• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
it's really funny, but Mike's drinking is getting a bit distracting

the lunacy is, like, fucking hilarious when it's out of the blue, but every other episode makes it all a bit obvious

Yeah, I didn't really take it as mean-spirited or any actual anger there. Just him playing up the ridiculous situation. I seriously doubt it's the end of his time on BotW.

Well to be fair, the all magic mushroom rant does make it seem like he was genuinely upset, but yea I'm sure he'll get over it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
it's really funny, but Mike's drinking is getting a bit distracting

the lunacy is, like, fucking hilarious when it's out of the blue, but every other episode makes it all a bit obvious

Oh he's terrible. Almost ruined the Star Wars Holiday video.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The only thing worse than these hack-frauds are you hack-frauds.

They were joking around. They're fine.

Well to be fair, the all magic mushroom rant does make it seem like he was genuinely upset, but yea I'm sure he'll get over it.

One thing to keep in mind is that these videos are edited. They aren't real-time live-streams. I have a hard time believing that anyone in that group is enough of a jerk to put a video online of one of their friends getting pissed off if the friend wasn't okay with it. Even if Josh were legitimately annoyed at that point in the video (which I'm unconvinced that he was), the fact that it's actually in the video I think is pretty solid evidence that it wasn't anything serious and everyone's fine and on good terms with each other now.

Nekofrog

Banned
does anyone else get the feeling that the not-Colin canadian guy always looks like he hates being there and hates the RLM crew? he always looks so embarrassed by their jokes

NR1

Anyone have a list of movies the RLM crew feels are perfect films? Jay just mentioned Fargo on the stream.

During the Krampus Half in the Bag review, I remember them mentioning Tremors, Ghostbusters, Gremlins, and Die Hard. I'm fairly certain they also consider The Rocketeer, Starship Troopers, Back to the Future, The Terminator, and The Matrix perfect movies too.

Grinchy

Banned
does anyone else get the feeling that the not-Colin canadian guy always looks like he hates being there and hates the RLM crew? he always looks so embarrassed by their jokes

haha no I get the impression that he has some social anxiety and maybe being on camera is tough for him. He's also got a very dry sense of humor and it's tough for that to come through with the humor of people like Mike dominating the room.

Anyone have a list of movies the RLM crew feels are perfect films? Jay just mentioned Fargo on the stream.

During the Krampus Half in the Bag review, I remember them mentioning Tremors, Ghostbusters, Gremlins, and Die Hard. I'm fairly certain they also consider The Rocketeer, Starship Troopers, Back to the Future, The Terminator, and The Matrix perfect movies too.

Total Recall? The First Robocop? Basically anything by Verhoven.

Sanjuro

I only got to the first film before passing out on the new Best of the Worst.

...but how much coke did Rich do before the opening there? He was floating!

NR1

Known or Suspected Perfect Films by Red Letter Media:

Pink Flamingos (1972)
Star Wars (1977)
The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
The Terminator (1984)
Ghostbusters (1984)
Gremlins (1984)
Back to the Future (1985)
Pee-wee's Big Adventure (1985)
Aliens (1986)
Robocop (1987)
Die Hard (1988)
Tremors (1990)
Total Recall (1990)
The Rocketeer (1991)
Ed Wood (1994)
Fargo (1996)
Starship Troopers (1997)
Dark City (1998)
The Matrix (1999)
Crank (2006)
Crank 2: High Voltage (2009)
Mad Max Fury Road (2015)
Krampus (2015)

Do we know how they feel about Jurassic Park (1993), The Last Starfighter (1984), or the other Indiana Jones films (other than Crystal Skull)?

Laputa_94

Do we know how they feel about Jurassic Park (1993), The Last Starfighter (1984), or the other Indiana Jones films (other than Crystal Skull)?

I think it would be save to assume thay they feel the Jurassic Park is perfect or close to it based on their commentary track. They enjoy the movie a lot at the very least.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Didn't they mention Amadeus' perfectness once, or am I thinking of another place? Either way, that's a great example.

inky

What's with this "perfect" movie nonsense? I don't even remember the video, but Jay just said something like: there are no perfect movies obviously, except for Fargo.

Fargo is great, and he obviously loves the Coens. I don't think there's much more to that idea of "perfect" movies tho.

Iron Man 3 is a perfect film.

I like IM 3 but that's just Jack tho, he doesn't count. I'm sure he doesn't believe it is perfect, because, seriously, who would? I think he just means it has a "perfect" action comedy structure, where the action is thematically appropriate to the character's journey. So when the armor keeps falling apart it is consistent with Tony's character arc, etc. So it is satisfying in that sense.

Jack is also weird and has the worst opinions too, which should be taken into account in this very serious conversation.

LakeEarth

Fargo has that weird 'lunch with the old school friend' scene that I don't get and feel is extraneous. I'm sure there's a reason it's there that I didn't get, but to me that prevents the movie from being perfect.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Fargo has that weird 'lunch with the old school friend' scene that I don't get and feel is extraneous. I'm sure there's a reason it's there that I didn't get, but to me that prevents the movie from being perfect.
That was the first moment of Marge doubting the inherent goodness in people, which led to pursuing Lundergaard.

NR1

What's with this "perfect" movie nonsense? I don't even remember the video, but Jay just said something like: there are no perfect movies obviously, except for Fargo.

Fargo is great, and he obviously loves the Coens. I don't think there's much more to that idea of "perfect" movies tho.

I'm fairly certain they have mentioned in the past that a "perfect" movie is one that ends at exactly the right moment and doesn't run on longer that necessary. Also, all it's scenes advance the films's narrative and has little to no filler. It's rewatchable endlessly and it's just as enjoyable the first time as the millionth time.

I know they have explicitly stated in the Krampus Half in the Bag episode that Tremors, Ghostbusters, Die Hard, and Grimlins are "perfect" movies in their view. In the Pre Rec stream last night, Jay said Fargo was one too.

Shy

The plinkett reviews are actually present day mike and botw is flash backs to explain how Mike got there
ZbzthBm.png

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I guess Giant Bomb is doing movie commentaries from time to time and I'll just say that clearly you need some kind of skill to be able to talk about a film for 2 hours and make it entertaining.

Shy

So I guess Giant Bomb is doing movie commentaries from time to time and I'll just say that clearly you need some kind of skill to be able to talk about a film for 2 hours and make it entertaining.
Are the GB commentaries not all that then. ?

Top Bottom