• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Sanjuro

JCrD5SQ.jpg

Two episodes into re:view and I can't tell if I prefer the condensed with clips or the straight extended discussion version. There is a lot of great discussion being cut, but often times the clips they cut to are hysterical or add great context to the discussion.

Boney

Banned
Two episodes into re:view and I can't tell if I prefer the condensed with clips or the straight extended discussion version. There is a lot of great discussion being cut, but often times the clips they cut to are hysterical or add great context to the discussion.
Do both!

Boney

Banned
Should I get into Pre-Rec? I love the guys but I've seen their Zelda II and Shovel Knight episode and the format is a bit of a mess. They really need a third guy to help carry the discussions and help further elaborate. Any good episodes that will make me see the light?

Assuming they're of a similar mindset of mine where I don't give a fuck about Warcraft, then I doubt it. Seems like one of those movies you only watch if you care about the franchise.
That's some of their best half in the bags though. Plus it's Hollywood enough but will be a nice contrast to all the super hero shenanigans.

Again, reminder:

"We have been taking a small break from Half in the Bag for a couple of weeks because...well, who cares about the Ninja Turtles sequel? Or Warcraft? There's very little we would probably have to say about those. We'd rather use the time to focus on other projects."

Cheerilee

Should I get into Pre-Rec? I love the guys but I've seen their Zelda II and Shovel Knight episode and the format is a bit of a mess. They really need a third guy to help carry the discussions and help further elaborate. Any good episodes that will make me see the light?
I think "The Order: 1886" is probably their best episode. And you could follow it with something like "Doom".

I'd imagine HitB will return for Star Trek.
Lowered expectations. I'd expect Plinkett to return for Star Trek.

Again, reminder:

"We have been taking a small break from Half in the Bag for a couple of weeks because...well, who cares about the Ninja Turtles sequel? Or Warcraft? There's very little we would probably have to say about those. We'd rather use the time to focus on other projects."

This from their patreon?

It's nice the RLM guys don't feel obliged to watch every movie because they run a review show.

I really don't enjoy reviews where they just aren't interested. That transformers Half in the Bag where they split up their viewing was my last favorite "review" they've done.

Grinchy

Banned
I like watching HiTB when I've seen the movie they're discussing so that sounds good to me. There is no way I'm wasting my time with Ninja Turtles or Warcraft at any point in my life. The first Ninja Turtles movie was fucking horrid. You'd need a lobotomy to be able to sit through the whole thing.

As much as I'd like to watch those reviews, I understand their position completely. It's also not hard to imagine what they'd be.

Regarding TMNT, Mike would react with positive flavored apathy. He liked the schlock, but he's tired of this type of movie. When asked if he would recommend it he would hesitate and then say that he would only recommend it for certain audiences. It would be too little too late for Jay and he would not recommend it while conceding that it did right a few wrongs.

That's my guess.

As much as I'd like to watch those reviews, I understand their position completely. It's also not hard to imagine what they'd be.

Regarding TMNT, Mike would react with positive flavored apathy. He liked the schlock, but he's tired of this type of movie. When asked if he would recommend it he would hesitate and then say that he would only recommend it for certain audiences. It would be too little too late for Jay and he would not recommend it while conceding that it did right a few wrongs.

That's my guess.

maybe a couple of jokes making fun of Megan Fox's face around the 15-minute mark

Shy

what did you not like about it? only looked at what the format was didnt watch any of it.
Didn't agree with anything they were saying all stream, really.

Imagine the Uncharted video, but stretched out for the entire stream. And that's how it felt to me.

And i don't enjoy saying that either.

Oreoleo

Didn't agree with anything they were saying all stream, really.

Imagine the Uncharted video, but stretched out for the entire stream. And that's how it felt to me.

And i don't enjoy saying that either.

I couldn't believe, knowing what I know about Rich's taste in games, that DETROIT of all games was the one he seemed the most interested in.

I've come to accept that their gaming opinions just don't overlap with mine. Their Order 1886 review was quite humorous and it helped that they're coming from a film background. But their general opinion on games is just way too different from mine.

I've come to accept that their gaming opinions just don't overlap with mine. Their Order 1886 review was quite humorous and it helped that they're coming from a film background. But their general opinion on games is just way too different from mine.

Yep, I usually can't argue against their opinions since they have valid complaints those things generally don't bother me though.

Flipyap

If you thought the guys from Giant Bomb were jaded, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh booooooooooooooy.
They're not really jaded, they're mostly just loudly and proudly ignorant. Very, very loudly.

Having strong opinions is fine, but their rants are too often based on stuff they don't understand or on the bizarre assumptions they make before they're even shown anything to get all shouty about. Sometimes both, like when they made a video consisting of nothing but Rich yelling that everyone should pirate Quantum Break because the game asked him to sign-in one time to authenticate his copy, which apparently meant that it's "always online."

komplanen

If you thought the guys from Giant Bomb were jaded, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh booooooooooooooy.

They're not really jaded, they're mostly just loudly and proudly ignorant. Very, very loudly.

Having strong opinions is fine, but their rants are too often based on stuff they don't understand or on the bizarre assumptions they make before they're even shown anything to get all shouty about. Sometimes both, like when they made a video consisting of nothing but Rich yelling that everyone should pirate Quantum Break because the game asked him to sign-in one time to authenticate his copy, which apparently meant that it's "always online."

I agree with this.The difference between Pre-Rec and Giant Bomb is that every individual GB member has been in the games journalism space for about 12 years longer than Rich and Jack combined.

Jeff Gerstmann comes off as someone who's been doing this shit for 20 years and he's literally seen it all several times over. Jack and Rich are just opinionated gamers who react to everything in a split second and straight from their hearts. Also they sort of suffer from the audience effect where they sometimes seem to get off on a tangent even more because they know people are going to react to strong opinions strongly.

komplanen

In one of the videos Jay referenced Tim and Eric sketches and I just watched two. They were really bad.

I just thought you'd want to know this.

Top Bottom