• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Are the GB commentaries not all that then. ?
The RLM commentaries you can listen as podcasts. The GB commentaries are long silences followed by reactions to what is happening on screen. I don't know why you'd want to watch a movie with that on.

BigAT

The RLM commentaries you can listen as podcasts. The GB commentaries are long silences followed by reactions to what is happening on screen. I don't know why you'd want to watch a movie with that on.

You have a problem with movie commentaries being based around a movie?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You have a problem with movie commentaries being based around a movie?
I don't really need someone to be the guy who says "wow did you see that?". If I wanted that experience, I'd go to a movie on opening day.

At the very least, I understand why people pay for the MST3K stuff. Since their entire commentary is pre-written (apparently they just read scripts when doing their live shows), it's actually entertaining and not simply just listening to long stretches of silence because the guys are too busy watching the movie to actually talk about it.

In fact, I assume it would be what the "raw" footage of the Wheel of the Worst/Best of the Worst footage would be like, where for every weird thing that happens that actually makes the episode, there's an hour of boring shit where they are just staring at the screen.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
To be fair, I think those commentaries are based on the fact that Dan is showing these movies to Drew for the first time, at least with Rocky IV, so it's gonna be that kind of watch.

inky

There's a difference between "commentary" and "live audience reaction" for sure. I don't know how GB do theirs, but the RLM guys have very often neat little tidbits behind the history of the people involved or some anecdote/technical thing behind the movie and particular scenes. Sometimes they go off rails, but it's not that often.

Oreoleo

Rich wasn't kidding with all the problems he was having with the game. Jesus.

I wonder how much of that was actually on QB. That low-fps thing is exactly like what I was getting in multiple games with some recent Nvidia drivers. They released a new driver yesterday that specifically mentions a fix for it.

jman2050

Wow it took Rich Evans barely a minute to exactly sum up the biggest problem with Uncharted and all its derivatives. That's pretty impressive.

Shy

I wonder how much of that was actually on QB. That low-fps thing is exactly like what I was getting in multiple games with some recent Nvidia drivers. They released a new driver yesterday that specifically mentions a fix for it.
That's an interesting question.

It's going to be like the last 3-4 Marvel reviews.

They liked it but they are so apprehensive of these movies starting to get bad or suffering 'burn out' (they'll use that term several time) that their tone will sound bad but they will say they liked it.

inky

The movie is ripe for comparisons to BvS so it will happen. But yes, it's not going to be anything new: liked it, they did a fine job, but they will still be snarky and sound tired of it all. Probably some kudos for avoiding the big, dumb ending (or moving it to the second act), but who cares, it's another one of these.

Oh my god, Mike's face when Jay said he'd see it again. lol

yjtqPwb.gif

mattiewheels

It's a sad truth, pirates are the only ones who don't have to deal with obstacles put in place to deal with pirates. Funniest part is that the people who made Quantum Break forced anyone who pirated to have an eyepatch on their character, like that isn't something people would want to have.

inky

It's a sad truth, pirates are the only ones who don't have to deal with obstacles put in place to deal with pirates. Funniest part is that the people who made Quantum Break forced anyone who pirated to have an eyepatch on their character, like that isn't something people would want to have.

Some legit users are getting it too, which makes it even more hilarious.

mattiewheels

Some legit users are getting it too, which makes it even more hilarious.
The coolest way I saw someone dealing with pirates was Serious Sam 3. You get to the end of the first level, and there's an enemy that can't be killed, just chases you till you die, lol. That would be great if every game did some fuckery at the end of the first level like that.

The coolest way I saw someone dealing with pirates was Serious Sam 3. You get to the end of the first level, and there's an enemy that can't be killed, just chases you till you die, lol. That would be great if every game did some fuckery at the end of the first level like that.

It's hilarious until some corrupted file or goofy hardware interaction or programming bug triggers it on a legit copy, and the people who have the issue just get mocked and insulted for being a "pirate" when they try to get help online. I've seen some truly reprehensible statements from official company representatives to people who they assume are pirates based on the issue they're having (since Serious Sam 3 is far from the only game to use that sort of anti-piracy tactic).

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
It's hilarious until some corrupted file or goofy hardware interaction or programming bug triggers it on a legit copy, and the people who have the issue just get mocked and insulted for being a "pirate" when they try to get help online. I've seen some truly reprehensible statements from official company representatives to people who they assume are pirates based on the issue they're having (since Serious Sam 3 is far from the only game to use that sort of anti-piracy tactic).

then they just patch it for legit copies?

because steam would download it?

record of your purchase doesnt disappear

No, how would the company know it's a bug and fix it if the bug report never gets past the "being mocked on the support forums" stage?

Eventually, maybe they'll figure it out, but in the meantime, how many legitimate customers have they called names and belittled? And how much longer might it take to get that bug patched than if support actually acted with respect?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
That won't happen on the Steam forums at all because everybody can see that you bought the game?
It's really not that hard to prove that you bought the game, even on other forums

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
No, how would the company know it's a bug and fix it if the bug report never gets past the "being mocked on the support forums" stage?

Eventually, maybe they'll figure it out, but in the meantime, how many legitimate customers have they called names and belittled? And how much longer might it take to get that bug patched than if support actually acted with respect?

how is that a replacement for contacting customer service? support forums aren't customer service, and it isn't exactly good form to have employees of a developer going around trolling people on support forums. not to mention people can actually see that you've purchased games on steam on your profile.

if a bug is prevalent in a paid copy of a game, you have a record of purchase and can contact your vendor for a refund or to get the developer to fix it otherwise. if the developer doesnt fix the issue then they dont deserve your business in the future.

how is this any different than a normal game-breaking bug?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
"I'm having a problem with my game"

"Lol, that's a problem only pirates get!"

"But I'm not a pirate, here's my proof of purchase email."

"Oh."

Top Bottom