich laughing than the kid I sat next to who asked his parents to explain every scene for the first hour.

I enjoyed BvS but the review makes sense.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't ever need to see this movie (hate everything Snyder made, esp. Man of Steel), but boy if it didn't make this one of the most enjoyable HitB's in a long while.

Cheerilee

Great episode

e: so, what is Joker's real name in the comics?

In the early comics, Joker was the Red Hood, a minor bad guy who fell into chemicals and became the Joker.

The Tim Burton movie kept the chemicals but left out the Red Hood part, and said that his name was Jack Napier. But the movie isn't canon.

In The Killing Joke (a non-canon comic in which the Joker finally pushes Batman far enough to murder him, which DC loved and decided to make canon, minus the killing), Joker clarified that he (as the Red Hood) was never a villain, he was just a patsy, a victim pushed into taking the blame for the real criminals. Then Batman came along and pushed him into the acid like a stupid asshole who cares more about punching people in the face to vent his parental issues than he does about helping people. According to the Joker, his name used to be "Jack" (last name unclear, maybe Napier, but maybe not). The Joker also said that he's fucking crazy and a liar, and that his origin story changes depending on his mood.

DC has been deliberately vague on Joker's "canon" name/origin.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Feels like Jay made this episode himself. Extra bizarre and great.

aravuus

In the early comics, Joker was the Red Hood, a minor bad guy who fell into chemicals and became the Joker.

The Tim Burton movie kept the chemicals but left out the Red Hood part, and said that his name was Jack Napier. But the movie isn't canon.

In The Killing Joke (a non-canon comic in which the Joker finally pushes Batman far enough to murder him, which DC loved and decided to make canon, minus the killing), Joker clarified that he (as the Red Hood) was never a villain, he was just a patsy, a victim pushed into taking the blame for the real criminals. Then Batman came along and pushed him into the acid like a stupid asshole who cares more about punching people in the face to vent his parental issues than he does about helping people. According to the Joker, his name used to be "Jack" (last name unclear, maybe Napier, but maybe not). The Joker also said that he's fucking crazy and a liar, and that his origin story changes depending on his mood.

DC has been deliberately vague on Joker's "canon" name/origin.

Very informative post

Thanks!

jett

D-Member
Gal Gadot barely had any lines to judge her one way or another. I think people just liked seeing her CGI double jumping around.

Sblargh

Banned
Zack Snyder's Antman would have him go inside a guy's body and turn back to his normal size to explode from the inside MK style.

The actual way he defeats yellowjacket is pretty brutal if you describe it. It's just that in the movie they made it look like it was happening to a robot (there were sparks, not blood).

That said, the first 45 minutes of the movie would be Scott Lang alone in his cell reading letters from his daughter.

"dear daddy, mommy has a new boyfriend. I love him like I could never love you because he would rather die (and kill) before going to jail and leaving me alone like you did."

jett

D-Member
He wakes up under his car every morning with "You let your family die" written in blood.

He is the best.

Remember when people thought it was the Joker that had written that, and that he knew who Bruce was because the Joker is actually Jason Todd in this universe.

This kind of fan fiction shit makes more sense than what actually happens in the movie.

Top Bottom