• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Sanjuro

I haven't seen the MS conference but that seems absolutely ridiculous after how many games Sony showed off.

How is it ridiculous? They showed a lot of random videos without gameplay.

The orange haired robot animal game looked kind of interesting though.

Cheerilee

Jack and Rich don't always line up with my own views, but I'm fine with that.

Like, Rich shits on JRPGs, and I really like JRPGs, so I just ignore Rich when he starts going off on that tangent. But then Rich really likes oldschool text adventure games, so when he goes off on that tangent I can feel his positive enthusiasm and I appreciate it, even though I was never into those games myself.

I like playing PC games with controllers, probably because I'm more used to them coming from a console background instead of a PC background. Rich shits on controllers and says mouse/keyboard is the best tool for the job. I'm fine with it because Rich isn't wrong, and I think he defends his position sufficiently. I also like it that Jack, like me, prefers controllers, and occasionally says so to Rich.

I like Rich being an old man yelling at clouds, because it's fun to watch and I guess his views are "close enough" to mine. I imagine if we were farther apart, I'd get tired of Rich shitting on the things that I love.

One thought about the two-man review format is that the two reviewers can either agree or disagree, and when they disagree a viewer might feel that there's at least someone in their corner, defending their embattled opinion, even if that reviewer clearly loses the argument. When the reviewers are in agreement, it lends more power and authority to the position they took. Maybe Jack needs to disagree with Rich more often? Or is it better to have a loud one and a quiet one?

Jack's outright refusal of watching anything South Park was the most baffling thing to me.

Like, has he never seen it before?

I thought they would have loved that trailer.

I don't I love uncharted but a lot of people were saying "everything looks like uncharted between the camera angle and way the story is told" blah blah

Did those people accidentally watch last year's show when Tomb Raider and Uncharted 4 were featured? Nothing at any of the conferences resembled Uncharted this year.

Grinchy

Banned
Did those people accidentally watch last year's show when Tomb Raider and Uncharted 4 were featured? Nothing at any of the conferences resembled Uncharted this year.

Games that are 3rd person are now Unchrated clones, I guess. This is the level of discourse we can now expect.

Shy

Jack's outright refusal of watching anything South Park was the most baffling thing to me.
Especially when he played the Days Gone trailer after saying how much hates and is tired of zombies (which i agree with him, they are completely played out and are boring now) if you truly feel that way, then don't play the trailer.
And then playing the COD trailer, which they both hate (again i agree with them, i have no time for COD)

Neither of which ANYONE IN THE CHAT was asking to see. But EVERYONE was asking to watch the South Park trailer.
Jack's reason for not playing it was he doesn't care about South Park at all. (Which is fine) But don't turn around and then play two trailers for things you don't give the slightest shit about then. It just show shows open contempt for you audience.

And in the case of Days Gone, go on for ten to fifteen minutes about how much you hate and have no time for zombies in your heart, then turn around and play the second 10 min gameplay trailer while complaining about it.

The whole stream they just came across as being wilfully ignorant. And i don't enjoy sating that, because i like both Rich and jack (even though i know they don't like me)

Oreoleo

Days Gone and God of War both seem to blatantly be chasing a narrative with emotional heft similar to what TLOU pulled off. Not that that's a bad thing, but the influence is obvious. And showing Days Gone and GoW back to back at the Sony conference was a bad idea that lead to the "everything is Naughty Dog" choir we've been hearing this week.

Especially when he played the Days Gone trailer after saying how much hates and is tired of zombies (which i agree with him, they are completely played out and are boring now) if you truly feel that way, then don't play the trailer.
And then playing the COD trailer, which they both hate (again i agree with them, i have no time for COD)

Neither of which ANYONE IN THE CHAT was asking to see. But EVERYONE was asking to watch the South Park trailer.
Jack's reason for not playing it was he doesn't care about South Park at all. (Which is fine) But don't turn around and then play two trailers for things you don't give the slightest shit about then. It just show shows open contempt for you audience.

And in the case of Days Gone, go on for ten to fifteen minutes about how much you hate and have no time for zombies in your heart, then turn around and play the second 10 min gameplay trailer while complaining about it.

The whole stream they just came across as being wilfully ignorant. And i don't enjoy sating that, because i like both Rich and jack (even though i know they don't like me)

Yeah I don't get it. I would have guessed that they loved stick of truth before that comment. Very bizarre.

I don't think anyone on the crew seems like people who would like South Park's kind of humor. Sort of like how they don't particularly enjoy movies that are purposely B-movies.

Shy

I don't think anyone on the crew seems like people who would like South Park's kind of humor. Sort of like how they don't particularly enjoy movies that are purposely B-movies.
Please don't misunderstand. No one is getting on their case for not liking South Park.

The point was that they were playing shit they knew that they didn't like, while nobody in the chat was requesting it. But completely ignoring what everybody was asking that they play. (most people just wanted to see the trailer for the first time)

They don't take any of this too seriously, so they don't cater to their fanbase. It's both what makes them creatively pure in a way but it's also frustrating as a fan of their work.

Double-edged sword, if you will.

Shy

They don't take any of this too seriously, so they don't cater to their fanbase. It's both what makes them creatively pure in a way but it's also frustrating as a fan of their work.

I'm saying they should pander at all to their fanbase, i believe you should do what excites you creatively, regardless of what fans think.

But if you were in the chat watching people literally beg them to play a 2 minute trailer for at least a good half an hour to an hour. Then you'd understand.

It's was very frustrating and depressing thing to watch.

Yeah, I love RLM but PreRec is a mixed bag for me. Their streams are fun when Jay is in it.

Sanjuro

South Park is certainly more niche. If you're not a fan or familiar of the program, there really isn't much to be had with the property.

Again, despite the obvious lack of content I think they spent a good amount of time on E3 announcements, which is what most people are interested in them commenting on.

komplanen

that went to editing though, and the fact that their kind of joke is in the editing. Haven't seen much of T&E myself either, but that was what he meant.

I know and I agree 100% with Jay on their joke being in the editing. I just felt like saying I hate something.

Also people. Fateful Findings is fucking stupid. I mean WHAT THE FUCK.

Yeah, I love RLM but PreRec is a mixed bag for me. Their streams are fun when Jay is in it.
Speaking as the person who started this thread, I wish PreRec was its own separate thing and we could avoid it entirely in this thread. But that cat's out of the bag. So here we are.

There is just so much humor that is enhanced by the editing in the other RLM videos that watching a stream of Jack and Rich playing a game unedited just doesn't interest me, so I don't care about a watching the streams. And I have found most of their opinions on video games to be not only against my tendencies, but not interesting in the least.

But, hey, to each their own.

Pre-rec deserves to exist for that assassination of the order 1886 along with "pirate that shit" and the various jokes in their stardew valley review.

Shy

I've been thinking this for a few weeks now. Would you guys prefer if i didn't post the Pre-Rec stream notification. ?

Cause i know you guys don't really feel it anymore, and i don't want to be a bother.

I've been thinking this for a few weeks now. Would you guys prefer if i didn't post the Pre-Rec stream notification. ?

Cause i know you guys don't really feel it anymore, and i don't want to be a bother.
I mean a few people here might care, no reason to stop unless you're double or triple posting cause no one has posted since the last one.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's weird to see people so perturbed with Pre-Rec. I guess I just don't take videogames too seriously.

I like Pre-Rec, but it's probably not really necessary. People can subscribe on twitch and get notifications when they go live just as easily

I mean if they're playing a game I want to see them play like ace attorney it interest me so keep em coming

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just listen to the show as a podcast, so the game they play really doesn't matter.

It makes the solo streams kind of pointless for me though.

Why don't they like you?

Shy

I mean a few people here might care, no reason to stop unless you're double or triple posting cause no one has posted since the last one.
I like Pre-Rec, but it's probably not really necessary. People can subscribe on twitch and get notifications when they go live just as easily
I like the bumps.
I mean if they're playing a game I want to see them play like ace attorney it interest me so keep em coming
Thanks for the feedback. I'll go away and have think.
Why don't they like you?
Just a feeling i get from when i try to interact with them, as opposed to others in the chat.

Though i do regret putting that in my post, i shouldn't have made my own worries/problems like that puplic. Sorry.
New Zelda is making that acronym confusing.
LOL. Yeah.

Pre-rec deserves to exist for that assassination of the order 1886 along with "pirate that shit" and the various jokes in their stardew valley review.

I forgot which game was "pirate that shit", but I loved the Angry Joe review of The Order 1886. "Look at that fucking lamp!" Man, that game was an epic clusterfuck. Never seen the Pre-Rec version, so I wonder if it's going to be as good as Joe's. brb, gotta pirate some shit.
@mods: by which I mean watch on YouTube

Shy

"Every day we receive thousands of terrible ideas for our next Zelda game. Some are so fucking weird we don't exactly know what to do with them."
LEEj9yf.gif

"Every day we receive thousands of terrible ideas for our next Zelda game. Some are so fucking weird we don't exactly know what to do with them."

This feels strangely cynical after the whole debacle about Link not being female as an option and the strange explanation given as to why.

Top Bottom