• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Maybe their fanbases don't intersect as much as I assume, but I'm surprised they've never tried to reach out to James Rolfe for a Best of the Worst/Wheel of the Worst.

I guess others reach out to them instead though.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i just got to the end of their witness streams. holy shit the ending of that game is hilarious while watching their reactions.

i dont particularly think the game is awful, just boring. it looks so good, though. just a lot of wasted tissue in between the puzzles.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They didn't like the AVGN movie, so. :p

I also don't think they care about the "youtube community" and are just happy enough to do their own thing.

They share a similar love of trashy horror movies.

Makes more sense than Max Landis.

Not really though. There are PLENTY of people out there who enjoy trashy movies and review them/watch them, there's nothing particular about AVGN outside of him being another internet personality with a fanbase.

With Max Landis he's someone who works in the film industry in C and B-tier movies. Every other guest they've had, unless I'm misremembering, have been people in the film industry in one way or another, usually those who have made cult like movies. So Max Landis made complete sense.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
If GameGrumps can get fucking Steve-O and eventually GreyWorm from GOT and some band member of their favorite band, all people not even related to gaming, then anything is possible in the world of internet entertainment.

Not that it'd definitely happen. James seems like a weird choice. But hey, whatever.

jett

D-Member
James Rolfe is kind of a boring dullard when put in a live situation. He never has anything of interest to say.

I kind of consider RLM a different tier than most internet famous personas, I mean the Screen Junkies crossover does make sense because their audience is just insanely large, but AVGN, what would be the benefit?

On this topic do you think the guys fucked up the Len Kabasinski BotW. I mean, I think they should of guided him a bit more, he probably knows his shit, would've love to see a fight scene breakdown from him.

I don't WANT the crossover. I'd rather they stick with people who work in the industry. They don't have to join the youtube social group or appeal to young kids by bringing in wacky personalities and rely on special guests.

Sanjuro

I don't WANT the crossover. I'd rather they stick with people who work in the industry. They don't have to join the youtube social group or appeal to young kids by bringing in wacky personalities and rely on special guests.

They haven't been doing that though.

All is good in hackfraudenville.

MrHoot

I think Super Best Friends crossover would be neat for a best of the worst or commentary

hah.

I don't even know what the gang would be able to say in the presence of one of their biggest gushes.

But yeah, I dunno if Mike and Jay particularily care about crossover with people who aren't specially close to the medium. Although AVGN is a weird one to me

Cheerilee

Saw this posted in another thread.

My Little Critiques: Equestria Girls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0GINI5IhFw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIzl0dXF3qI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-O0eI4n1yY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TKcLreIrco

A Plinkett-fan decides to review Equestria Girls (aka: the recent not-good My Little Pony movie) Plinkett-style, and does a remarkably good job of it. Your experience might be diminished if you can't appreciate the serious critique of My Little Pony, but it's probably still worth a look.

hah.

I don't even know what the gang would be able to say in the presence of one of their biggest gushes.

But yeah, I dunno if Mike and Jay particularily care about crossover with people who aren't specially close to the medium. Although AVGN is a weird one to me

what do you mean?

Xux

How 'bout a Rifftrax crossover? It'd be neat to see Mike or someone show up to a show in Milwaukee.

But yeah, I'd love to see a SBF crossover, too. Have Matt and Pat and Jack and Rich watch shitty video game movies like Doom.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
How 'bout a Rifftrax crossover? It'd be neat to see Mike or someone show up to a show in Milwaukee.

But yeah, I'd love to see a SBF crossover, too. Have Matt and Pat and Jack and Rich watch shitty video game movies like Doom.

Comments they've made on the pre-rec streams indicate they're not big MST3K fans. I don't think that would work.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Any word if they're doing another BotW soon, or if April is going to be another month without it due to their work on Space Cop.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
They never did anything about the Matrix, have they? I just realized I've never seen that first Matrix sequel, and that would be a beautiful way to experience this travesty.

I think in one stream Jack and Rich said they don't even know who Nostalgia Critic is.
I can't even imagine how a crossover between RLM and some of those dorks would be. All the content from people like Nostalgia Critic or Angry Video Game Joe feel super immature in comparison. Their humour is trite, their personalities are embarrassing (and usually taken too far, it's as if Mike or Rich would call themselves Plinkett all the time) and their reviews aren't ever overly smart.

RLM's reviews aren't what I would call 'overly smart' either

But they actually are (I mean not all of them, they definitely put entertainment first), they just don't use academic terminology.
And if we are talking the plinkett reviews, that's like a full on academic breakdown/critic of the movie/industry, just again, using more accessible terms.

mattp

why the obsession with rlm doing crossovers with youtube personalities?
seems like a terrible idea and something they'd have no interest in anyway

also, i never thought about it, but the matrix trilogy would be great for plinkett to review haha

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Speaking of crossover stuff and outside influences, I always thought it was crazy that whenever asked they say they aren't fans or just didn't get MST3K. That just seems right up their particular alley.

OH MY GAAAAAAWD! So much content recently and there is an honest to goodness Plinkett review for The Force Awakens in some manner of progress.

Top Bottom