• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Boney

Banned
I'm sure Jim is a wonderful guy but he just looks so uncomfortable by the dark humor that gets passed around and is half of the time staring at the desk silently.

And losing one seat in this discussions is too much maaaan

I'm sure Jim is a wonderful guy but he just looks so uncomfortable by the dark humor that gets passed around and is half of the time staring at the desk silently.

I think he works well as the awkward straight guy, clearly he enjoys himself or he wouldn't keep flying across the border with his special effects powers.

Grinchy

Banned

The first time I saw him on BoTW I thought the same thing. Now I think it's just his personality to kinda have a straight face the whole time. I think his humor is just very, very dry and that he loves the dark humor as much as anyone in the room.

Grinchy

Banned
cYp3rbS.gif

I loved the editing in this episode. So many awkward moments got highlighted.

Cheerilee

Why did Jay disappear at the end?

He had to go to the hardware store to buy some more light bulbs. Those things were dropping like flies.

Actually, it's a wiring problem. Several bulbs visibly cut in and out at random times. Probably a fire hazard.

If Mike had been on the panel when Rich had said "Gary Busey soaked in urine" he probably would have said something like, "But enough about your sexual fantasies, Rich Evans."

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Well, it's not like they had a whole lot to work with here.

imBask

Banned
new re:view

and Cinemassacre just released a new video for a new series called Re-review where he re-reviews old movies... I'm glad someone dropped a "is this replacing half in the bag" comment on youtube

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have no idea who these youtubers are. Also the comments already have people who feel the need to defend the new movie for reasons.

Great episode, disappointed they didn't release the extended version, it seems like the cut out a lot of ot discussion.

Really hope their comment will generate a lot of weird youtube drama, which they of course just ignore.

I have no idea who these youtubers are. Also the comments already have people who feel the need to defend the new movie for reasons.

Jay parodied their sentence splicing editing style in his Ghostbusters trailer video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6seIQ8rLp8 That was a brutal shot though.

The GB2 commentary is great too

https://redlettermedia.bandcamp.com/track/ghostbusters-2-half-in-the-bag-commentary-track

It is also good to listen to as a podcast if you have seen GB2 at least once since they breakdown most scenes.

It is also a good discussion of the first movie too since the sequel follows a lot of the first film.

Mike repeats the "I'm very psychic about these sort of things" joke from it.

I never realized how little the proton pack is used in the first movie.

I'm fairly sure that Rich's comment on "prick in front of a red curtain" is actually Tim Heidecker, since they know him and he does On Cinema at the Cinema where he plays a bullshit (prick) reviewer, joined by perpetual 'special guest' Gregg Turkington.

The "what's he called again" heavily pointed in that direction anyway.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm fairly sure that Rich's comment on "prick in front of a red curtain" is actually Tim Heidecker, since they know him and he does On Cinema at the Cinema where he plays a bullshit (prick) reviewer, joined by perpetual 'special guest' Gregg Turkington.

The "what's he called again" heavily pointed in that direction anyway.

I didn't catch it while watching. Was it said as a dig against him? I'd be surprised if it was about Tim since Tim has actually been on HiTB before.

I didn't catch it while watching. Was it said as a dig against him? I'd be surprised if it was about Tim since Tim has actually been on HiTB before.

No, just as suspicion since 'the joke' seems to be that none of the shown faces are actually assholes. Or at least not Stuckmann. Can't say I know the other two.

I thought they mentioned Tim a few HitB's ago.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
that's not the same thing... he's re-visiting an old nerd episode and playing it again

talking about this, this is literally re:view
Well not exactly. re:view is movies they've never reviewed before. Just old (and new) movies they like that they didn't make a HITB for.

Re-review looks like he's just adding more to a previous review he did before.

imBask

Banned
Well not exactly. re:view is movies they've never reviewed before. Just old (and new) movies they like that they didn't make a HITB for.

Re-review looks like he's just adding more to a previous review he did before.

heh I guess, I just thought it was weird to see that in my subscription feed, I still like James he's an alright dude

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
heh I guess, I just thought it was weird to see that in my subscription feed, I still like James he's an alright dude
It's basically more like when Doug (Nostalgia Critic) and his brother do a more fleshed out review of a movie that Doug had already done a NC video about.

re:view is literally just a normal review of older movies with a clever name. It's just one more format for RLM to do. HITB for current movies (And in the past, they've done older ones if it was relevant, but I suspect they won't need to anymore with re:view existing.), BOTW/WOTW/etc for shitty VHS videos, PreRec for video games, re:view for older movies that don't need to be part of the HITB story, most likely because it might be a movie they actually like and it's not current.

I say more content the better. I like them all. The more videos they're shoving down my eye holes the better.

jett

D-Member
Is it me or was Rich continually trying to take digs at the new Ghostbusters while Mike preferred to play it more diplomatically? lol. In the end it seems they had a relatively healthy outlook for it, especially Mike, unlike most crazies. The thing already has 3.7 on imdb, hah.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Mike has been pretty clear on his opinion in remakes in the past. He doesn't mind them as long as they try something different, so I believe he really is open to the idea of an all female Ghostbusters but doesn't necessarily think this movie looks good.

Mike has been pretty clear on his opinion in remakes in the past. He doesn't mind them as long as they try something different, so I believe he really is open to the idea of an all female Ghostbusters but doesn't necessarily think this movie looks good.

he did like Jurassic World for the slosh

JABEE

You could tell that Mike was genuinely sad during the Harold Ramis part even though they turned it into a joke about the Beatles.

Top Bottom