• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

komplanen

so if you are going to go for the 15$ tier, it should probably be to support them, content seems to be pretty sparse.

Thanks!

I'm way too poor to just hand out money so I think I'll do a lower tier. I'm not going to renew my Giant Bomb Premium so that's going to be my $5 per month plan.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hope Resurgence being awful serves as a reminder to people and their shitty nostalgia for the 90s.

Cancel that Space Jam sequel.

I caught up with the last stream and I would LOVE a podcast with Colin talking about his time doing visual effects. I never heard the story Costner wantin ILM to hide his bald spot in Water world or the Walter Mitty hair fix as well.

komplanen

GNg9XuL.jpg

Rydeen

Glad Jay and Josh talked about it. It's funny that Mike would hate it considering some of Mike and Rich's early shorts together feel very Lynchian.

Eraserhead is one of my favorite films, true film as surreal art, existing in the same realm as Dali's paintings or early Luis Bunuel film. Never has a movie for me captured the way dreams and subconscious thought feels the way that Eraserhead did.

Sblargh

Banned
I really enjoyed this episode. Never heard of this movie for some reason despite enjoying everything by David lynch I stumble upon. Kind of wish I watched it before seeing the re:view.

It's also cool to contextualize some stuff, there's that botw episode with the jar where jay goes "I like experimental abastract, but this is crap", so it is nice to have this notion of what sort of experimental movie he does like.

Rydeen

It's also cool to contextualize some stuff, there's that botw episode with the jar where jay goes "I like experimental abastract, but this is crap", so it is nice to have this notion of what sort of experimental movie he does like.

Experimental is fine, pretentiousness is not. Something like that jar and The Item movie they watched are not genuine and pretentious as hell, Lynch is anything but, and that shows in his work. Lynch definitely has a unique attitude and outlook on the world that isnt easy to fake.

I may be misremembering, but didn't he mention it as one of the GOAT films in a previous episode of HitB? Or was that Brazil?

I don't recall either one being mentioned. I was joking with that comment though, since I've never seen Eraserhead myself, so it wasn't based on anything (yes, shame on me).
But now you've made me mighty curious as to whether Mike would or wouldn't like it.

Also, I love Josh; he's a cool guy.

Agreed. Nothing against Mike as a person, but his humor sometimes gets cruder than I prefer, so it was nice to see these two work for a change of pace. I've never seen Eraserhead, or any other David Lynch film, but they may have convinced me to give it a shot.

Sblargh

Banned
I may be misremembering, but didn't he mention it as one of the GOAT films in a previous episode of HitB? Or was that Brazil?

They mention Brazil on the hitb of that wachowsky movie with mila kunis, but I don't remember details right now.

Anyway, Brazil is one of the goat films, so even those hack frauds should recognize that.

Agreed. Nothing against Mike as a person, but his humor sometimes gets cruder than I prefer, so it was nice to see these two work for a change of pace. I've never seen Eraserhead, or any other David Lynch film, but they may have convinced me to give it a shot.
I just can't relate to them at all. I love the first half of lost highway, though. Very creepy. But then it turns into a farce with one of the crappiest actors I've ever seen on film.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Canadians must be how other people feel about Josh and Jack for me
Working today. Was just thrinking how nice it would be to go home, relax, and watch a new best of the worst.

Nice.

Unfortunately, you're stuck with wheel of the worst instead

Xux

Haha, that was great. Colin's laughter joke was amazing. I love the surrealness of that ending, too.

Does Josh, like, do anything else on the internet; he seems like such a natural that I'd be surprised if he doesn't do other videos or something
aside from those videos of his band on Jack's YouTube.

Top Bottom