• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Myggen

Hack frauds where is my new content

There`s never gonna be more RLM content.

sdfgheou09.gif

Laputa_94

Just listened to the Samurai Cop commentary track. It was weird with them thinking Matt Hannon was dead since they eventually have a interview with him. Also I get a chuckle from the album art for the track.

a4040369397_16.jpg

Aurongel

I found their Stardew Valley opinions super interesting considering it flies in the face of just about all other reception to that game. Thankfully they avoided any creepy waifu discussion with the game which is something that I've had a hard time avoiding online.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I thought it was a fine review. I basically agree with both of them. I had my fill of Harvest Moon back in the day so I don't see myself wanting to play a less challenging/hectic version of it. Part of the fun was trying to fit everything in.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Samantha Bee did a whole bit on Eddie Eagle yesterday. They even played a bit of that stupid don't touch me or I'll tell an adult song.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Because I don't want this thread to turn into Gaming Discussion.

Plus I'm not really a huge Pre Rec fan.
Pre Rec is entertaining as hell. I don't care about Jack haters, I love Jack and Rich. I just wish they'd fucking catch up on their YouTube channel. Their archived streams are over a month or two behind. It's off-putting to be sitting here in February and have them talking about Christmas or Thanksgiving. Now we're in April and they're only on February. Whoever is in charge of uploading the streams needs to put up two a day for a while to catch up. They only stream like twice a week normally and the archives don't need any editing at all. They're usually just raw footage with no edits except being cut into hour or so episodes. So it's not like it's taking time for editing. Yeah I know they're busy people but this stuff is pretty much automated anyway. Do they upload them from Twitch's export feature or from raw footage they saved on their own local machines? The former takes pretty much no effort at all, and the latter would require some simple exporting and batching. But once it's done it's pretty easy to just upload them all and set them on schedules.

I'm getting tired of ignoring all the countless X-COM videos they've been putting up lately. I just want to get to a new game already. I wish they'd upload the entire nights stream at once. Even in parts. Just upload it like a couple days later all at once. But keep on a set schedule so it doesn't get so far behind.

I look forward to seeing the clown stream I've already watched live show up on YouTube sometime in June or July.

I've been into Pre Rec lately too. It's the closest thing we have to a RLM podcast, so I treat it as such since I rarely have an interest in the games they play. I just load up a video while I'm doing something else and listen.

I can't follow what's going on in things I've never played, like X-COM and Rich doesn't really talk about what he's trying to do in the game or his strategy anyway so I just watch for their conversation. And games like Stardew Valley aren't exactly the most exciting things to watch with all the repeating of harvesting and planting of crops.

Some of the indie stuff they play makes for fun videos though. I just watched part 1 of their first time with Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes and it was hilarious.

I'm a sucker for behind the scenes stuff, so I love when they talk about RLM productions and their work. The streams when Jay pops in and it just turns into a conversation about RLM or movies are the best. Even better if he even shows an interest in watching the game like in their Lakeview Cabin stream.

But yeah, they gotta get on uploading stuff to youtube more actively. I've been using the twitch app on PS4 to watch some of the past stuff, but it's just way more convenient to use youtube. They don't seem overly concerned with doing so though.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I love Pre Rec's review style. More reviews should be a conversation between a couple of players instead of the standard shopping list article. I also live for their Sierra adventure streams, except when Rich blows up my TV when he gets loud.

inky

I stopped watching when they added the tip notification. (usually watched Sundays while I got some stuff ready for Monday work).

I understand why they do it, totally respect their decision, but I can't stand it. It's loud, obnoxious, breaks the flow of conversations and at some points it really becomes "pay them to answer my question", which, like I said, I understand I'm not entitled to their time or their interactions (I never use chat anyways) but some people definitely use it like that.

I still like their more longform conversations tho. Their Star Wars and BvS spoiler streams were very good indeed, and it's all archived on twitch so I can do it on my own time.

I stopped watching when they added the tip notification. (usually watched Sundays while I got some stuff ready for Monday work).

I understand why they do it, totally respect their decision, but I can't stand it. It's loud, obnoxious, breaks the flow of conversations and at some points it really becomes "pay them to answer my question", which, like I said, I understand I'm not entitled to their time or their interactions (I never use chat anyways) but some people definitely use it like that.

I still like their more longform conversations tho. Their Star Wars and BvS spoiler streams were very good indeed, and it's all archived on twitch so I can do it on my own time.

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Sanjuro

Why the fuck you calling me trash for ?

Overreaction, no. ?

Sorry. tired.

Hah. Was just kidding. I'm guessing the link is just copy and pasted from this point outward.

Has Jay shown back up to the live streams? I don't think he has been on in a while.

Hack frauds finally sent me my copy of their shit fest, Space Cop, can't wait to listen to the commentary.

Hah. Was just kidding. I'm guessing the link is just copy and pasted from this point outward.

Has Jay shown back up to the live streams? I don't think he has been on in a while.

Well nobody's laughing you fucking moron.

Grinchy

Banned
Can you guys describe Kristin Wiig's character in the new Ghostbusters movie without referring to her physical appearance or occupation?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I get it, the new Ghostbuster movie will still be better than the Star Wars prequels.

Grinchy

Banned
Uptight, bookwormy

haha not bad, I guess that's a pretty legitimate answer to that question

I really should have done it with Kate McKinnon's character. Without describing her hair or the yellow goggles or the fact that she's some kind of engineer, I can't think of anything.

Ambitious

Pre Rec is entertaining as hell. I don't care about Jack haters, I love Jack and Rich. I just wish they'd fucking catch up on their YouTube channel. Their archived streams are over a month or two behind. It's off-putting to be sitting here in February and have them talking about Christmas or Thanksgiving. Now we're in April and they're only on February. Whoever is in charge of uploading the streams needs to put up two a day for a while to catch up. They only stream like twice a week normally and the archives don't need any editing at all. They're usually just raw footage with no edits except being cut into hour or so episodes. So it's not like it's taking time for editing. Yeah I know they're busy people but this stuff is pretty much automated anyway. Do they upload them from Twitch's export feature or from raw footage they saved on their own local machines? The former takes pretty much no effort at all, and the latter would require some simple exporting and batching. But once it's done it's pretty easy to just upload them all and set them on schedules.

I'm getting tired of ignoring all the countless X-COM videos they've been putting up lately. I just want to get to a new game already. I wish they'd upload the entire nights stream at once. Even in parts. Just upload it like a couple days later all at once. But keep on a set schedule so it doesn't get so far behind.

I look forward to seeing the clown stream I've already watched live show up on YouTube sometime in June or July.

Yeah, I actually set up a filter at my RSS backend so I don't have to see them anymore.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i finally got through their Undertale streams on YouTube. is there really more to the game that they could do for only 2 hours or whatever? i hope they go back to it. i remember in a recent stream they said "fuck that game" so i doubt it.

i will never play it, but i thoroughly enjoyed their voices and the story. i dont think i would get anywhere near the same enjoyment playing it since the gameplay isnt really for me.

Top Bottom